Anal cancer stage 3b

124»

Comments

• faith4ever1
    faith4ever1 Member Posts: 2
    Angela_K said:

Good news

Words of encouragement: I am 3 and 1/2 years post treatment and I am doing very well.  Was diagnosed as a probable IIIB.  Will have no more scans unless there are symptoms.  Have been very focused rejuvenating my immune system by regular fasting, follwing the BALi diet designed by Dr. Roby Mitchell, injesting black seed oil, exercising and following a meaningful spiritual path.

I feel great.  I still tire easily on some days, though.  The key, I believe, is finding a doctor who is experienced in treating women and cancer recovery and prevention.  Hormonal balance plays a HUGE role in optimizing your immune system.

You are the captain of your ship.  You will learn that you are much stronger than you think you are.

Blessings to you.  

Angela

Thank you

Very encouraging words, hormone balance is a huge isssue for me and i've refused to do HRT do to the cancer risks.  I've taken the natural route with supplements that have helped with some of the symptoms.

• lilou
    lilou Member Posts: 23
    STAGE 3 B

Smile Hello . After two and half years after the end of the treatment , my last scanner ( 3 september) is good!  COURAGE FOR STAGE 3 B WHO WORRY .  Bye, Bye

• mp327
    mp327 Member Posts: 4,440 Member
    lilou said:

STAGE 3 B

Smile Hello . After two and half years after the end of the treatment , my last scanner ( 3 september) is good!  COURAGE FOR STAGE 3 B WHO WORRY .  Bye, Bye

lilou

Congratulations on getting such great news on your scan!  That is wonderful and I wish you continued good health!

• nicotianna
    nicotianna Member Posts: 209
    lilou said:

STAGE 3 B

lilou

So happy for you!

Nic

• knolltop
    knolltop Member Posts: 56
    lilou said:

STAGE 3 B

lilou

Congratulation on this wonderful news.  

tory

• eihtak
    eihtak Member Posts: 1,473 Member
    lilou said:

STAGE 3 B

lilou....

Fantastic to hear!!! Wishing you health and happiness as you move forward.

katheryn

• sandysp
    sandysp Member Posts: 868 Member
    lilou said:

STAGE 3 B

Yeahhhhhhh!

We need good news. Thank you.

Yippeeeee! 2.5 years is when I started to feel good. 

I wish you all the best for your continued good health.

Sincerely,

Sandy

• lilou
    lilou Member Posts: 23
    Cancer anal stage 3 B

Smile Hello,  THANK YOU  for your message. Yes i begin to keep hope in spite of the stage  B .  YOU ARE ALL ME SAMIS AND FRIENDS OF MISFORTUNE A COMPLETE CURE  AND A LOT OF COURAGE TO THOSE WHO ARE IN TREATMENT.  BYE BYE

• legsbeautiful
    legsbeautiful Member Posts: 1
    I too have stage 3b anal

I too have stage 3b anal cancer.Was originally diagnosied with T3 NOMO but a MRI revealed borderline suspcious enlargement of the lymphnode which is now T3 N2.

I am going through treatment now (8days left) and am only now using morphine for the pain. My main concern right now is am I doing all this to just have it return or spread? I am sure everyone gets that feeling but I am starting to worry that I should have had the tumour removed(wasnt given as a option)and then treatment.

• mp327
    mp327 Member Posts: 4,440 Member

I too have stage 3b anal

I too have stage 3b anal cancer.Was originally diagnosied with T3 NOMO but a MRI revealed borderline suspcious enlargement of the lymphnode which is now T3 N2.

I am going through treatment now (8days left) and am only now using morphine for the pain. My main concern right now is am I doing all this to just have it return or spread? I am sure everyone gets that feeling but I am starting to worry that I should have had the tumour removed(wasnt given as a option)and then treatment.

legsbeautiful

I'm sorry that you are having to go through this treatment, but there are so, so many cases of stage 3b that have been successfully treated, so I hope that you will have a good outcome as well.  As for tumor removal, that is not done, except in cases of very, very small tumors, due to potential damage of the sphincter muscle, which would necessitate a colostomy.  This is why that option was not presented to you.  I know this treatment is brutal--I went through it 6 years ago.  But I am still here and doing well, so I hope that will give you some encouragement.  Do not go to thoughts of recurrence.  Stay positive and remember that the rate of success of this treatment is very high, even in cases like yours.  Eight more days and you will be on the road to recovery.  I wish you all the very best and hope you'll keep us posted on how things are going for you.

Martha

• nicotianna

I too have stage 3b anal

legsbeautiful

Hi - I had bilateral lymph node enlargement/involvement.  The first node appeared 3 months before my treatment started.  I thought the node was a hernia.  By the time I obtained a biopsy, a PET & another wk delay, it was 3 months!!!  Your nodal involvement seems very young.

Your node seems to have appeared only recently, &, not palpable?  The XRT (radiation therapy) & standard CT (chemotherapy) is very effective!   A couple of mine were removed 3 months after completion of XRT & were negative. An inguinal biopsy was done 10 months later & negative.  Unfortunately, my initial diagnosis was made when I had bilateral inguinal node involvement & probably already had cancer cells throughout my lymphatic system.

I do not think node removal would be advisable or standard of care.  Also, I wonder how the docs know that the node seen on the MRI is a malignancy for sure.

Best wishes on your journey!

Nic

• nicotianna
    lilou said:

STAGE 3 B

lilou

Thanks for sharing the good news!  Congratulations!

Nic

• nicotianna
    lilou said:

STAGE 3 B

lilou

Thanks for sharing the good news!  Congratulations!

Nic