Ding ding dinggg :) :)

Hello all,

hope all is going well so far.

I finished rads :))) what a ride !!

doctors said nothing can be said now in 2 months I'll be having an MRI and we'll see the result. I'm positive I kicked it in the *** :) lol

headaches and fatigue are here. Tasting is horrible, spending my day on Ensure, apples, jam, and 1 type of soup (kids soups with small letters)

I want to thank from all my heart all my friends here,,, all.. Tim Hondo, civil Matt, Debbie, kteacher, meegs, Guzzle, Keith, Phrannie .... And all the others (sry cant remember all the names:) but everyone here is always in my prayers.

I'm here for any support or help... I just wish I wont see new ppl here! And everyone will ring the bell soon if they haven't yet.

I'll keep u updated.

lots of love,

keep smiling :)

Goyca.

Comments

• Goyca
    Goyca Member Posts: 220
    Oh thanks for Jackie, Donfo,

Oh thanks for Jackie, Donfo, and Patrick(longtermsurvivor) ... And everyone else :):)

• Guzzle
    Guzzle Member Posts: 710
    Goyca said:

Oh thanks for Jackie, Donfo,

Oh thanks for Jackie, Donfo, and Patrick(longtermsurvivor) ... And everyone else :):)

Ace!

WELL DONE KID! Greetings from Liverpool you tough little lady!

• jackflash22
    jackflash22 Member Posts: 524 Member
    Doesn't seem

doesn't seem possible you've completed your rads already. I guess you don't think that yet. I can't really remember mine now except how nice everyone was. It's weird but you get used to the abi-normal. I tend to blot out amything I don't like. I have a few problems still but they don't stop me doing the things I use to do. I've gone back to my sewing. I'm making a name pennent for my new great grandson. His name is Harrison so it will take a bit of time, then there some dressing up clothes I shall make for Xmas present for my great grandaughter. I make quilts and appliqué and dolls. While I'm busy I m lost in my world and forget I have any problems. Just before I got cancer I had my brick built shed turned into a sewing room it's my world where I can be alone. My kids visit me often and I'm going to visit my son and daughter in law at the end of the month. I have a grandaughter who has the children living a few doors away so I feel I have it all. The cancer made me appreciate all this. It opens your eyes and stops you taking things for granted.

• TracyLynn72
    TracyLynn72 Member Posts: 839
    Ring that bell!!

I am SO happy for you that rads are over!!  Take time to rest and heal now!  Congrats!!!

• lornal
    lornal Member Posts: 428
    Congrat!

Congratulations - now sleep and drink! and drink!

• wmc
    wmc Member Posts: 1,804
    WAY TO GO.........Knew you could.

Now ring that Bell !!!  Don't forget you're still cooking inside so it still is slowly getting better now. You made it through the rough part so enjoy, and you will start feeling better each day and Slowly getting better and back to the "New Normal"

Proud of you.

Bill

• Well done matey!!!! Now every

Well done matey!!!! Now every step you take is along the road to recovery :)

• phrannie51
    phrannie51 Member Posts: 4,716
    Whoo Hoo!!!

Even if it doesn't feel like it right now, life is on the upswing.  Be patient with yourself, you've been through a LOT.....Congrats on finishing rads.....it's a real relief, isn't it? :)

p

• CivilMatt
    CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,724 Member
    finished

Goyca,

Congratulations on finishing, I will ring my bell for you.

Now step on over to the advice givers table, you are a H&Ner.  Sounds cool.

Anyway, try and relax, set your healing clock to slow and enjoy yourself, bad taste and all.

Matt

• jim and i
    jim and i Member Posts: 1,788 Member
    Happy dancin. Praying for NED

Happy dancin. Praying for NED in two months.

Debbie

• Goyca
    thank u all :) yes Bill I did

thank u all :) yes Bill I did itttt :)

I'm trying to get busy a bit in the house and out and about... And I'm baking :) lots of cakes and

Hoping to go back to work on the 23rd, September.

recent prayers are for the taste buds lol...

weekend is coming, so have a nice weekend everybody:)

• Goyca
    Estelle, Debbie, tracylyn,

Estelle, Debbie, tracylyn, lornel... ladies :) I wish you can taste my cakes :))) i have never thought I'll know how to do kitchen stuff, but the rads taught me some new stuff ;)

• KB56
    KB56 Member Posts: 318 Member
    All finished!!

Goyca, I'm so happy that you are finished with treatment!!! That is great news and now you can start to heal and get back to your normal life which will be so nice.

Get lots of nourishment, start pushing yourself with exercise as much as you can handle as it will really help with the mental (and physical) aspects of recovery.    I'm sure you're MRI in a couple of months will be great as well.

Congratulations and it's all good from here,

Keith

• debbiejeanne
    debbiejeanne Member Posts: 3,102 Member
    CONGRATULATIONS, Goyca!!!! 

CONGRATULATIONS, Goyca!!!!  if that time went as fast to you as it did to me, your head must be spinning.....lol.  i'm doing the happy dance for you.  you are officially on the "healing" road now.  i am so very happy for you and i pray you don't have to many side affects.  now you can get back to living!

God bless you,

dj

• TracyLynn72
    TracyLynn72 Member Posts: 839
    Goyca said:

Estelle, Debbie, tracylyn,

Estelle, Debbie, tracylyn, lornel... ladies :) I wish you can taste my cakes :))) i have never thought I'll know how to do kitchen stuff, but the rads taught me some new stuff ;)

I am always

available to be a taste tester!! :)  So much tastes different to me now, but it's like an adventure to see what I now like/don't like.  Cake sounds pretty good to me!

• donfoo
    donfoo Member Posts: 1,773 Member
    Congrats!

Hard part over, now onto getting "normal" again. :-) Don

• LumpinmyThroat
    LumpinmyThroat Member Posts: 98
    Well Done

Yes!!!  We are 4 days behind you and so excited.  Sending you lots of happy thoughts!

• hwt
    hwt Member Posts: 2,328 Member

Well Done

Yes!!!  We are 4 days behind you and so excited.  Sending you lots of happy thoughts!

Bravo!

The hardest part is now in your rearview mirror!

• Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Very Well Done

Glad to hear you reach the finish line and glad to hear you are staying to continue to help others who need help and support.

My prayers are always with those who need it the most.

Tim Hondo