Darn Labs..it's MMMT

Hello All. 

I was just diagnosed with MMMT plus another stupid but less aggressive uterine cancer from my November 6th hysterectomy due to bleeding and other crappy stuff.   My delightfully cute gynocological oncologist is setting up my chemo treatment as I type this and will find out what that is all about on my Dec 4th appoinment.  But, I would imagine it will be pretty similar to what has been discribed in this forum. 

I am 61 years old and will turn 62 in early Feb and at stage 1a.  Having bouts of major depression right now but also trying to hold off total mental collapse until I see Dr. Cutie again.  I have a pretty odd perspecitve on things as I am also a paranormal investigator and have been over the last 20-years.  But, it appears that I need to start looking to the living for my support and how best to handle the mental aspect to this disease.  So, here I am. Introducing myself to you all and hope to have many years of being helped and helping others on this road. 

Debbie Shapiro

Comments

• txtrisha55
    txtrisha55 Member Posts: 693 Member
    Welcome.  I too have the mmmt

Welcome.  I too have the mmmt cancer. 3 years no evidence od disease or NED.  I was stage 3c1. That one lymph node did me in. So far so good. Interesting job you have. Stage 1 is good. Stay of the regular internet as much of it is outdated information. Remember you are your own advocate and a static of one. Each person  is different as is each persons treatment and their reaction to treatment. There is a lot of information and advice on this site and I am zure lots more will chime in soon. Trish

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,353 Member
    Debbie, I am sorry you have

Debbie, I am sorry you have had to find this forum but Trish is right, you will find a lot of information here and may want to try to do a search to find some of the previous information.  This is a great place to ask questions, laugh, cry, vent....

I had no idea what to expect from anything and didn't find this site until late in my treatment.  It is pretty much the only place I would tell someone to go for support. 

There are a great bunch of women here - and on all the gynecological cancer boards.  

• dshapiro
    dshapiro Member Posts: 28

Welcome.  I too have the mmmt

Welcome.  I too have the mmmt cancer. 3 years no evidence od disease or NED.  I was stage 3c1. That one lymph node did me in. So far so good. Interesting job you have. Stage 1 is good. Stay of the regular internet as much of it is outdated information. Remember you are your own advocate and a static of one. Each person  is different as is each persons treatment and their reaction to treatment. There is a lot of information and advice on this site and I am zure lots more will chime in soon. Trish

Thank you, txtrisha for your

Thank you, txtrisha for your welcome and so good hear you are doing so well.  Does give one hope as do many others on this site.  I've been gleening so much information and you are correct, everyone is different, as is their individual reaction to treatments.  I think I may be lucky entering this whole thing at stage 1a but it is obvioulsy going to be one of those things I'll have to deal with daily for the remainder of my life.  

I will be looking into ways to control the chemo effects to my body but this site has offered some excellent information I can go over with my Doc on Dec 4th. 

Thank you for being here and for you tremendous help. 

Debbie

• dshapiro

Debbie, I am sorry you have

Debbie, I am sorry you have had to find this forum but Trish is right, you will find a lot of information here and may want to try to do a search to find some of the previous information.  This is a great place to ask questions, laugh, cry, vent....

I had no idea what to expect from anything and didn't find this site until late in my treatment.  It is pretty much the only place I would tell someone to go for support. 

There are a great bunch of women here - and on all the gynecological cancer boards.  

Thanks, NoTimeForCancer and

Thanks, NoTimeForCancer and yes, I too am sorry to meet people here on this forum but thank God you are all here to help us newbies. I know I will gain much needed strength and support here which will hopefully make things a bit less scarey for me and my family and I truly do hope I will become one of the long time discussion board memebers who can help others as time goes on. 

Debbie

• KayBB
    KayBB Member Posts: 15
    Welcome I just found out I have MMMT

Hey Debbie,  Just had my hyterectomy on Oct 27th.  I had three lymph nodes removed, two with MMMT cells and a growth on the other.  I have stage 3a I am 62 and mentally a wreck in the beginning.    I have to stay into the day.  I am a very spiritual person.  I read and meditate.  When I came on the web site I was told not to research and they are correct.  Stay positive and I have to stay busy.  I have a great support group of women that when I need to vent, I vent as you may do on this web site.  You are not alone, we can fight this together and I choice today to fight, live, love and be happy.  Hope you can find peace during this difficult time.  I had fear about the treatments but I have had one round of chemo and really have done well with it.  I come each morning on the site before I start my day, it gives me hope and the fear goes away when I read each lady share. 

