vin3 questions

Hi, in November I had a biopsy done and it came back positive as vin3. I am very fortunate and was sent to Dr.dodge at princess Margaret right away.  In the middle of July they had me in for surgery and removed my whole perineum. I was told that there was definitely cancerous cells.  Unfortunately for me  it ended up getting infected causing a wound dehiscence. I went to my local emergency but my doctor had me in earlier for a follow-up. Upon that followup he noticed more vin. I've now just had my second laser and it seems to be developing fast (they have to do allot of laser each time), is this normal?  Also I'm confused on the difference between having vin3 to vulva cancer?  What happens when it does develop to vulva cancer?  I'm hoping to find other's experiencing this issue for support as well. 

Thank you for reading my experience and look forward to hearing others experiences with this xo

Comments

• ccfighter
    ccfighter Member Posts: 476
    I'm sorry that you are

I'm sorry that you are dealing with this but am glad you are following up with your doctor.  I have cervical cancer and can't answer your questions.  Good luck.  Hugs.

• amanda30
    amanda30 Member Posts: 3
    Thank you so much for

Thank you so much for replying.  My heart goes out to everyone that uses this site!  I don't have a support system right now and currently a mom of a 2 & 1 year old.  This has been extremely difficult on my relationship,  I have become extremely self conscious of my, well vagina.... before all of this happened I had a cone biopsy and before that I became severely allergic to the sun (uvb rays). It took my doctors a year to figure that out with testing,  and literally at one point I had my poo in the freezer and a jug of urine in the fridge.... I think my partner is just tired of me being sick,  and quite frankly me too. I'm hoping to find other's that I can talk to about my feelings more instead of building them up all inside and constantly pretending everything is fine.  Today I had to get tubes in my ears and really I just don't want to see doctors for a long time.  I feel grateful though that I have this site to finally express my feelings..

Thank you for taking the time to read my situation.  Xo

• Judemo
    Judemo Member Posts: 167 Member
    amanda30 said:

Thank you so much for

Thank you so much for replying.  My heart goes out to everyone that uses this site!  I don't have a support system right now and currently a mom of a 2 & 1 year old.  This has been extremely difficult on my relationship,  I have become extremely self conscious of my, well vagina.... before all of this happened I had a cone biopsy and before that I became severely allergic to the sun (uvb rays). It took my doctors a year to figure that out with testing,  and literally at one point I had my poo in the freezer and a jug of urine in the fridge.... I think my partner is just tired of me being sick,  and quite frankly me too. I'm hoping to find other's that I can talk to about my feelings more instead of building them up all inside and constantly pretending everything is fine.  Today I had to get tubes in my ears and really I just don't want to see doctors for a long time.  I feel grateful though that I have this site to finally express my feelings..

Thank you for taking the time to read my situation.  Xo

Hi Amanda

I'm sorry it's taken so long to reply to your post.  I've been recovering from a hysterectomy and just more recently have been logging on.  Anyway, how are you doing?  I'm so sorry for what your going through!  I found out by looking on my online health portal that I had CIN, VAIN & VIN, all III!  I knew the hysterectomy would take care of the CIN III but was so scared about the VAIN & VIN III!  Well, I found out that my DR's office "accidentally" put in the VAIN & VIN III DXs by mistake!!!  I was so angry and they didn't even apologise.  Regardless, I knew how I felt about it and can only imagine what your feeling and going through!  I'm wondering if CIN III spreads into the vagina and vulva?  I'm sure it's possible.  But, please know I'm thinking about you and your in my prayers!  Please let us know how your doing.

• Judemo
    Judemo Member Posts: 167 Member
    Judemo said:

Hi Amanda

I'm sorry it's taken so long to reply to your post.  I've been recovering from a hysterectomy and just more recently have been logging on.  Anyway, how are you doing?  I'm so sorry for what your going through!  I found out by looking on my online health portal that I had CIN, VAIN & VIN, all III!  I knew the hysterectomy would take care of the CIN III but was so scared about the VAIN & VIN III!  Well, I found out that my DR's office "accidentally" put in the VAIN & VIN III DXs by mistake!!!  I was so angry and they didn't even apologise.  Regardless, I knew how I felt about it and can only imagine what your feeling and going through!  I'm wondering if CIN III spreads into the vagina and vulva?  I'm sure it's possible.  But, please know I'm thinking about you and your in my prayers!  Please let us know how your doing.

VIN III

I almost forgot to mention that there is another good site for people dealing with VIN, VAIN & CIN,  it's Macmillan's Online Community...check it out. Good luck to you and keep hanging in there!  We are here to support you.