10 month checkup....NED

wmc
wmc Member Posts: 1,804

Had my ten month check up and the doctor is very pleased. Said everything looks great and it's NED.

It was a long day, left the house at 9:30am and drove fours hours to the doctor. Had to wait 1 1/2 hrs to see him, he was running late. Then he called my SLP and made her come down and change my TEP due to leaking and asperating. I needed a shorter size. She is very nice and about the best on the west coast. Got it changed and I got out at seven at night, to eat and drive four hours back home. Got home at 11:00pm. let see, 13 1/2 hours and 430 miles, but it was worth it.

I hope you all had a good day as well..........

Bill

Comments

• CivilMatt
    CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,724 Member
    NED

Bill,

Let’s see, at 9:30am I was driving to work and at 11pm I was watching TV.  Now, just one more thing to do and that is to congratulate you on being NED.

Matt

• Anonymous7/6/2023
    Anonymous7/6/2023 Member Posts: 176
    Fantastic news!!! Good for

Fantastic news!!! Good for you mate x x x

• wmc
    CivilMatt said:

NED

Bill,

Let’s see, at 9:30am I was driving to work and at 11pm I was watching TV.  Now, just one more thing to do and that is to congratulate you on being NED.

Matt

Matt

Thanks

• wmc
    Estelle_H said:

Fantastic news!!! Good for

Fantastic news!!! Good for you mate x x x

Estelle

Thank you!

• TracyLynn72
    TracyLynn72 Member Posts: 839
    Excellent!

I never get tired of hearing about people hearing NED!  Congrats!!  That is a reason to celebrate :) 

• phrannie51
    phrannie51 Member Posts: 4,716
    Whoo Hoo, Bill!!

Congratulations on the NED (best words in the world!).  Man tho......you sure have to work hard to get that report.....a 13 hour Dr. appointment is one long a**ed time.

p

• hope3210
    hope3210 Member Posts: 27
    Congrats Bill.

Congrats Bill.

• Goyca
    Goyca Member Posts: 220
    Congrats Bill :) happy for u

• hwt
    hwt Member Posts: 2,328 Member
    Goyca said:

Bill

I'll bet it was a happy drive home...congrats on the NED!

• donfoo
    donfoo Member Posts: 1,773 Member
    Congrats!

Great news on NED. Never get tired of hearing that word.

• Guzzle
    Guzzle Member Posts: 710
    donfoo said:

Congrats!

Great news on NED. Never get tired of hearing that word.

Chuffed

Made up for you mate

• debbiejeanne
    debbiejeanne Member Posts: 3,102 Member
    Bill, i'm so happy that NED

Bill, i'm so happy that NED decided to drive home with you, congrats!  glad you got the prosthese changed and praying that it won't leak.  I'm having leaking problems right now :0(  wow, you really have to go thru a lot to see your doc.  that really makes for a long day.  i'm glad you got good news and got home safely.  i hope you took a minute to do the happy dance!

God bless you,

dj

• wmc

Excellent!

I never get tired of hearing about people hearing NED!  Congrats!!  That is a reason to celebrate :) 

Thanks

Thank you Tracy, it sure a good reason.

• wmc

Whoo Hoo, Bill!!

Congratulations on the NED (best words in the world!).  Man tho......you sure have to work hard to get that report.....a 13 hour Dr. appointment is one long a**ed time.

p

Yep it is...

Yes it is a long day. I have to be checked every two months because I never had radation. I see a local, then the next time I go back to Stanford. It's a long day but so well worth it. He is my ONC surgen, and one of the best in the US.

Thanks.

Bill

• wmc
    Guzzle said:

Chuffed

Made up for you mate

Thank you ALL

Thank you all: Hope3210;  Goyca;  HWT;  Guzzle; and Don; A BIG THANKS

• wmc

Bill, i'm so happy that NED

Bill, i'm so happy that NED decided to drive home with you, congrats!  glad you got the prosthese changed and praying that it won't leak.  I'm having leaking problems right now :0(  wow, you really have to go thru a lot to see your doc.  that really makes for a long day.  i'm glad you got good news and got home safely.  i hope you took a minute to do the happy dance!

God bless you,

dj

Thanks Debbie

We not only changed the legnth from 8mm down to a 6mm, I switch from the ProvoxII to the Provox Vega. It is the same outer size 22.5fr but the shape is more oval and larger air flow. It takes a little less air pressure to talk and I think I'm going to like it even better. There is a very slite tone change it my voice and it good also. Had to have it removed [pulled out] then keep your mouth open so you don't swallow, then have it mesured and have the dilator inserted, thin the New prosthsis inserted, then talk to have it checked. Then you have to do a swallow test. Now your done. I know you have to go through this as wall as Pat and lorna. What we go through just to talk. That doesn't even cover the two doctors charges at $480. each.

AS for the Happy Dance.....Yes, did that before I drove home. Sealed

With all that it was a GREAT DAY.

Bill

• luv4lacrosse
    luv4lacrosse Member Posts: 1,410 Member
    LOVE ME SOME NED

That's great news, time to let some of the anxiety go and hopefully worry a little less.

Best

Mike

• josh r.
    josh r. Member Posts: 264 Member
    Walking on air!

Bill,

I am so happy for your great report. I still remember the first time I heard that news and I don't think my feet touched the ground all the way to my car! Hell, they might not have touched the ground yet and that was 1991! All the best, josh r.!

• wmc

LOVE ME SOME NED

That's great news, time to let some of the anxiety go and hopefully worry a little less.

Best

Mike

Thanks Mike

Each month that goes by the better it is. At first I was told I could not survive Radation or surgery. So we did a laryngectomy so I could have the surgery. I was T4,N2,M0 SSC of the larynx and they got it all. Ended up being only T3,N0,MO, and cancer free. It has been one very long year and I am so thankful to be given a second chance, and got to meet such wonderful peolpe along the way for suport.

Thank you

Bill

• wmc
    josh r. said:

Walking on air!

Bill,

I am so happy for your great report. I still remember the first time I heard that news and I don't think my feet touched the ground all the way to my car! Hell, they might not have touched the ground yet and that was 1991! All the best, josh r.!

Thanks Josh

Thanks, I have to be seen every two months but it still is good to hear the words.