Kay Babcock

• dshapiro
    KayBB said:

Welcome I just found out I have MMMT

Hey Debbie,  Just had my hyterectomy on Oct 27th.  I had three lymph nodes removed, two with MMMT cells and a growth on the other.  I have stage 3a I am 62 and mentally a wreck in the beginning.    I have to stay into the day.  I am a very spiritual person.  I read and meditate.  When I came on the web site I was told not to research and they are correct.  Stay positive and I have to stay busy.  I have a great support group of women that when I need to vent, I vent as you may do on this web site.  You are not alone, we can fight this together and I choice today to fight, live, love and be happy.  Hope you can find peace during this difficult time.  I had fear about the treatments but I have had one round of chemo and really have done well with it.  I come each morning on the site before I start my day, it gives me hope and the fear goes away when I read each lady share. 

Kay Babcock

Thank you, Kay, for your

Thank you, Kay, for your great words and guiding me towards where I need to be in my mental status.  Hard to achieve but I have to achieve it somehow.  

I do have a question for everyone whose progress on this site have the benefit of experience.  Since my mind keeps wanting to grind to a halt I'm looking for what questions I should be asking my physician when I see him again on Dec 4th.  Exactly what questions should I be asking him?  I have a few already like "why did you not remove any lymph nodes?"..."Why are you are not doing any radiation between chemo?"...But, so far, that's all I have.  Any other suggestions?

Thanks, folks!

Debbie

• joannewtta
    joannewtta Member Posts: 43
    dshapiro said:

Thank you, Kay, for your

Thank you, Kay, for your great words and guiding me towards where I need to be in my mental status.  Hard to achieve but I have to achieve it somehow.  

I do have a question for everyone whose progress on this site have the benefit of experience.  Since my mind keeps wanting to grind to a halt I'm looking for what questions I should be asking my physician when I see him again on Dec 4th.  Exactly what questions should I be asking him?  I have a few already like "why did you not remove any lymph nodes?"..."Why are you are not doing any radiation between chemo?"...But, so far, that's all I have.  Any other suggestions?

Thanks, folks!

Debbie

Different protocols for different doctors

My treatment was carboplatin and paclitaxol given weekly with a one week break after three treatments. The first week was carbo and taxol and weeks 2 and 3 was just taxol. Dr said that success rate was just fractionally better with this treatment. I would have one week off and then start again. I had 18 chemos which is the equlivent of 6 founds every three weeks. I had a newlasta shot at the end of each cycle because my white cells would tank so bad and then had two blood transfusions during the whole thing. Had a month off after chemand then three brachytherapy (sp).

My cascer was UPSC stage 3C. One bad pelvic lymp node. I'm nine montths NED and feel good. 

Stick with this site, there are some wonderful women out there with great advise. At this point you just need to keep informed and deal with each stage as it comes. I am a control freak and usually want the complete plan laid out. This time I only wanted to know the next stage of treatment and then learn about it. It's more doable than you think going into it. I keep the same holiday traditions as Ive' done every year just let family help me a lot more. Don't forget to ask for help; that is the hardest part but next year you can "play it forward". Little did I know how soon I would be doing that. My daughter was just diagnosed with breast cancer and is having a double masectomy Dec. 8. I'm 69 (67 at dianosis 6/13 and she is 43. NOw living with us; also 17 and 18 year old grandchildren. My husband was dx with kidney cancer(dx one month before me). He had right kidney removed and small tumor on other kidney we are just watching. I'm just telling you this to say we are so much stronger than we know we are. I have to say however, that one more cancer in the family at his time would put me over the edge. :)

Write down questions, there are no stupid questions when it comes to cancer. My clinic held a group session about everythingyou needed to know about chemo. That was great. Ask if you clinic or hospital has anything like that. Put my family at ease somewhat.

Take care and make sure you keep posting. We'll alll be here. Been there, done that, and would love to help.

