"Cancer, The Emperor of All Maladies" ~ Ken Burns

Options
GlowMore
GlowMore Member Posts: 789 Member
edited April 2015 in Breast Cancer #1

Anyone see this Documentary this week?  Extremely interesting with lots of History ...but also so much about what is happening now with the Research etc.  It was on PBS...and I'm sure it will be shown again....it's a Six Hour Documentary.

Comments

• mjjones453
    mjjones453 Member Posts: 155
    Options
    Cancer, The Emperor of all Maladies

I saw part one of the Documentary.  It was very interesting to me.  We sure have come a long way in the last years.

• Lourdes10906
    Lourdes10906 Member Posts: 4
    Options

Cancer, The Emperor of all Maladies

I saw part one of the Documentary.  It was very interesting to me.  We sure have come a long way in the last years.

Cancer, Emperor of all Maladies

Yes, mjjones453, cancer research has come a long way. I truely believe that Herceptin saved my life. Eeveryday I thank God that He's awaken my soul my sleep to see another day. With that said, I'm not happy about the after effects of the chemo & radiation I'm left with. Everyday I ache for relief of osteo-arthritis pain caused by the treatments. I am an 8 year survivor. STILL experiencing the effects. I FORCE myself to do the everyday things that most women do around the house i.e., cook, clean, laundry, gardening even taking care of my grandson. Since my fight w/cancer which began at age 55, I'm a different person, wife, mother and grandmother. If I were offered a million dollars or relief of pain, I'd take the latter. I only wish that doctor's had a pain med that was not habit forming that would make me feel better. I've tried so many. The only med that makes me feel that get up & go and makes me feel human again is Oxycodone 7.5, 350 mgs. But now it's been taken from us who need it from the D.E.A.'s regulations. Which by the way, doctor's help put that rule in motion. Hummmm, what do they know about daily, hurting pain?

Well wishes for you. I'm a new member to this forum. Please feel free to contact me or just reply. Thanks. 

• Puffin2014
    Puffin2014 Member Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Cancer The Emperor of all maladies

I recorded it, am watching it now, fascinating.

• desertgirl947
    desertgirl947 Member Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Saw snatches.  Like you, I

Saw snatches.  Like you, I expect it to come around again.

• morgamed
    morgamed Member Posts: 75
    Options

Saw snatches.  Like you, I

Saw snatches.  Like you, I expect it to come around again.

Glued to TV for two nights

I was glued to the TV for two nights.  I found it at midnight so you can imagine I didn't get much sleep after.   I was so impressed with how they told the story in real person language.  I didn't have to google many words.  I wished I had TIVO'ed it...would have been good for later references.

• TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Options
    morgamed said:

Glued to TV for two nights

I was glued to the TV for two nights.  I found it at midnight so you can imagine I didn't get much sleep after.   I was so impressed with how they told the story in real person language.  I didn't have to google many words.  I wished I had TIVO'ed it...would have been good for later references.

All 3 episodes available on PBS website

Just FYI -- all 3 episodes are available to view in full, for free, on PBS' website:  pbs.org.

They also include Katie Couric's 30-minute interview with the series creators that aired before the first episode -- I missed that one.

To watch PBS shows online, you don't have to register or create an account, or anything -- just sit back and watch them!  I love PBS.

Traci

• Lilly9
    Lilly9 Member Posts: 155
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

Just FYI -- all 3 episodes are available to view in full, for free, on PBS' website:  pbs.org.

They also include Katie Couric's 30-minute interview with the series creators that aired before the first episode -- I missed that one.

To watch PBS shows online, you don't have to register or create an account, or anything -- just sit back and watch them!  I love PBS.

Traci

Awesome!  Thanks for letting

Awesome!  Thanks for letting us know Traci

• camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

Traci

Thanks Traci
    I missed all 3 part, but planned on watching it, figured it would come around again now I dont need to wait!
    How are you feeling? Hope you are heling well. It takes a while.