New cns lymphoma growth

Hi. Can't believe we are here again. 4 yrs of remission last mri. 8/1 was cleanfriday 9/5 showed new growth. 

I need some help making a plan. I don't know if more treatment is available or wise  

Comments

• Sten
    Sten Member Posts: 162 Member
    CNS lymphoma treatment

Hi leprechaun2,

Bad news like that is tough to face.

I think that only the doctors can judge what treatment is advisable.

I wish you courage and energy to accept and deal with this new situation.

Sten

• Mary N.
    Mary N. Member Posts: 100
    choices

Hi,  I'm so sorry that it has come back.  Have you had an opportunity to meet with your oncologist or team?  I'm not sure what options are available but I know that it is one of those things that I worry about for when mine comes back.  I will be thinking about you and hope that there are options your doc can suggest.  I've only had Rituxan and high dose MTX and my doc did say that they would probably try the high dose MTX if they return but not sure of your circomstances.  Many hugs and thoughts are sent your way!

• leprechaun2
    leprechaun2 Member Posts: 79
    Sten said:

CNS lymphoma treatment

Hi leprechaun2,

Bad news like that is tough to face.

I think that only the doctors can judge what treatment is advisable.

I wish you courage and energy to accept and deal with this new situation.

Sten

The mri that showed the

The mri that showed the relapse was during an inpatient for fever of unknow origin.  His liver enzymes were high and his immune response was limited.  Blood clots in the right leg. 

I believe the time for fighting is over.  He is comfortable today.  That's enough for now. 

• sadinholland
    sadinholland Member Posts: 248
    Mary N. said:

choices

Hi,  I'm so sorry that it has come back.  Have you had an opportunity to meet with your oncologist or team?  I'm not sure what options are available but I know that it is one of those things that I worry about for when mine comes back.  I will be thinking about you and hope that there are options your doc can suggest.  I've only had Rituxan and high dose MTX and my doc did say that they would probably try the high dose MTX if they return but not sure of your circomstances.  Many hugs and thoughts are sent your way!

I'm sorry!

I hadn't seen you post in a while. I'm sorry to read the tumor is back. I will be praying. My hubby is fighting his recurrence of his Anaplastic Oligodendrgliomangrade 3 as well. God Bless! keep strong! Both of you!

• leprechaun2
    leprechaun2 Member Posts: 79

I'm sorry!

I hadn't seen you post in a while. I'm sorry to read the tumor is back. I will be praying. My hubby is fighting his recurrence of his Anaplastic Oligodendrgliomangrade 3 as well. God Bless! keep strong! Both of you!

We have had four years

We have had four years cancer-free. That has beena gift. 

I am grateful for the wisdom and grace I have found here. 

I pray for you and your husband and for all fighting cancer