Joanne - Vancouver, WA

• It happened to Me
    It happened to Me Member Posts: 206 Member
    Possible Questions

Welcome Debbie,   I was dx with UPSC in June, 2013, Total hysterectomy July, 2013 and 6 rds of Chemo. (taxel/carbo) beginning in Aug. 2013.  The doctor I had was very thorough and I didn't really have to ask any questions except, "when do we start?"   Some of the questions I've learned to ask, was a pelvic wash done and what was the outcome, how much experience have you had with this kind of cancer, will I lose my hair, what is the % of survival with and without treatment with current statistics, what are some of the possible side effects with treatment, what is the % of recurrence.  What is my CA125 and is it a good marker for me, if you haven't had surgery, ask when you can have surgery (if you want it), what they will take in surgery, will they use DaVinci or cut you open, ask how many surgeries Dr. Cutie has performed.

On the % questions, if you don't want to know, don't ask.  My doctor told me that I had a 50/50 chance of it recurring within 5 years.  I choose to be on the 50% that don't get a recurrence  :)   

If you don't feel comfortable with the answers or lack of answers, get a 2nd or 3rd or more opinions.  Make sure that where ever you get this done at is a cancer facility with the best doctors.  These rare kinds of cancers need to be dealt with at reputable hospitals that deal with them all the time.   That is my opinion only.

Stay as healthy as you can and get as much rest as you can, before, during and after.  You have alot on your plate with your daughter and husband with cancer too.  Ask for help from family, friends, church, employers and contact ACS for other resources that may be available in your area.

I am 10 months NED (No Evidence of Disease).  I've changed my lifestyle somewhat to give my body enough ammunition to keep the cancer from getting out of control.  That being, reduce stress, stay away from as much refined sugar as possible, exercise, stay positive, enjoy each day and find something to be thankful for each day.  Focus only on the next appointment and don't use the "what if's".

You are a woman and you are strong.  We are women, hear us roar.  Take care Debbie.    Use this board often.  We are here for you.   I know the other ladies will have more questions that you can ask.

Jeanette

• NoTimeForCancer
    dshapiro said:

Thank you, Kay, for your

Thanks, folks!

Debbie

Debbie, if I may make a

Debbie, if I may make a suggestion:

DIAGNOSIS

Precisely what type of cancer do I have?Where exactly is it located?What diagnostic tests have you performed? What further tests are necessary?What information will these tests tell us?Where do I need to go to have these tests?When will I get the results? How will the results be communicated to me?Will you explain, in patient-friendly language, the pathology report to me?If I seek a second opinion, will I have to repeat any tests or procedures?

STAGING

What is the stage of my cancer? In patient-freindly language, what does this mean?Has cancer spread to my lymph nodes or anywhere else?How is staging used to determine my cancer treatments?

TREATMENT

What are my treatment options?Which treatments, or combination of treatments, do you recommend? Why?What is the goal of the treatments plan you are recommending?Who will be part of my treatment team? What does each member do?How much experience do you and the treatment team have treating this type of cancer?Will I need to be hospitalized for treatment or is this treatment done in an outpatient setting?What is the expected timeline for my treatment plan?How will this treatment affect my daily life? Will I be able to work, exercise, and perform my usual activities?What are the short-term side effects of this cancer treatment?What long-term side effects may be associated with this cancer treatment? Whom should I call with questions or concerns during non-business hours?Is nutritional advice given on what to eat to help in recovery from surgery or treatment?

You have to LOVE YOUR DOCTOR! You are putting your life in their hands and it is YOUR LIFE! You are the consumer here. Start a note book with everything you ask or they say. If possible to take someone with you ask them to sit there and write everything down - that is their job and you get to see if this is the doctor you want. Don't hesitate to ask for a second opinion. It is all overwhelming. The day I found out I went to a woman I work with who had Triple negative breast cancer and asked her "How do you wrap your head around it?" and the wise words from this angel, "You don't. Not today." That takes time and you will get there. Hope this is of some help.

