One Year Check Up Looming!

APny
APny Member Posts: 1,995 Member

My one year check-up is coming up on Tuesday. Chest x-ray and kidney scan. I’m getting nervous so please wish me luck. Worst part is, usually I see my oncologist afterwards so we can discuss the results but this time I won’t see him until April 2. And MSK posts the results of the tests online so I can look forward to trying to decipher med-talk and scaring myself to death without any guidance. Not looking is not an option; I know myself and won't be able to stand not peeking, lol.

Comments

• When I go to the same place

When I go to the same place in July later this year, I believe they are taking care of everything in one day.  I just checked my appointments, and I am getting a chest X-ray, ultrasound, blood work and a visit with the doctor all on the same day.  I wonder why they are splitting your appointment in two days?  They may be doing it all in one day because I am coming in from NJ.    Maybe you have 2 appointments because of the anemia issue?  Either way, good luck, and I hope it all goes well. Last time, I did not see Dr. R, but one of his associates.

• gingersnaps
    gingersnaps Member Posts: 67 Member
    scans

Good luck. This is my sons scan week also. Tomorrow. I've been nervous for a week , can't wait to get it over.

• APny

scans

Good luck. This is my sons scan week also. Tomorrow. I've been nervous for a week , can't wait to get it over.

Thank you both!

Thank you both! Positive_Mental, mine are always on the same day too and was orginally scheduled that way. But Dr. Russo is not going to be in on Tuesday so they rescheduled that part for April 2. Maybe one year follow ups are with him? I also saw his fellow at the six month check up.

Gingersnaps, wishing your son the best.

• icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,361 Member
    APny said:

Thank you both!

Thank you both! Positive_Mental, mine are always on the same day too and was orginally scheduled that way. But Dr. Russo is not going to be in on Tuesday so they rescheduled that part for April 2. Maybe one year follow ups are with him? I also saw his fellow at the six month check up.

Gingersnaps, wishing your son the best.

One year check up

APny,

I see a guy named NED in your future.

Icemantoo

• foroughsh
    foroughsh Member Posts: 779 Member
    That's how it is, we get

That's how it is, we get nervous, spend difficult days but I'm sure your result will be great and we'll have one more NED post. Forough

• Allochka
    Allochka Member Posts: 1,060 Member
    foroughsh said:

That's how it is, we get

That's how it is, we get nervous, spend difficult days but I'm sure your result will be great and we'll have one more NED post. Forough

Good luck!!! There were some

Good luck!!! There were some NEDs here in last couple of weeks. you will continue the good trend for sure!

• APny
    Allochka said:

Good luck!!! There were some

Good luck!!! There were some NEDs here in last couple of weeks. you will continue the good trend for sure!

Thank you everyone. As they

Thank you everyone. As they say, from your lips to God's ears.

• Jojo61
    Jojo61 Member Posts: 1,309 Member
    Good luck to you! Let us know

Good luck to you! Let us know what the results say (when you peek) and maybe we can decipher them together!

Hugs,

Jojo

• APny
    Jojo61 said:

Good luck to you! Let us know

Good luck to you! Let us know what the results say (when you peek) and maybe we can decipher them together!

Hugs,

Jojo

Thanks so much Jojo. That's

Thanks so much Jojo. That's exactly what I'll do. I just wish I was seeing my doc the same day; I hate the delay and will be so scared logging on to see what's there.

• foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member
    APny said:

Thanks so much Jojo. That's exactly what I'll do. I just wish I was seeing my doc the same day; I hate the delay and will be so scared logging on to see what's there.

Think positive

Leave no room for doubt APny.

• brea588
    brea588 Member Posts: 240
    APny said:

Apny

Seems a lot of us are having scans here soon.  Hope all goes will with your scans and NED is found!!  Positive thinking.!  I know I usually see my doc after scan is done, and it would make me more tense to have to wait.  But it is good it will be online for you to see.  I will be praying for you. 

• APny
    brea588 said:

Apny

Seems a lot of us are having scans here soon.  Hope all goes will with your scans and NED is found!!  Positive thinking.!  I know I usually see my doc after scan is done, and it would make me more tense to have to wait.  But it is good it will be online for you to see.  I will be praying for you. 

