Back to chemo

seen the oncologist today, they found 5 spots on my scans, two in my lungs, one by my liver, one in my abdomen, and one on my thyroid lymph node. Now they are going to figure out what chemo to give me. Not happy at all, not ready to do this again!

Comments

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,800 Member
    So very sorry

Oh dear! This all sounds like a broken record. Cancer is a hateful disease. 

I am so sorry that you are heading back into chemo. I pray that your team will come up with something that can knock the socks off of your mets. 

Be sure and visit with us here. Like I just told Mike in another thread, we can't cure you but we sure can love and support you. 

Sue - Trubrit

• janderson1964
    janderson1964 Member Posts: 2,215 Member
    I am truly sorry about your

I am truly sorry about your news. we are never ready to start chemo again. I just had my 3rd recurrence a while back which i had to start chemo fot the 4th time in the past nine years. It sucks and never gets easier. I am glad to hear from you. It's been a while and I was wondering how you were doing lately. I only wish we could heard from you under better circumstances.

• hippiechicks
    hippiechicks Member Posts: 509 Member
    Gotta go at it! I'm sorry you

Gotta go at it! I'm sorry you are back in the fight!  I hope a good, aggressive plan is set for you soon! 

Sending cyber strength! 

• Semira
    Semira Member Posts: 381 Member
    Damn

not the kind one wants to hear :-( Hope they will have a plan soon!

Hugs

Petra

• JanJan63
    JanJan63 Member Posts: 2,478 Member
    Semira said:

Damn

not the kind one wants to hear :-( Hope they will have a plan soon!

Hugs

Petra

I'm so sorry you have to go

I'm so sorry you have to go through this again. I'm on treatment three of a round of eight in my second round of chemo. I seem to get every side effect and ones they say aren't related but I was feeling good before the chemo. They really need to some up with soemthing better than a chemo that was invented in the fifties. 

• Cathleen Mary
    Cathleen Mary Member Posts: 827 Member
    JanJan63 said:

I'm so sorry you have to go

I'm so sorry you have to go through this again. I'm on treatment three of a round of eight in my second round of chemo. I seem to get every side effect and ones they say aren't related but I was feeling good before the chemo. They really need to some up with soemthing better than a chemo that was invented in the fifties. 

Oh, so sorry to hear this.

Oh, so sorry to hear this. Never easy but you can do this. Those kids you so enjoyed this summer are a good reason to enter the fray once again. Know that you have my prayers for an aggressive plan and a great outcome.

You have a lot of cyber friends here rooting for you.

Hugs,

CM

• fatbob2010
    fatbob2010 Member Posts: 467 Member
    Bummer

Bralee so sorry to hear about your scans and return to treatment.  I have nothing to add that others have not already said.  Yet, as we balance the desire for logevity with the wished for quaity of life that longevity may offer, the unpleasant return to treatment almost starts to make sense to me.

I hate it when I talk myself into doing something that is so uncomfortable....this is the same reasoning that got me into and through my last 8 treatments of FOLFIRI with Vectibix.

Shooting cyber hugs of comfort and patience your way.

• maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member

Bummer

Bralee so sorry to hear about your scans and return to treatment.  I have nothing to add that others have not already said.  Yet, as we balance the desire for logevity with the wished for quaity of life that longevity may offer, the unpleasant return to treatment almost starts to make sense to me.

I hate it when I talk myself into doing something that is so uncomfortable....this is the same reasoning that got me into and through my last 8 treatments of FOLFIRI with Vectibix.

Shooting cyber hugs of comfort and patience your way.

Bralee

Bralee I am so very sorry you have to enter the battle again. This darned disease is relentless.....so very hard to face the chemo again....

sending lots of love and hugs......mags