• pinky104
    pinky104 Member Posts: 574 Member
    Chemo

Don't sweat the chemo too much.  For me, it wasn't nearly as bad as I'd expected from what I'd heard and read about it.  My oncologist ordered a drug called Emend that I took in the days prior to chemo and when I started each round of chemo.  I had absolutely no nausea or vomiting because of that drug.  I lost my hair about 10 or 11 days from my first chemo, which was the most upsetting thing for me.  During chemo, the nurses started off putting two or three other meds in my IV to prevent an allergic reaction.  One was Benadryl, and I don't recall the others.  For about half an hour after that, I felt like I had been drinking alcohol.  I had a nice little "high" feeling.  The rest of the chemo process was uneventful.  It took somewhere around 5 hours or 5 and a half hours, so bring a good book, or watch TV if they have one where you're going.  A week or so into chemo, I got a few sores in my mouth.  I was given a liquid to rinse my mouth with, and I only had the sores for a few days.  About halfway through my six rounds of chemo, I started feeling very dragged out and short of breath when I walked through stores.  I refused the Neulasta shot and got a tranfusion instead.  I refused Neulasta because it had a risk of heart attacks, and my younger brother had suddenly dropped dead the week before of one. I later found out I had hemochromatosis, so he probably had the same bad genes for that as I did.  I did lose my appetite slightly from the chemo, but I forced myself to eat. Those were my only problems with chemo during it.  Afterwards, my feet got very numb, and a couple of years later, I got short stabbing pains in my toes. I tried accupuncture but it did nothing for me.  I tried Lyrica, but that didn't work, either.  Now, I just live with them.  I'm four and a half years out from surgery with stage IVb UPSC.  I had nothing to kill off the cancer except for chemo.  I did fine until this year.  Now I have a pea-sized mass that's being watched, and when it grows large enough for my gyn/onc to find in surgery, he will remove it.  I have to go back on 12/8.  I wouldn't be surprised if the mass is nothing, as I have almost no symptoms, just a few occasional pains which could be anything.  The mass could be a fluid collection from having had lymph node removal. I hope that's all it is.

When I first talked to my oncologist, I asked him about survival rates.  He told me he doesn't like to discuss them.  He said that if a cancer has a 90% survival rate but you happen to be in the other 10%, those high survival rates won't do you any good.  He had a point there.  You might want to ask how often you will have to have labwork done. I had mine done weekly during chemo.  It was a bit of a pain to go that often, but it did help the oncologist diagnose my anemia that was caused by chemotherapy and order my blood transfusion. I've heard some oncologists order labs biweekly.  I had questions about whether I would be on disability or if I would be required to keep working during it all.  My oncologist eventually gave me 6 months off, which was great.  I didn't want to work during it.  The stress from my job would have put me over the top.  I imagine your job is pretty interesting.  I've had some experiences myself which have made me believe we have a connection to the spirit world.  For example, one time my first husband had gone to visit his parents and had taken along our Old English sheepdog.  I had a very dark feeling come over me about 4:30 that day, and I could tell that something was wrong, but I didn't know what.  It turned out the dog had been hit by a car just at that time. I guess I was a little bit psychic that day.  Anyway, I wish you luck in your treatment, and hope it all goes well for you.  

• It happened to Me
    It happened to Me Member Posts: 206 Member

Debbie, if I may make a

DIAGNOSIS

Precisely what type of cancer do I have?Where exactly is it located?What diagnostic tests have you performed? What further tests are necessary?What information will these tests tell us?Where do I need to go to have these tests?When will I get the results? How will the results be communicated to me?Will you explain, in patient-friendly language, the pathology report to me?If I seek a second opinion, will I have to repeat any tests or procedures?

STAGING

What is the stage of my cancer? In patient-freindly language, what does this mean?Has cancer spread to my lymph nodes or anywhere else?How is staging used to determine my cancer treatments?

TREATMENT

What are my treatment options?Which treatments, or combination of treatments, do you recommend? Why?What is the goal of the treatments plan you are recommending?Who will be part of my treatment team? What does each member do?How much experience do you and the treatment team have treating this type of cancer?Will I need to be hospitalized for treatment or is this treatment done in an outpatient setting?What is the expected timeline for my treatment plan?How will this treatment affect my daily life? Will I be able to work, exercise, and perform my usual activities?What are the short-term side effects of this cancer treatment?What long-term side effects may be associated with this cancer treatment? Whom should I call with questions or concerns during non-business hours?Is nutritional advice given on what to eat to help in recovery from surgery or treatment?