Thank you so much Fox and

Thank you so much Fox and Brea. You guys are the best. Fox, hope all is going well with you!

Brea, yes, I'd love to be able discuss with my doc but unfortunately he can't be there. I'm going to be scared $hitless looking online but know I won't be able resist it. I had a small, under 1 cm growth on my other kidney that showed up last scan and they said to monitor it. Keeping fingers crossed it's gone or is smaller, but not bigger.

• Allochka
    Allochka Member Posts: 1,060 Member
    APny said:

Thank you so much Fox and

Thank you so much Fox and Brea. You guys are the best. Fox, hope all is going well with you!

Brea, yes, I'd love to be able discuss with my doc but unfortunately he can't be there. I'm going to be scared $hitless looking online but know I won't be able resist it. I had a small, under 1 cm growth on my other kidney that showed up last scan and they said to monitor it. Keeping fingers crossed it's gone or is smaller, but not bigger.

When do you expect the

When do you expect the results to be online? Waiting is scary, I know..

• gingersnaps
    Allochka said:

When do you expect the

When do you expect the results to be online? Waiting is scary, I know..

waiting is hard

My son's scans were yesterday. I'm trying to get him to call today. It's so hard waiting. Hope you get news soon.

• APny

waiting is hard

My son's scans were yesterday. I'm trying to get him to call today. It's so hard waiting. Hope you get news soon.

The ultrasound lady told me

The ultrasound lady told me they wouldn't let me leave if there was serious concern. Since they let me leave, I'm cautiously optimistic that everything was ok. Still sweating the chest x-ray but keeping my fingers crossed for good results all around. I would imagine they'll post results in a day or two.

Gingersnaps, hope scans are back and all it well. Yes, the waiting is awful. I actually started to cry during the US from all the stress. Which at this rate will probably get me first, lol.

• gingersnaps
    APny said:

The ultrasound lady told me

The ultrasound lady told me they wouldn't let me leave if there was serious concern. Since they let me leave, I'm cautiously optimistic that everything was ok. Still sweating the chest x-ray but keeping my fingers crossed for good results all around. I would imagine they'll post results in a day or two.

Gingersnaps, hope scans are back and all it well. Yes, the waiting is awful. I actually started to cry during the US from all the stress. Which at this rate will probably get me first, lol.

No news. My son called buy

No news. My son called buy nurse said the Dr. didn't look at the results yet. Maybe tonight after hours. My son is working so he probably won't know anything tonight. 

• APny

No news. My son called buy

No news. My son called buy nurse said the Dr. didn't look at the results yet. Maybe tonight after hours. My son is working so he probably won't know anything tonight. 

Keeping my fingers crossed

Keeping my fingers crossed for you. Let us know as soon as you hear!

• aamdsi
    aamdsi Member Posts: 284
    APny said:

Keeping my fingers crossed

Keeping my fingers crossed for you. Let us know as soon as you hear!

all crossed!

Fingers, toes, eyes, T's  everything crossed for good news 8-)

Hopefully you will raise your voice to a Happy NED cheer

Laurie

• APny
    aamdsi said:

all crossed!

Fingers, toes, eyes, T's  everything crossed for good news 8-)

Hopefully you will raise your voice to a Happy NED cheer

Laurie

Everything came back clear.

Everything came back clear. There's a subcentimeter lesion on the same kidney they operated on that they'll continue to monitor but they think it was there previously. I'll have to discuss it with my onc/surgeon when I see him next week. But otherwise no recurrence and chest x-ray is clear as well. Whew.

• icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,361 Member
    APny said:

Everything came back clear.

Everything came back clear. There's a subcentimeter lesion on the same kidney they operated on that they'll continue to monitor but they think it was there previously. I'll have to discuss it with my onc/surgeon when I see him next week. But otherwise no recurrence and chest x-ray is clear as well. Whew.

Piece of cake

APny,

Now that the scan is over with, there was nothing to worry about anyway.

Icemantoo