Nanab passed away

Yolllmbs
Yolllmbs Member Posts: 360 Member
edited February 2015 in Colorectal Cancer #1

Unfortunately, NanaB is no longer with us. It's sad. Rachel had such a presence. She was a fighter!  Her imput on the board as well as our personal conversations will be greatly missed.  i had hoped to meet her in person, but it didn't work out.  It's so hard to digest.  She will be greatly missed.

Yolanda

Comments

• Fight for my love
    Fight for my love Member Posts: 1,522 Member
    very very sad. My heart is so

very very sad. My heart is so heavy. My heart goes out with her family. It is too bad to lose another friend. life sometimes is so bad.

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    NO!

I don't want to believe this. It can't be. 

How did you find out? I just looked at her FB page, but no mention on there. No, of course I believe you. I just DON'T WANT TO. 

OK! I do see it on the other FB page. 

I can't believe it. I just can't believe it.

Sue - Trubrit

• Fight for my love
    Fight for my love Member Posts: 1,522 Member
    Trubrit said:

NO!

I don't want to believe this. It can't be. 

How did you find out? I just looked at her FB page, but no mention on there. No, of course I believe you. I just DON'T WANT TO. 

OK! I do see it on the other FB page. 

I can't believe it. I just can't believe it.

Sue - Trubrit

I can't believe it either. It

I can't believe it either. It was so coincidental that I just refreshed the page and saw this post. I felt my hair was standing up.

• lilacbrroller
    lilacbrroller Member Posts: 412 Member

I can't believe it either. It

I can't believe it either. It was so coincidental that I just refreshed the page and saw this post. I felt my hair was standing up.

Dammit!

Ugh. dammit. I'm so upset. that is too bad. I'll miss her recommendations for healthy eating and drinking.  I'm glad she got to go to Gerson though because it's what she wanted, and what she believed in.

my sympathies to her family

Karin

• Cathleen Mary
    Cathleen Mary Member Posts: 827 Member

Dammit!

Ugh. dammit. I'm so upset. that is too bad. I'll miss her recommendations for healthy eating and drinking.  I'm glad she got to go to Gerson though because it's what she wanted, and what she believed in.

my sympathies to her family

Karin

Oh, this is hard. So sad. My

Oh, this is hard. So sad. My heart and prayer is with her family....and with all she touched here on this forum. May the amazing woman she was always be a consolation to her family.

Hugs,

CM

• jen2012
    jen2012 Member Posts: 1,607 Member
    This is so sad.  Ugh I hate

This is so sad.  Ugh I hate cancer, just not fair.    

• hippiechicks
    hippiechicks Member Posts: 509 Member
    Sending my deepest

Sending my deepest condolences to NanaB's family ... my heart stopped when I read this .. literally skipped some beats.  This news really shook me tonight. Such a beautiful lady with so much to share.  A true inspiration for healthy eating and positive, upbeat thinking.  Truely amazing woman. 

NanaB will be missed ... Cry

RIP NanaB

• LivinginNH
    LivinginNH Member Posts: 1,456 Member
    :(

Oh dear, my stomach simply dropped out when saw this post.  My deepest condolences to Rachel's friends and family.  She was an inspiration to many here and will definately be missed by her virtual family on this board.

With sympathy,

Cynthia

• Holdtight
    Holdtight Member Posts: 151
    Oh I can't believe it - she

Oh I can't believe it - she was such a great warrior 

For so long - helping so many of us - she fought the great fight against theugly beast

and she beat the crap out of it for a long time-- but when god smiles big it's peacetime -

May she rest in peace - she was awesome loved her!

• Easyflip
    Easyflip Member Posts: 588 Member
    Tearing up and

feeling an ache in my heart. She was one of my first cyber friends when I came onto the board. I also knew her through Facebook. Peace to her and her family, I knew she was loved and went surrounded by love. I'll miss her. Yeah, I hate cancer.

Easyflip/Richard

• impactzone
    impactzone Member Posts: 551 Member
    So sorry. Its both a good

So sorry. Its both a good thing to be on this board for a long time ( 8 years) and a sad thing. The losses mount and it just hurts. All my best to those who knew her better, who helped and loved her.

Chip

• Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    May her light forever shine

Another person who gave of themselves here on the board to help others is now gone.

Let us honor her and those who have passed before her by helping each other and those who may yet need to find their way here.

Rest in peace dear Rachel.  Prayers for those left behind who loved her.

Marie who loves kitties

• tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    SAD

Still trying to process this from reading it on facebook. She was a real sweetheart.

*hugs*

Gail

• christinecarl
    christinecarl Member Posts: 543 Member
    So sad

I hardly know what to say about this.  I will miss her.  I had heard on Monday that she was not doing well, I just had to lay down and cry.  I just feel numb by all the loss.  It is so unreal.

• Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Rachel

I am broken hearted that our dearest Rachel has passed on.  I have loved her and her beautiful spirit for many year.  Rachel, you were a gift to us and a gift especially to your incredible family.  You will be unbelievably missed but you will never be forgotten.  Into peace my friend.

Aloha,

Kathleen

• ron50
    ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member

So sorry. Its both a good

So sorry. Its both a good thing to be on this board for a long time ( 8 years) and a sad thing. The losses mount and it just hurts. All my best to those who knew her better, who helped and loved her.

Chip

Amen to that Chip

With each loss a little bit of us goes as well. Over many years it takes a real chunk out of our hearts. I just read and accept now , what else can we do but support and mourn. Ron.

• Semira
    Semira Member Posts: 381 Member
    Sigh

So damn sad news. She was really special and will be missed

• KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    sigh.....

Another tucked safely in my heart....

Hugs, Kathi

• geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    So Sad:

Rachael now flys with the Angels.  Rest in peace dear one. 

Hugs - Tina

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    When I met NanaB

Here I am with Nana.  Nana is the beauty with the lovely short grey hair. 

She was fun, strong, loved her family, loved her friends. What a privilige it was to have met her, though I confess, it makes the loss even harder. 

Love you, NanaB - Rachel.