You have to LOVE YOUR DOCTOR! You are putting your life in their hands and it is YOUR LIFE! You are the consumer here. Start a note book with everything you ask or they say. If possible to take someone with you ask them to sit there and write everything down - that is their job and you get to see if this is the doctor you want. Don't hesitate to ask for a second opinion. It is all overwhelming. The day I found out I went to a woman I work with who had Triple negative breast cancer and asked her "How do you wrap your head around it?" and the wise words from this angel, "You don't. Not today." That takes time and you will get there. Hope this is of some help.

Wow

Well said.   Very well said.  Thank you.

• dshapiro

Different protocols for different doctors

My treatment was carboplatin and paclitaxol given weekly with a one week break after three treatments. The first week was carbo and taxol and weeks 2 and 3 was just taxol. Dr said that success rate was just fractionally better with this treatment. I would have one week off and then start again. I had 18 chemos which is the equlivent of 6 founds every three weeks. I had a newlasta shot at the end of each cycle because my white cells would tank so bad and then had two blood transfusions during the whole thing. Had a month off after chemand then three brachytherapy (sp).

My cascer was UPSC stage 3C. One bad pelvic lymp node. I'm nine montths NED and feel good. 

Stick with this site, there are some wonderful women out there with great advise. At this point you just need to keep informed and deal with each stage as it comes. I am a control freak and usually want the complete plan laid out. This time I only wanted to know the next stage of treatment and then learn about it. It's more doable than you think going into it. I keep the same holiday traditions as Ive' done every year just let family help me a lot more. Don't forget to ask for help; that is the hardest part but next year you can "play it forward". Little did I know how soon I would be doing that. My daughter was just diagnosed with breast cancer and is having a double masectomy Dec. 8. I'm 69 (67 at dianosis 6/13 and she is 43. NOw living with us; also 17 and 18 year old grandchildren. My husband was dx with kidney cancer(dx one month before me). He had right kidney removed and small tumor on other kidney we are just watching. I'm just telling you this to say we are so much stronger than we know we are. I have to say however, that one more cancer in the family at his time would put me over the edge. :)

Write down questions, there are no stupid questions when it comes to cancer. My clinic held a group session about everythingyou needed to know about chemo. That was great. Ask if you clinic or hospital has anything like that. Put my family at ease somewhat.

Take care and make sure you keep posting. We'll alll be here. Been there, done that, and would love to help.

Joanne - Vancouver, WA

Thank you so much, Joanne.

Thank you so much, Joanne.  So much info to take in and I truly appriciate everyone's input. 

Debbie

• dshapiro

Debbie, if I may make a

DIAGNOSIS

STAGING

TREATMENT

"you don't, not today"...I

"you don't, not today"...I love that and some great things to add to the list for my first visit after surgery.  I thank you for you input and look forward to getting to know more from you all.  

Debbie

• dshapiro
    pinky104 said:

Chemo

Don't sweat the chemo too much.  For me, it wasn't nearly as bad as I'd expected from what I'd heard and read about it.  My oncologist ordered a drug called Emend that I took in the days prior to chemo and when I started each round of chemo.  I had absolutely no nausea or vomiting because of that drug.  I lost my hair about 10 or 11 days from my first chemo, which was the most upsetting thing for me.  During chemo, the nurses started off putting two or three other meds in my IV to prevent an allergic reaction.  One was Benadryl, and I don't recall the others.  For about half an hour after that, I felt like I had been drinking alcohol.  I had a nice little "high" feeling.  The rest of the chemo process was uneventful.  It took somewhere around 5 hours or 5 and a half hours, so bring a good book, or watch TV if they have one where you're going.  A week or so into chemo, I got a few sores in my mouth.  I was given a liquid to rinse my mouth with, and I only had the sores for a few days.  About halfway through my six rounds of chemo, I started feeling very dragged out and short of breath when I walked through stores.  I refused the Neulasta shot and got a tranfusion instead.  I refused Neulasta because it had a risk of heart attacks, and my younger brother had suddenly dropped dead the week before of one. I later found out I had hemochromatosis, so he probably had the same bad genes for that as I did.  I did lose my appetite slightly from the chemo, but I forced myself to eat. Those were my only problems with chemo during it.  Afterwards, my feet got very numb, and a couple of years later, I got short stabbing pains in my toes. I tried accupuncture but it did nothing for me.  I tried Lyrica, but that didn't work, either.  Now, I just live with them.  I'm four and a half years out from surgery with stage IVb UPSC.  I had nothing to kill off the cancer except for chemo.  I did fine until this year.  Now I have a pea-sized mass that's being watched, and when it grows large enough for my gyn/onc to find in surgery, he will remove it.  I have to go back on 12/8.  I wouldn't be surprised if the mass is nothing, as I have almost no symptoms, just a few occasional pains which could be anything.  The mass could be a fluid collection from having had lymph node removal. I hope that's all it is.

