Prayers needed

Hey friends

Hope you are all doing well. I wish I could say I was more optimistic but im not. I came home from vacation and have been very sick. Starting getting sick on the last day. Got home yesterday and just feel crappy. Stuffy, fever, congestion, cough etc... Going to the doctor tomorow, but the issue is that I have my two year scan this monday. So as if i wasnt anxious enough now I have to deal with being sick too. Im just really scared that this is the bic C coming back and this is its way of showing its ugly head. I could really use some words and prayers.

Thank you

Comments

• illead
    illead Member Posts: 884 Member
    Dear Mike

Arrrgh,

We are hoping this is not at all relateable to cancer and just coincidence.  That's the problem with this ugly disease, no matter how positive we are and try to live our lives, we are always on the watch.  Our prayers are that you are just overthinking this and that you will get some encouraging news tomorrow.  Hang in there friend, you have certainly been a great support to us, we're here for you.

Becky

• givingrace
    givingrace Member Posts: 161
    Hi coachmike,I'm a newbie on

Hi coachmike,

I'm a newbie on this forum.  

Sorry for your stress and hopefully just a bad cold.

I sure know about the crazy " what if syndrome". Facing the Un known sucks. 

Maybe some chicken noodle soup might help while you wait for Monday to roll around.  And a good book or movie with family or even without.  I know distraction helps me alot.

I'll be praying , wishing , and hoping for the best for you too. "P.W.H." :)

Best of luck, get some rest,and get better soon.

~givingrace~ or GG:)

• LaurieKW
    LaurieKW Member Posts: 14
    Prayer

Hi Mike,

just a note to let you know that I will be praying for you.  I had DLBCL and I got sick with similar symptoms as yours a few times - strong antibiotic drugs helped.  I think all of us on this board worry about relapse so just stay strong and it is good to reach out to others for support and prayer.  keep us posted - God bless you.  Laurie

• coachmike
    coachmike Member Posts: 155
    I appreciate your support

I appreciate your support guys! On a good note my fever broke last night and I feel a little bit better today.

• givingrace
    coachmike said:

I appreciate your support guys! On a good note my fever broke last night and I feel a little bit better today.

That's fantastic news. Happy

That's fantastic news. Happy to hear that! 

GG

• jimwins
    jimwins Member Posts: 2,107
    coachmike said:

Hi Mike

I'm glad you're starting to feel better!  Good luck with your scan on Monday and please stay in touch.

Jim

• MChantal
    MChantal Member Posts: 107
    coachmike said:

Prayers

Prayers being sent your way Mike. Keep positive! 

• jimwins
    Hey Mike

Good luck with your scan today!

• DadysGirl
    DadysGirl Member Posts: 346
    Glad you're feeling a little

Glad you're feeling a little better Mike, wishing you the cleanest results... hopefully it was some sort of a bug that you were going through and nothing else..

take care and please keep us posted.

• coachmike
    home from the scan. now i

home from the scan. now i wait....tick tock tick tock. i will get the results wed afternoon and of course I will keep you posted. I do feel better, still got this annoying cough but other than that much better, thank you for your support. gonna keep myself occupied and busy over the next two days and focus on being positive

• Chrisjag
    Chrisjag Member Posts: 18
    coachmike said:

home from the scan. now i

home from the scan. now i wait....tick tock tick tock. i will get the results wed afternoon and of course I will keep you posted. I do feel better, still got this annoying cough but other than that much better, thank you for your support. gonna keep myself occupied and busy over the next two days and focus on being positive

Glad to read that youre

Glad to read that youre feeling better! Hoping for a clean scan!

• coachmike
    Guess who is 2 years clean

Guess who is 2 years clean and in remission???? THIS GUY!!! Scans came back all clear. I cant thank you enough for all your support and care, you guys are amazing

• givingrace
    coachmike said:

Guess who is 2 years clean and in remission???? THIS GUY!!! Scans came back all clear. I cant thank you enough for all your support and care, you guys are amazing

That is great news !
    Very

That is great news !

Very happy for you !

God Bless you coachmike. 

GG

• illead
    illead Member Posts: 884 Member

That is great news !
    Very

That is great news !

Very happy for you !

God Bless you coachmike. 

GG

A big relief

Thank goodness, we were hoping for that.  I know how it is though, everytime anything is amiss with Bill, I worry.  And it is so true, we are here when we need each other, and it helps soooo much.  Big big congrats.

B&B

• jimwins
    coachmike said:

Wonderful news

Great news!  Happy happy happy!