Still Kickin------BUTT that is!!!

Fellow Lymphomaniacs

Just wanted you to know I am still kicking...lol...More like getting my butt kicked by Anatomy and Physiology classes

I am so blessed to be living my dream, even though I had this slight detour with this Cancer crap. Ain't nobody got time for that!!

Infusion #8million tomorrow and so tired of it, I am ready to be done. So thankful that I really have suffered none of the major side effects of hair loss, nausea or weight loss. I have a new atrial fibrillation I am dealing with, compliments of cytoxan. They never really make you aware of the delayed side effects that you may experience, lucky for me I researched all of my drugs and my type of Cancer<----don't judge me, I am a self-professed DORKLaughing

Watching my grandfather go through this now is pretty rough, he has thrush really bad and some awful mouth sores from radiation, plus his skin on his face and neck are burnt and bubbled----looks terrible

I was wondering if anyone else has or is suffering from I HATE CANCER SYNDROME? LOL....I feel like if the cancer doesn't kill you the treatment willSurprised...

I am officially back in the gym working out, so be prepared for me to get famous..."Girl who battles cancer and later moves mountains"

Ahhhhh I hope you are all well in Mind Body and Soul<---or atleast one of those 3, cause doing it all is a bit tiring for any of us. I need my naps, I don't know about all of you but I am so tired. My B12 & Iron levels have been low and I can't seem to get them to climb, even with supplements.

You all are so inspiring and entertaining

I hope some of the old crew comes out of hiding soon, I would love to hear from you....It is heartbreaking to see new people and know that the disease is still getting us. Stupid Dumb Cells that don't know to die instead of replicating and building up to create tumors

Love to all Old and New

XXXOOO

Carie

Comments

• allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178 Member
    Not hiding...

Hi Carrie,

I'm not hiding, just been busy, busy busy! Right now I have company from Texas and then next week my son and his family will be here for a week and in between it all we are fishing for the fall king salmon and slaying them! Not to mention..yard work, housework and cooking for a slug of friends and visitors. I'm just so grateful I'm able to do it...damn cancer isn't going to ruin my "Golden Years" ....knock on wood! YES...I DO HATE CANCER and get angry every time I think of how it robs us of our "old selves". I miss the old me...full of piss and vinegar and could go from morning till night. Now I do everything in increments, which is very annoying! I'm sorry your chemo has caused some late problems for you. I'll say prayers for your Grandpa...sounds like he's having a rough time. Please keep up that wonderful attitude of yours sweetie...your a breath of sunshine and joy. Love Sue

• Hey Carie

So glad to see you in such great spirits. The school thing will be over before you know it. How is your son's moustache doing?

As for me I finished infusion #26 in April. Have my 6-month checkup on October 4. Just had some stomach biopsies and hope to get good news on that this week. Mom died in April and her one remaining sister is near death. Otherwise all is well. Just get very tired and hurt a lot . Can't take NSAIDs so i use tramadol and acetomenophen but only when absolutely necessary. Have a ten point buck spotted an my cameras and plan to invite him to dinner in November after he passes those good genes along. Those plans don't often work out. Either an archer or dumb luck could interfere.

take care

• illead
    illead Member Posts: 884 Member
    unknown said:

Hey Carie

So glad to see you in such great spirits. The school thing will be over before you know it. How is your son's moustache doing?

As for me I finished infusion #26 in April. Have my 6-month checkup on October 4. Just had some stomach biopsies and hope to get good news on that this week. Mom died in April and her one remaining sister is near death. Otherwise all is well. Just get very tired and hurt a lot . Can't take NSAIDs so i use tramadol and acetomenophen but only when absolutely necessary. Have a ten point buck spotted an my cameras and plan to invite him to dinner in November after he passes those good genes along. Those plans don't often work out. Either an archer or dumb luck could interfere.

take care

Hi Carie

I don't know if I knew you are having chemo again.  Did you relapse?  You must have told us but I have non chemo brain, is that an excuse? Wink.  Sure hope it's not a long ordeal for you.  Sorry for your grandfather, it must be harder when you have suffered yourself and know what he is actually dealing with.  Keep your positive, kick butt, cancer sucks attitude, you're the greatest.  I just read one of your latest postings and now remember that you are on maintenance....... phew, mystery solved

We love you, Becky  

• jimwins
    jimwins Member Posts: 2,107
    Great to hear from you!