When I first talked to my oncologist, I asked him about survival rates.  He told me he doesn't like to discuss them.  He said that if a cancer has a 90% survival rate but you happen to be in the other 10%, those high survival rates won't do you any good.  He had a point there.  You might want to ask how often you will have to have labwork done. I had mine done weekly during chemo.  It was a bit of a pain to go that often, but it did help the oncologist diagnose my anemia that was caused by chemotherapy and order my blood transfusion. I've heard some oncologists order labs biweekly.  I had questions about whether I would be on disability or if I would be required to keep working during it all.  My oncologist eventually gave me 6 months off, which was great.  I didn't want to work during it.  The stress from my job would have put me over the top.  I imagine your job is pretty interesting.  I've had some experiences myself which have made me believe we have a connection to the spirit world.  For example, one time my first husband had gone to visit his parents and had taken along our Old English sheepdog.  I had a very dark feeling come over me about 4:30 that day, and I could tell that something was wrong, but I didn't know what.  It turned out the dog had been hit by a car just at that time. I guess I was a little bit psychic that day.  Anyway, I wish you luck in your treatment, and hope it all goes well for you.  

Yes, working the paranormal

Yes, working the paranormal is a real eye opener, and perhaps a soul opener as well.  I'd be happy to discuss your experiences with you at any time.  I'm usually the one everyone wants around their camp fires. I have the best ghost stories and mine are all true. 

I do appreciate your support and to hear all the different ways and means to this diagnosis.  Feel like I'm loaded for bear and can start moving forward again.  

Thank you All! I'm sure I will have more to discuss and question soon. 

Debbie

• Abbycat2
    Abbycat2 Member Posts: 644 Member
    dshapiro said:

Yes, working the paranormal

Yes, working the paranormal is a real eye opener, and perhaps a soul opener as well.  I'd be happy to discuss your experiences with you at any time.  I'm usually the one everyone wants around their camp fires. I have the best ghost stories and mine are all true. 

I do appreciate your support and to hear all the different ways and means to this diagnosis.  Feel like I'm loaded for bear and can start moving forward again.  

Thank you All! I'm sure I will have more to discuss and question soon. 

Debbie

What an interesting job you have, Debbie

I would love to hear more about it. I have had my share of experiences with the paranormal. When I was in grad school in Illinois, I saw a psychic who was well-known and worked often with the police. She surprised me by telling me almost immediately that I had psychic ability. I have had a lifetime of unexplained experiences. For example, I was sitting with 3 friends at a counter when suddenly a salt shaker started to move without human contact across the counter towards me. I thought my friend Bob was pulling some kind of prank on us, but he was as startled as the rest of us. Another time, several days after my dog died, my friend and I were jogging and suddenly I heard Ralphie behind us, his dog tags jingling. When I turned to look, there was nothing-no dog- following us, and my friend asked me if I heard something, too. Well, it turned out that we both heard a dog jogging about 20 feet behind us! These odd experiences used to frighten me, but not anymore. What exactly do you do, research perhaps?

Cathy

• dshapiro
    Abbycat2 said:

What an interesting job you have, Debbie

I would love to hear more about it. I have had my share of experiences with the paranormal. When I was in grad school in Illinois, I saw a psychic who was well-known and worked often with the police. She surprised me by telling me almost immediately that I had psychic ability. I have had a lifetime of unexplained experiences. For example, I was sitting with 3 friends at a counter when suddenly a salt shaker started to move without human contact across the counter towards me. I thought my friend Bob was pulling some kind of prank on us, but he was as startled as the rest of us. Another time, several days after my dog died, my friend and I were jogging and suddenly I heard Ralphie behind us, his dog tags jingling. When I turned to look, there was nothing-no dog- following us, and my friend asked me if I heard something, too. Well, it turned out that we both heard a dog jogging about 20 feet behind us! These odd experiences used to frighten me, but not anymore. What exactly do you do, research perhaps?

