Our Craig...

LivinginNH
LivinginNH Member Posts: 1,456 Member

Dear friends,

It is with a very sad and heavy heart that I must inform you that our dear Craig has passed.

Kim was so very pleased that so many of his friends were able to post such lovely heartfelt messages to honor her husband.  She wanted me to tell you that she read all of the notes to Craig before he passed, and he acknowledged each person with a nod when she told him your name. 

Kim also would like me to share with you what happened during the final minutes of Craig's life, something he would have appreciated with his sense of humor.

As Kim and her sister sat at Craig's beside, a powerful storm blew in.  The tornado sirens went off, the wind blew strongly, rain came down in sheets, and the thunder roared....like a great Lion.  The lights then went out, and he was gone.

Please remember Kim and her family in your thoughts and prayers today.  He was a wonderful friend to so many of us, and I will miss him greatly.

May you ride the wings of angels my dear friend, and soar through the heavens.

Cynthia

(I will send out a notice as to the funeral arrangements as soon as possible.  His final resting place will be in PA, so it will be several days until the arrangements are completed.)

Comments

• NewHere
    NewHere Member Posts: 1,427 Member
    :(

THoughts and prayers are with Craig, Kim and all of their family and friends.

I never had a chance to meet or speak with him, but his words and thoughts helped me though this.  I am sitting here with tears...

• Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Very sad news

May he rest in peace.

Thank you Cynthia for letting us know.

Marie who loves kitties

• tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Craig was so special to all

Craig was so special to all of us right from the beginning. He was just so full of knowledge, such a fighter, and such a big cuddly bear of a man. He will live in our hearts forever. 

*hugs*

Gail

• ron50
    ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member
    Thanks Cynthia and Hugs to Kim

Goodbye mate, I wish it could have been without so much pain and suffering,eternal hugs from Ron.

• Easyflip
    Easyflip Member Posts: 588 Member
    So long for now

fellow warrior. Peace to you and your family. I'm glad you're finally pain free.

Easyflip/Richard

• Cathleen Mary
    Cathleen Mary Member Posts: 827 Member
    Easyflip said:

So long for now

fellow warrior. Peace to you and your family. I'm glad you're finally pain free.

Easyflip/Richard

Kim,
    My heart is full of

Kim,

My heart is full of gratitude and sadness. Such a presence, such a loss. My prayer is that he know the joy that he brought to so many. 

Peace and stregth, Kim. Thank you for conveying our messages and for so much more.

Hugs,

CM

• Luv2lunch
    Luv2lunch Member Posts: 270
    So sorry

We are so sorry for your loss Kim. Craig was a great friend. I'm glad he is not suffering anymore. Rest in peace friend.

Love,

Linda and Mom

• Yolllmbs
    Yolllmbs Member Posts: 360 Member
    There aren't

any words that convey my heartfelt condolensces.  I pray for peace for the family and clear sailing for Craig.  He will be deeply missed.

Cyber hugs,

Yolanda

• LivinginNH
    LivinginNH Member Posts: 1,456 Member
    You've Got a Friend

I thought you all might like this, it's something Craig wrote in his Expressions page; "You've Got a Friend" - James Taylor

"When you think of Sundance / Craig - think of this song as I am always with you and will always come to help you. This song says it better than I could ever say in words. I love you guys! -Craig"

https://www.google.com/search?q=you%27ve+got+a+friend&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Another of his choices:

"Everybody Hurts" - REM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijZRCIrTgQc

When the day is long and the night, the night is yours alone,
    When you're sure you've had enough of this life, well hang on
    Don't let yourself go, 'cause everybody cries and everybody hurts sometimes

Sometimes everything is wrong. Now it's time to sing along
    When your day is night alone, (hold on, hold on)
    If you feel like letting go, (hold on)
    When you think you've had too much of this life, well hang on

'Cause everybody hurts. Take comfort in your friends
    Everybody hurts. Don't throw your hand. Oh, no. Don't throw your hand
    If you feel like you're alone, no, no, no, you are not alone

• KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    You are tucked in my heart, dear friend!

Wrapping my arms around all who knew you, and loved you!

Hugs, Kathi

• CanadaSue
    CanadaSue Member Posts: 339 Member
    I have checked in

I have checked in occasionally, since my husband passed wawy, just over 4 years ago. 

I have cried over those that have passed. But I can not wrap my head around the fact that our LION is gone.....

a man who cheered everyone on. The Christmas cd he made will now hold bittersweet memories of him!

my thoughts and prayers are with Kim, and they're family!

• jen2012
    jen2012 Member Posts: 1,607 Member
    I just can't believe it :(

I just can't believe it :(  No words right now, but thanks for letting us know and please let Kim know she is in my thoughts and prayers.

• janderson1964
    janderson1964 Member Posts: 2,215 Member
    I knew it was coming but i am

I knew it was coming but i am so overwhelmed with grief. I am so so sorry Kim for loosing such a wonderful man. I love Craig like a brother. He meant and still does mean so much to me.

• Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member

Read this post that Craig wrote back in 2010.   http://csn.cancer.org/node/184366

It says it all about how we feel at his passing.

He always had the words.

Marie who loves kitties

• UncleBuddy
    UncleBuddy Member Posts: 1,019 Member
    I'm so sad...

Thank you, Cynthia, for letting us know. 

My thoughts and prayers go out to Kim and her family! Craig was such a strong, kind-hearted man who helped so many of us deal with this awful disease. May he soar with the angels!

Lin

• maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member

Read this post that Craig wrote back in 2010.   http://csn.cancer.org/node/184366

He always had the words.

Marie who loves kitties

oh dear

oh my goodness....I guess you know he's really not well....BUT I think sometimes I just don't open this site because  of the fear that I will see a post like this one.  Dear Craig.....so so many years....so many posts....so many ups and downs.....what a journey....I will never forget you....your generosity....think I will go listen to your Christmas album now....

mags

• jen2012
    jen2012 Member Posts: 1,607 Member

He always had the words.

Marie who loves kitties

Thanks Marie. ive been

Thanks Marie. ive been reading through his posts the last couple of days, but didn't see that one.

Wonder if we can make an appeal to csn to not delete his profile page.

• wolfen
    wolfen Member Posts: 1,324 Member

I'm so sad...

Thank you, Cynthia, for letting us know. 

My thoughts and prayers go out to Kim and her family! Craig was such a strong, kind-hearted man who helped so many of us deal with this awful disease. May he soar with the angels!

Lin

My dear, dear friend. You were always there for me.

My condolences to Kim and the family.

Karen

• geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    Dear Kim:

I am so sorry for your loss.  I know firsthand just how difficult these coming days, weeks and months will be.  Craig was a friend to me through my George's journy.  I had so hoped he would be one of the few that kicked this disease.  Craig gave of himself so much to help others through their journeys with this disease.  He will be truly missed and will be closely held in the hearts of so many, many people.

Hugs - Tina

• Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Tears flow

The tears flow and don't stop.  Craig, you gave with such an honest, pure heart.  You had a way of making us all feel so loved by you.  Thank you for everything.  Peace my friend, I miss you already.

Kim, you will stay in my heart and thoughts.  Praying for peace when it is possible.   I am so truly sorry for your loss.  My heart breaks for you.

Aloha,

Kathleen