So good to hear from you.  Sorry about your grandfather and I wish him well.  Keep kicking butt, girl!

• Folks24
    Folks24 Member Posts: 106
    jimwins said:

Great to hear from you!

So good to hear from you.  Sorry about your grandfather and I wish him well.  Keep kicking butt, girl!

Glad to hear from you.   I am

Glad to hear from you.   I am a "planner" too. My mom used to say I prepared for every vacation like we were going to Timbucktoo. I'd even map out the clinics & hospitals & drugstores along the way. :)  Durn that with cancer you have a 'learn as you go". Nobody could give me an idea what to expect.  I remember my lowest week was after the treatment and pred. I had to push myself to eat especially the first month as everything smelt like maple syrup hot dogs. Yes really! Ugh!  But I found what services were available for me and a store that delivered groceries. Learned a lot.

Glad you still have a sense of humor and "attitude". We are fighters and survivors, Not Victims.  My motto is Stay Fiesty. 

• amanda_christy
    amanda_christy Member Posts: 60
    Hi Girliefighter

Does that mean u fight like a girl? lolz

Good luck with infusion #8 Carie. Chin up! Glad to hear ur back in the gym. Working out can really lift ur spirits, cant it?

Ive suffered no nausia or weight loss either but im starting to freak about my hair. Have started to lose like a few grain some day in the last week but not really anything. I wasnt even sur! Its been a month since i began ABVD and i worry the 2nd month will result in either total hair loss or i will end up looking like smeagol!!!! :-D

Which is worse?

Herez a cudwle for u! lolz im weird

Christine

• amanda_christy
    amanda_christy Member Posts: 60
    One question though........
    I

I will have radiation to my cleavacle and was concerned about side effects. Where is ur grandfather having radiation to? So sorry he has to go through that though. I know its excrucuatingly painful to watch loved ones suffer. Please dont let it get u down :(

xoxo

• Jeff148
    Jeff148 Member Posts: 184
    Your picture says it all!!

Keep up the awesome spirit!!! You could probably beat this with your attitude alone. Hang in there...we are all pulling for the girlie fighter!

• girliefighter
    girliefighter Member Posts: 232

I

I will have radiation to my cleavacle and was concerned about side effects. Where is ur grandfather having radiation to? So sorry he has to go through that though. I know its excrucuatingly painful to watch loved ones suffer. Please dont let it get u down :(

xoxo

Radiation

Christine,

The radiation my grandfather is receiving is on his parotid gland. Basically his left upper mandible area, so his whole left side of his face, neck and ear are burnt pretty bad. I wish you the best in your treatments. I am pretty sure if you were going to lose your hair you would have by now. They told me two weeks and I would be bald if it was gonna go, mine just slowly thinned every time I brushed or washed it seemed like another handful came out. I was blessed, to keep my head of hair.

Keep fighting, Stay Strong

XXXOOO

Carie

• girliefighter
    Jeff148 said:

Your picture says it all!!

Keep up the awesome spirit!!! You could probably beat this with your attitude alone. Hang in there...we are all pulling for the girlie fighter!

I wish I had that power

HAHAHAHAHa...I wish my attitude had that much power, I would send you all an "attitude adjustment in a jar"

• girliefighter
    jimwins said:

Great to hear from you!

Wish I could skate like that

Wish I could skate like that cat Jim, unfortunately I would fall on my head for sure

• girliefighter
    unknown said:

Hey Carie

take care

Update

GKH,

Do you have update for us yet? Sorry I haven't been on here much lately...Too much anatomy and physiology, biomedical ethics to studyYell Hopefully that buck is still creepin on your cameras.

Ahh yess the real question is how is my son's moustache doing....well he says "it is coming along nicely, as he expected" By that I am assuming we should start to see it soon...lol...<I wish I was 9 again.

I Hope all is well

XXXOOO

Carie

• jimwins
    jimwins Member Posts: 2,107

I wish I had that power

HAHAHAHAHa...I wish my attitude had that much power, I would send you all an "attitude adjustment in a jar"

Hugs :)