Recurrance?

I was dx'ed with cervical cancer in 5/2014 and it quickly evolved into uterine cancer. I had both squamous cells and adenocarcinoma cells. In 7/2014 i had a complete hysterectomy and was told all cancer was removed. However, i have since been in pain after sex with bleeding, general adominal pain that is excruiciating at times as well as nausea/vomiting and malaise. Is this normal? 

Comments

• ccfighter
    ccfighter Member Posts: 476
    hi Anmake,

im sorry that

hi Anmake,

im sorry that you have had to deal with this diagnosis.  I know that it is a lot.  What stage was your cancer.  Was it cervical or uterine?  I had both squamous cell and adenocarcinoma cells in my cervical cancer tumor.  They call this adenosquamous carcinoma of the cervix.  I was stage 2a.  When you say it evolved into uterine cancer, do you mean that it spread to the uterus?

are you scheduled for chemo or radiation to ensure the cancer does not return?  Your symptoms are not " normal" but everybody heals differently and it seems that your hysterectomy was only 2-3 months ago and sometime fatigue can linger after a major operation like that.  As For the bleeding after sex, it is possible your vaginal incisions are not totally healed.  I would urge you to see your oncologist for a follow up appointment and discuss these symptoms with them.  

I hope things get better for you.  Hugs.

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,368 Member
    ccfighter offers good

ccfighter offers good advice.  The best thing to do is follow up with your doctor.  We are unsure what (if any) treatment you might have had.