Met with Oncologist today

sandysp
sandysp Member Posts: 868 Member

No more scans! No more biopsies! No surgery! 

They don't even call it a tumor and it's definitive as definitive can be at MSKCC which is probably as good as it gets - It's not any kind of cancer on my lung and definitely a metastasis is ruled out at this point.

I almost feel like it's unfair I should be this lucky.

I hope my life is to the end of it deserving of this reprieve from illness.

Thank you for all your good wishes. It has been a long 10 months since the scan in January when this thing grew.

Love,

Sandy

Comments

• mp327
    mp327 Member Posts: 4,440 Member
    Sandy

Yay, yay, yay!  This is such wonderful news!  I just got home from a night out and decided I would check my websites before I turned in and I'm sure glad I did!  I have been concerned about you, my friend, and I can't tell you how happy I am to hear this!  OMG!  I should sleep like a baby tonight, but I think I'm too excited!  LOL!  Sweet dreams to you my friend!  Breathe, breathe, breathe!  All is well in Sandy-land!  Kiss  Love and hugs to you!

Martha

SmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmile

• z
    z Member Posts: 1,414 Member
    Sandy

Great News!  I know what a relief this must be.  I wish you continued great news.  Lori Laughing

• pializ
    pializ Member Posts: 508 Member
    z said:

Sandy

Great News!  I know what a relief this must be.  I wish you continued great news.  Lori Laughing

Sandy

Whooppee!!!!! I am truly delighted for you with the best news possible. What a cause for celebration! 

Congratulations sweet friend

Liz

• jcruz
    jcruz Member Posts: 379 Member
    great news

Sandy,

I'm so happy for you.  What an incredible relief.

Janet

• nicotianna
    nicotianna Member Posts: 209
    Sandy

So happy for you Sandy!

Nic

• judyv3
    judyv3 Member Posts: 143 Member
    Good to hear!

Now enjoy some "peace" of mind!

Judy

• sandysp
    sandysp Member Posts: 868 Member

Sandy

So happy for you Sandy!

Nic

Thinking of you, nicotianna

You are one of the reasons I feel guilty for the good news to me. I really wish this could be true for you too.

How are you doing?

Are you still working?

Let us hear from you what's happening.

Fondly,

Sandy

• Ouch_Ouch_Ouch
    Ouch_Ouch_Ouch Member Posts: 508 Member
    Hooray! but what....?

I'm so glad for you after all the worry you must have gone through!!! Do you have any fingernails left?

But what did the darn condition turn out to be, after all? Was it really a mold? Are you taking any oral meds for whatever it is or is it gone? Are you still having episodes of shortess of breath?

• qv62
    qv62 Member Posts: 434 Member
    sandysp

So happy to see your great news. I hope you are able to relax now a bit and get some rest from all the stress you've had to deal with. I know we never have full peace of mind after going through what we've all gone through but I hope you can have as much peace as possible. Take it easy, enjoy the sun and fresh air with some deep breaths of relief. XO Keep me posted on your appt schedule, I have 2 coming up in November and look foward to having lunch again when we are in the city on the same day :)

• nicotianna
    nicotianna Member Posts: 209
    sandysp said:

Thinking of you, nicotianna

You are one of the reasons I feel guilty for the good news to me. I really wish this could be true for you too.

How are you doing?

Are you still working?

Let us hear from you what's happening.

Fondly,

Sandy

Sandy

I did not want to one-up you!  I have good news!  I recovered from the VATS w/2+ nodes.  A PET of 10/6 showed a suspicious new nodule in the RLL.  My thoracic surgeon is not worried.  Says to f/u in 6 mos.!  My oncologist ordered 1 for Dec. prior to this visit.  So sweet of you to worry about me:)

Love, Nicoxox

• judyv3
    judyv3 Member Posts: 143 Member

Sandy

I did not want to one-up you!  I have good news!  I recovered from the VATS w/2+ nodes.  A PET of 10/6 showed a suspicious new nodule in the RLL.  My thoracic surgeon is not worried.  Says to f/u in 6 mos.!  My oncologist ordered 1 for Dec. prior to this visit.  So sweet of you to worry about me:)

Love, Nicoxox

More good news!

Happy to hear this also!

Judy

• MKW213
    MKW213 Member Posts: 29
    Love good news

It gives us so much hope! Am fairly new (diagnosed in April) to all this, and this board has helped in so many ways. Congratulations!

• Missy3
    Missy3 Member Posts: 14 Member
    MKW213 said:

Love good news

It gives us so much hope! Am fairly new (diagnosed in April) to all this, and this board has helped in so many ways. Congratulations!

Awesome!!!!!!   What a long

Awesome!!!!!!   What a long journey you have had!!!!   So happy for you Sandy!

• Ouch_Ouch_Ouch
    Ouch_Ouch_Ouch Member Posts: 508 Member
    Hello, Ms Sandy:

Please, how are you doing? Your last appointment was awesome, but I'm also hoping that you have no more shortness of breath or any other nasty symptoms.

Vitual orchids and chocolate to you.

• AZANNIE
    AZANNIE Member Posts: 445 Member
    Sandy

Great news! What a relief for you!

Ann