TREND SETTERS AT LAST

patricke
patricke Member Posts: 570 Member

Well, it has finally happened, we tube feeders in the network have finally become trend setters in the world of weight management!  Last night I was sock knocked off while watching the news on WPLG Channel 10 here in sunny/rainy tropical South Florida, when they aired a story about a doc in town who has brought from somewhere across the pond, THE.........wait for it.............TUBE FEED DIET..............that's right, it's finally here!!  People pay $1,500.00 a pop to go on this diet thru the nose, which is also how they pay, for a period of time then go off for awhile, then back on for another cycle (as they call it), etc. until they, well you know................  Diane and I used to joke about how some day there will be the Tube Feed Diet, and now it has at long last arrived.  Ya gotta love it, who knew!  Bon Na Petite.

PATRICK

Comments

• osmotar
    osmotar Member Posts: 1,006
    Holy Hee Haw

Can't believe people would do that....

• lornal
    lornal Member Posts: 428
    That's pretty pitiful.

That's pretty pitiful.

• wmc
    wmc Member Posts: 1,804
    Wow, that is sad...

Patrick thank you for letting us know. I Googled it and I think they should have to use the syringe instead of the 24hr pump, then see how they like it. Yep 280cc and a 60cc flush. Well I only got down 150cc and the flush then would get sick and start shaking. 

Bill

• jackflash22
    jackflash22 Member Posts: 524 Member
    Tube diet

at last I'm trendy, I've been on the tube diet for 8 months and didn't pay a penny for it. Who would have thought folk would willingly go on to tube feeds. Why go on to the tube when they can swallow the same feed through the mouth they would still be on a controlled diet. I haven't read the article yet but will do so.

• Ladylacy
    Ladylacy Member Posts: 773 Member
    WOW

Anything to make $$$ and those that will do anything to lose weight.  Shame they don't understand that the weight will come back.  Shame they don't understand that there are those who would love to be able to eat normally instead of having to rely on a feeding tube to stay alive.  

• Guzzle
    Guzzle Member Posts: 710
    Ladylacy said:

WOW

Anything to make $$$ and those that will do anything to lose weight.  Shame they don't understand that the weight will come back.  Shame they don't understand that there are those who would love to be able to eat normally instead of having to rely on a feeding tube to stay alive.  

Bizzare

You would think a responsible Doctor may suggest eating less and maybe some excercise! The money could go to charity!

• fishmanpa
    fishmanpa Member Posts: 1,227 Member
    50 pounds in just 6 weeks!

That's right folks, now YOU can lose weight just like a cancer patient! Get all the nutrition your body needs while shedding those ugly pounds and wasting muscle away like evaporating water! No unsightly holes in your abdomen either! This simple tube slides easily down your nose and our special nutritional formula is fed to you through a pump 24/7! Get thinner while looking like someone in a coma and enjoy the same yummy meals head and neck cancer patients get to enjoy when radiation closes their throats and keeps them from eating solid food. 

I feel like slapping someone upside the head!

Positive thoughts and prayers

"T"

• debbiejeanne
    debbiejeanne Member Posts: 3,102 Member
    the shame of this is people

the shame of this is people will pay to do it.  its sad what people will do to make money and in a sense rip people off.  like JF said, they could simply drink the stuff without the tube!  i hope people use their heads and realize this.  the greed of this world never ceases to amaze me!

dj

• phrannie51
    phrannie51 Member Posts: 4,716
    This is crazy of course....

but I guess it must be for the very desparate.

Next thing we'll hear is chemo being used as an appetite suppressent.

• wmc
    wmc Member Posts: 1,804
    fishmanpa said:

50 pounds in just 6 weeks!

That's right folks, now YOU can lose weight just like a cancer patient! Get all the nutrition your body needs while shedding those ugly pounds and wasting muscle away like evaporating water! No unsightly holes in your abdomen either! This simple tube slides easily down your nose and our special nutritional formula is fed to you through a pump 24/7! Get thinner while looking like someone in a coma and enjoy the same yummy meals head and neck cancer patients get to enjoy when radiation closes their throats and keeps them from eating solid food. 

I feel like slapping someone upside the head!

Positive thoughts and prayers

"T"

Thank's T

Thanks I enjoyed yours.

• jim and i
    jim and i Member Posts: 1,788 Member
    Yup I heard about this 6

Yup I heard about this 6 months ago. Could not believe what people put themselves through to loose a few ponds that they will gain back in the future. Talk about a DUH moment.

Debbie

• Guzzle
    Guzzle Member Posts: 710
    jim and i said:

Yup I heard about this 6

Yup I heard about this 6 months ago. Could not believe what people put themselves through to loose a few ponds that they will gain back in the future. Talk about a DUH moment.

Debbie

Chemo

Phrannie , I put on four pounds during chemo! Patrick just worked out you meant Bon Appetite! It was lost in translation and like most Brits my French is very poor! G.