Hi, new here

Hello,

I am new here. treated for lymphoma Bcell 2 years ago.  the worst thing Ive been through and feel I got out lucky in some ways.

the worst for me now is brain fog. I am improving, but I feel like I have ADD. I use to be a major multi tasker.

the second worst is how the Doctors played it down, it does not happen to most people.  EmbarassedIt took me several times sign up.

Honestly, I think B vitamins help and E.  accupuncture.  Still not back and my last treatment March, 2013.  People think I should  be doing all kinds of things and I look at them and say What?

Comments

• maryba
    maryba Member Posts: 2
    very grateful

to be alive though, stage 3 non hodkins lymphoma. Doctors major amazed with this. I drank 2 gallons of water a day after treatment.  I did not have mouth sores, nor heart problems, nor joint pain. 

have found a book in which helps, Soul healing miracles. meditations.

• NANCYL1
    NANCYL1 Member Posts: 289
    NEW HERE

Hi Maryba:

I also have B Cell Lymphoma, non-Hodgkins, and finished Rituxan infusions the end of November in 2013, after two years.  I keep reading about brain fog; I don't think it is rare at all.  I have been depressed, but I think some of it is the brain fog, which is called "Chemo Brain."  You can get lots of information from this website,  and lots of information and support from the wonderful people on this board.  Try googling "chemo brain," but only go to a good website.  And you were discouraged re signing up here.  Don't be discouraged.  I welcome you.

You say that people think you should be doing stuff?  Have they walked in your shoes  I have been tired off and on but am improving.

nancy

• allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178 Member
    Welcome...

Hi maryba, and "welcome" to the group...

I had chemo brain for the first year after diagnosis and treatment. I am much better now, but still have times when my mind goes completely blank in the middle of multi tasking. It will get better, give it time. I have not gotten back to 100% with my energy and don't really expect to. I was diagnosed in June of 2010 with Follicular NHL-stg3-grd2-typA. Did 6 rounds of CVP-R and then 2 years of bi-monthly Rituxan infusions, finishing in Feb 2012. I stayed in remission until April 2014 and now doing watchful waiting until fall. Try to take each day one at a time and keep stress at a minimum. Don't worry what others think you should, or shouldn't be doing...they haven't got a clue what all we go through and the after affects we are left to deal with. March to the beat of your own drum...life is too short to do it any other way. We are always here to help, so feel at ease to discuss whatever you want. Take care...Love, Sue (age 63)