Cathy

Well, off to Dr. Numnum's

Well, off to Dr. Numnum's (aka Dr. Cutie) for my post hysterectomy follow up and to get the chemo plan of action.........

Since we are all down with colds in this house I doubt anything will be happening soon. 

Everyone have a Great DayLaughing

Debbie

• NoTimeForCancer
    dshapiro said:

Well, off to Dr. Numnum's

Well, off to Dr. Numnum's (aka Dr. Cutie) for my post hysterectomy follow up and to get the chemo plan of action.........

Since we are all down with colds in this house I doubt anything will be happening soon. 

Everyone have a Great DayLaughing

Debbie

Debbie, please let us know

Debbie, please let us know the plan. 

• dshapiro

Debbie, please let us know

Debbie, please let us know the plan. 

Well, doc started off our

Well, doc started off our converstation by saying a single word..........."Strange".  LOL

He said how my MMMT was caught couldn't have been stranger or a better catch.   However, I will be having a CT scan shortly then 4-rounds of chemo.  He said he would love to tell me he caught it all but he can't do that because of the aggressive nature of MMMT.  We discussed the chemo in some small bit.  We talked about cancer cells retention rate for chemo treatments and how you can't just simply repeat cancer treatments that they have to change until your cancer "forgets" about it.  Something like 12 months.  

So, I can either not do chemo now and wait to see if it spreads to the liver or lungs and attack it then with the potent chemo or do the potent chemo now and if it stills spreads then they would use a different form of chemo if it does resurface.  Trying to decide which way to go.  Doc did say that if I were his mother, wife, daughter he would be doing the Big Bomb chemo now so have to consider that as well. 

Debbie

• NoTimeForCancer
    dshapiro said:

Well, doc started off our

Well, doc started off our converstation by saying a single word..........."Strange".  LOL

He said how my MMMT was caught couldn't have been stranger or a better catch.   However, I will be having a CT scan shortly then 4-rounds of chemo.  He said he would love to tell me he caught it all but he can't do that because of the aggressive nature of MMMT.  We discussed the chemo in some small bit.  We talked about cancer cells retention rate for chemo treatments and how you can't just simply repeat cancer treatments that they have to change until your cancer "forgets" about it.  Something like 12 months.  

So, I can either not do chemo now and wait to see if it spreads to the liver or lungs and attack it then with the potent chemo or do the potent chemo now and if it stills spreads then they would use a different form of chemo if it does resurface.  Trying to decide which way to go.  Doc did say that if I were his mother, wife, daughter he would be doing the Big Bomb chemo now so have to consider that as well. 

Debbie

Debbie,
    I was lucky my UPSC

Debbie,

I was lucky my UPSC was caught early (Stage 1A) I knew it was an aggressive cancer and I wanted to do everything possible to wipe it out.  Knowing that chemo/radiation was a possible treatment, none the less, I was very upset when I heard I had to have both, I did realize that in the end I was trying to kill any stray little cell that may be hiding behind a kidney or someplace weird and knock it out while it was small.  MMMT is very aggressive and if you were lucky to catch it early you may consider the same. 

In the end I decided that I didn't want to play with waiting and worrying about "when" and considered treatment more 'preventative'.

• dshapiro

Debbie,
    I was lucky my UPSC

Debbie,

I was lucky my UPSC was caught early (Stage 1A) I knew it was an aggressive cancer and I wanted to do everything possible to wipe it out.  Knowing that chemo/radiation was a possible treatment, none the less, I was very upset when I heard I had to have both, I did realize that in the end I was trying to kill any stray little cell that may be hiding behind a kidney or someplace weird and knock it out while it was small.  MMMT is very aggressive and if you were lucky to catch it early you may consider the same. 

In the end I decided that I didn't want to play with waiting and worrying about "when" and considered treatment more 'preventative'.

Thanks, Cathy.  That's my

Thanks, Cathy.  That's my decision too.  I am going for the chemo and notified my doc to get the schedule rolling.

Debbie