2»

Comments

• ioanna
    ioanna Member Posts: 43
    Judemo said:

How are you Ioanna?

How's it going Ioanna?

Hi! I've been doing quite

CoolHi! I've been doing quite well. Today is the last day of our holidays. Luckily I managed to rest a lot and I had a great time. I am still taking a lot of pills but I don't mind. I now can walk around more and I even got to swim a couple of times after sunset!

My next chemotherapy is on Wednesday and I am a little anxious about it. Last time my stomach hurt. Hope this time is better!

How have you been doing? Has your treatment been planned??

• Judemo
    Judemo Member Posts: 167 Member
    ioanna said:

Hi! I've been doing quite

CoolHi! I've been doing quite well. Today is the last day of our holidays. Luckily I managed to rest a lot and I had a great time. I am still taking a lot of pills but I don't mind. I now can walk around more and I even got to swim a couple of times after sunset!

My next chemotherapy is on Wednesday and I am a little anxious about it. Last time my stomach hurt. Hope this time is better!

How have you been doing? Has your treatment been planned??

I began a new thread under cervical adenocarcinoma

Great to hear from you ioanna and great to hear your feeling better! It's amazing what time away can do for the soul and body!  I started a new thread about cervical cancers which updates my status (which is pretty much in a holding pattern) and I'm hoping to hear from other cervical cancer survivors. Thanks for letting us know how your doing! Will be thinking about you on Wednesday.

• ioanna
    I hope everyone is doing

I hope everyone is doing well. I haven't been around much lately. Signed in but rarely spoke. Thing is I haven't been doing very well. I had my fifth round of chemo on August 20th. I got an allergic reaction and a lot of vomiting the next days. My doctor did not react soon enough. So on Aug 29 I got a seizure and while already in hospital for dehydration. I stayed in intensive care for two days. I had acute kidney failure and severe stomach problems.

I had my 6th round last week. It was not as bad as the previous one, although I still was hospitalized to make sure I don't gat dehydrated again.

on Sunday I was rushed to the ER with extreme bowel colic. After given the necessary treatment I was discharged on Monday.

I am much better now. I still cannot drink tap water. I can drink Perrier and decaf coffee. I have to take two pills before and one after every meal just to keep food down but I do :)

How have you all been doing?

• ccfighter
    ccfighter Member Posts: 476
    ioanna said:

I hope everyone is doing

I hope everyone is doing well. I haven't been around much lately. Signed in but rarely spoke. Thing is I haven't been doing very well. I had my fifth round of chemo on August 20th. I got an allergic reaction and a lot of vomiting the next days. My doctor did not react soon enough. So on Aug 29 I got a seizure and while already in hospital for dehydration. I stayed in intensive care for two days. I had acute kidney failure and severe stomach problems.

I had my 6th round last week. It was not as bad as the previous one, although I still was hospitalized to make sure I don't gat dehydrated again.

on Sunday I was rushed to the ER with extreme bowel colic. After given the necessary treatment I was discharged on Monday.

I am much better now. I still cannot drink tap water. I can drink Perrier and decaf coffee. I have to take two pills before and one after every meal just to keep food down but I do :)

Ioanna,
    ((((Hugs)))).   It

Ioanna,

((((Hugs)))).   It sounds like you have had a rough go at it.  I hope that you are feeling better,.  Was the chemo what causef the acute kidney failure?  Or severe dehydration.  Hospitals are no fun.  I am glad you are home and hope you are recoveribg comfortably.  I know bowel pain and it is no fun!  

Are you done with chemo now?  If so,  congratulations on finishing treatnent.  Recovery time.  Be good to yourself.  Patience.  Take things slowly.  You'll be feeling better in no time.

Hugs.

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,352 Member
    ioanna said:

I hope everyone is doing

ioanna, I am so sorry to hear

ioanna, I am so sorry to hear you have had so many things going on! 

So your are done with your six and final chemo?  Hopefully it is all heading in the right direction and I am praying for you.

hugs

• ioanna
    ioanna said:

I hope everyone is doing

Thank you for the support

Thank you for the support :)

It was the dehydration that caused kidney failure. For a week I couldn't keep anything in my stomach :( Is much better now, although I still throw up sometimes.

I am having an MRI this week. Hopefully I won't need another chemo but this depends on the result. I also went to another doctor for a second opinion. Thing is I don't really trust the doctor I've had as I think I might have avoided kidney failure if they had taken me seriously.

• ccfighter
    ccfighter Member Posts: 476
    ioanna said:

Thank you for the support

Thank you for the support :)

It was the dehydration that caused kidney failure. For a week I couldn't keep anything in my stomach :( Is much better now, although I still throw up sometimes.

I am having an MRI this week. Hopefully I won't need another chemo but this depends on the result. I also went to another doctor for a second opinion. Thing is I don't really trust the doctor I've had as I think I might have avoided kidney failure if they had taken me seriously.

Good for you ioanna,
    you must

Good for you ioanna,

you must be your own advocate.  I am glad you sought a second opinion which I think is always a good idea when diagnosed with recurrence.  I hope you MRI shows great results and your nodes have disappeared.  M sorry you got so severely dehydrated.  Your oncologist most certainly should have taken you seriously.  A lot of people deal with that while undergoing chemo.  it is not unusual.

rest and reCouperate.  I'm glad you are feeling better and I hope it stays that way.  Hugs.