Adrenalectomy

todd121
todd121 Member Posts: 1,448 Member

Has anyone here had to go back in to have their adrenal gland removed? What were the options? What did you decide and how did it go?

Thanks,

Todd

Comments

• foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member

of Tex. If he saw your picture, he would have asked which one in the picture is you. He'd ask if your dog cut his hair to be more like you. Never quite letting anyone know if he was pulling your leg. Thanks for the flash back Todd.

I imagine there could be several reasons to remove an adrenal gland, at any time. But I know there have been many people here who have had their adrenal gland removed.

• Srashedb
    Srashedb Member Posts: 482 Member
    Adrenal gland

Todd:

my husband's adrenal gland was removed as part of the radical nephrectomy and, he has had zero effects from its removal.

His adrenal gland had no cancer.

if you don't remove it, won't you have cancer in your body? My way of asking: do you have a choice?

Sarah

• Jojo61
    Jojo61 Member Posts: 1,309 Member
    Srashedb said:

Adrenal gland

Todd:

my husband's adrenal gland was removed as part of the radical nephrectomy and, he has had zero effects from its removal.

if you don't remove it, won't you have cancer in your body? My way of asking: do you have a choice?

Sarah

Hi Todd,
    Are you having

Hi Todd,

Are you having second thoughts or just trying to get more info. I know you like to be fully informed on all counts...

Nice pic, by the way. Nice to put a face to a name. :)

Hugs

Jojo

• todd121
    foxhd said:

of Tex. If he saw your picture, he would have asked which one in the picture is you. He'd ask if your dog cut his hair to be more like you. Never quite letting anyone know if he was pulling your leg. Thanks for the flash back Todd.

I imagine there could be several reasons to remove an adrenal gland, at any time. But I know there have been many people here who have had their adrenal gland removed.

Funny

He would. By the way, that's not a dog, that's my wife! I mean, that's a seal! Lol. It's a seal. That picture was taken in downtown Portland Oregon. I'm sitting next to one of the bronze seals.

http://www.ehabweb.net/?attachment_id=10458

Yeah, well. They are going to remove it. Monday now. It got moved up. After losing a kidney, losing a wimpy little adrenal gland is nothing. I'm sure I'll shake it off in a few days.

Todd

• Limelife50
    Limelife50 Member Posts: 476
    For me

I have 1 adrenal gland and am getting ready to work out for a couple of hours, but if i had two of them and one of them had cancer i would get it out.Then again everyones situation is unique to that person

• todd121
    Srashedb said:

Adrenal gland

Todd:

Sarah

No choice

Really don't have a choice. You're correct. Well, they won't really know if it has cancer in it till they get it out (where have I heard that before?).

I'm just second guessing myself. Decision is made. It's coming out.

Todd

• todd121
    Jojo61 said:

Hi Todd,
    Are you having

Hi Todd,

Are you having second thoughts or just trying to get more info. I know you like to be fully informed on all counts...

Nice pic, by the way. Nice to put a face to a name. :)

Hugs

Jojo

Just being OCD

Well, the O part. It's what I do. Lol. At some point, I just have to trust the doctors. They say take it out to be safe. Nobody seems to want to screw around with this stuff if it can be removed with any probability of me being ok without it. So out it comes.

Thanks Jojo! I've been meaning to put a pic up for awhile.

Todd

• angec
    angec Member Posts: 924 Member
    todd121 said:

Just being OCD

Well, the O part. It's what I do. Lol. At some point, I just have to trust the doctors. They say take it out to be safe. Nobody seems to want to screw around with this stuff if it can be removed with any probability of me being ok without it. So out it comes.

Thanks Jojo! I've been meaning to put a pic up for awhile.

Todd

By the way, love the seal!

• foroughsh
    foroughsh Member Posts: 779 Member

Todd, verrry nice

Todd, verrry nice photo,mine was also removed during nephrectomy,and turned out to be non cancerous, so far so good.

• todd121
    angec said:

Thanks!

I thought he was a cute little guy.

Todd

• a_oaklee
    a_oaklee Member Posts: 566 Member
    todd121 said:

Funny

He would. By the way, that's not a dog, that's my wife! I mean, that's a seal! Lol. It's a seal. That picture was taken in downtown Portland Oregon. I'm sitting next to one of the bronze seals.

http://www.ehabweb.net/?attachment_id=10458

Yeah, well. They are going to remove it. Monday now. It got moved up. After losing a kidney, losing a wimpy little adrenal gland is nothing. I'm sure I'll shake it off in a few days.

Todd

Hi Todd,  
    I haven't been on

Hi Todd,  

I haven't been on csn for awhile and I'm real sorry to hear that there is something suspicious in regards to your adrenal gland.  If I had something like that going on, I would have it removed.  Why worry about it?  Better to check it out.  My husband had one of his adrenal glands removed.  A couple years postoperative one of the team of docs decided to check his cortisol level to see if it was low and perhaps contributing to him feeling nauseated and tired.  His level was very low and he now takes cortisone.  Feels better.  Seems kind of strange that no one thought to check the hormone levels earlier.

anyway, good luck to you.  Nice picture.

Annie

• todd121
    a_oaklee said:

Hi Todd,  
    I haven't been on

Hi Todd,  

I haven't been on csn for awhile and I'm real sorry to hear that there is something suspicious in regards to your adrenal gland.  If I had something like that going on, I would have it removed.  Why worry about it?  Better to check it out.  My husband had one of his adrenal glands removed.  A couple years postoperative one of the team of docs decided to check his cortisol level to see if it was low and perhaps contributing to him feeling nauseated and tired.  His level was very low and he now takes cortisone.  Feels better.  Seems kind of strange that no one thought to check the hormone levels earlier.

anyway, good luck to you.  Nice picture.

Annie

Adrenal

I've been feeling nauseated and tired. I wonder if the gland is even working. Thanks for mentioning that. I will remember to ask them to check it out. You would think they would check that.

Best wishes,

Todd

• Danny13
    Danny13 Member Posts: 2
    Adrenal

hi todd, I had my rt adrenal removed in 07 along with kidney. In 2012 I had the left one removed. Cancer had metastasized there. Since, I have to take 25mg of hydrocort daily. Not a big deal but is a pain in the **** to take more meds. Surgery was done laparoscopic on second one, only took 4 daus to recover. Good luck!