3weeks post surgery

madzoon
madzoon Member Posts: 40

hi all its been a few weeks since I posted.  Feeling good although my incision areas are very painful is that normal have others experienceEd this as well.? I have lost 11 lbs since my surgery. Not complaining was trying to lose some weight  

Comments

• icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,361 Member
    No Pain, No Gain

Mad,

Your pain sounds perfectly normal to me. Every day should get a little better, with maybe an occasional bad day in between.

Hope the surgery pathology went well.

Icemantoo

• Sounds normal to me.  I had

Sounds normal to me.  I had pain around my incision for at least a month after surgery.

• Djinnie
    Djinnie Member Posts: 945 Member
    Healing Process!

Hi Madzoon, I am glad to hear you are doing well, everything seems right on track. Your body has a lot of healing to do so it is very early days yet. You may also feel some itching around the incision sites, or slight stinging sensations from time to time. As long as everything is knitting together well and the sites are not becoming hot and highly inflamed then you are good!

Djinnie x

• sblairc
    sblairc Member Posts: 585 Member
    How did your other symptoms play out?

Glad to hear you are back and feeling better. What did your surgeoun ever say about the other symtoms you reported on last time? I was worried (my husband had a similar complication in the hospital and had to go on a prostate medication to help him urinate)

• icemantoo
    sblairc said:

Glad to hear you are back and feeling better. What did your surgeoun ever say about the other symtoms you reported on last time? I was worried (my husband had a similar complication in the hospital and had to go on a prostate medication to help him urinate)

Prostate meds

I did a little checking on Madzoon's previous posts and I do not think Prostate meds will help her.

Icemantoo

• sblairc
    icemantoo said:

Prostate meds

I did a little checking on Madzoon's previous posts and I do not think Prostate meds will help her.

Icemantoo

Yes, I knew, lol!!

Right, but difficulty urinating following kidney surgery, even without a prostate would be a potential complication I"m sure. My husband's symptoms were similar to Madzoons and after a bladder ultrasound it turned out he was full of urine and not emptying his bladder which was very concerning at the time. Not sure what the solution for a female would be, but for the benefit of others reading here thought it would be relevant to share the information. 

• madzoon
    sblairc said:

Yes, I knew, lol!!

Right, but difficulty urinating following kidney surgery, even without a prostate would be a potential complication I"m sure. My husband's symptoms were similar to Madzoons and after a bladder ultrasound it turned out he was full of urine and not emptying his bladder which was very concerning at the time. Not sure what the solution for a female would be, but for the benefit of others reading here thought it would be relevant to share the information. 

hello

Yes they did find the source I was unable due to Narcotics they had me on. So once I stopped the  Pain Meds. I was able to go with no problems.  Thank you for you conern.

• madzoon
    sblairc said:

one week later

I was able to move my leg. After several test later, they thought I had some damagage due to Surgery. they still dont know why it happend.

• madzoon
    icemantoo said:

No Pain, No Gain

Mad,

Your pain sounds perfectly normal to me. Every day should get a little better, with maybe an occasional bad day in between.

Hope the surgery pathology went well.

Icemantoo

5 weeks post

I am still having pain, My surgeon stated I shouldnt be having any pain now so he  has released me and sent me to my primary to see whats up.. Nice HUH.. oh well. I have returned to work yesterday,, First day back since. I am exhausted :) ..    But taking it easy when i get home..

• icemantoo
    madzoon said:

one week later

I was able to move my leg. After several test later, they thought I had some damagage due to Surgery. they still dont know why it happend.

Pain at 5 weeks

Mad,

At 5 weeks you are certaily going to have some fatigue especially going back to work. Try working a little less or shorter days at first.

In a feww more weeks you should feel close to normal although there will still be some soreness as opposed to pain extanding for a few more weeks and months.

Icemantoo

• sblairc
    madzoon said:

hello

Yes they did find the source I was unable due to Narcotics they had me on. So once I stopped the  Pain Meds. I was able to go with no problems.  Thank you for you conern.

Oh good! Glad to hear it was that simple

Thanks for posting follow up, glad to hear it was that simple. 

• bobbynyc
    bobbynyc Member Posts: 4
    madzoon said:

5 weeks post

I am still having pain, My surgeon stated I shouldnt be having any pain now so he  has released me and sent me to my primary to see whats up.. Nice HUH.. oh well. I have returned to work yesterday,, First day back since. I am exhausted :) ..    But taking it easy when i get home..

My surgery was Sept 25th

My surgery was Sept 25th 2014. I took a week off from work even though my doctors wanted me home for 4 weeks. So I went to work, walked slowly and took naps the minute I got home. Im still having some discomfort and the iscisions are still hard and swollen. It takes time. My cancer is gone along with my left kidney, so I know that the pain is the body healing....and BTW: I still havent gotten back my normal energy level...but every day, it gets better and better. You will too! ....and if your surgeon released you to your Primary care guy....Id find a new Urologist and not look back.