Lab Results

wwotc
wwotc Member Posts: 3

Hello,

My TSH is 0.30, T-4 is 1.2, and Thyrolglobulin is 0.1. Can someone tell me what they thinks this all mean? Thanks.

Comments

• Baldy
    Baldy Member Posts: 243
    Lab Results

Hi,

Your TSH is low, the normal range is .5 to 4.5.  Your Thyroglobulin is also low, the normal range is 1.1 to 35.0.  But, if you've had a total thyroidectomy, you want both your TSH and Thyroglobulin to be low, the lower the better.  Your T4 is in range, the normal range is .8 to 1.8.  They may have also tested T3, the normal range is .8 to 2.0.

They test T4 & T3 to see if your thyroid is working properly or if you've had a total thyroidectomy to make sure the thyroid replacement hormone pill (usually Levothyroxine/Synthroid) you take every day is at the proper dose.

They test TSH (Thyroid stimulating hormone) and Thyroglobulin to determine if your thyroid is working properly or if you've had a total thyroidectomy and you have thyroid cancer to make sure the cancer is gone.

Depending on your circumstances, the numbers could mean different things.

The best thing you can do is ask your doctor to explain your results.

Alan

• wwotc
    wwotc Member Posts: 3
    Baldy said:

Lab Results

Hi,

Your TSH is low, the normal range is .5 to 4.5.  Your Thyroglobulin is also low, the normal range is 1.1 to 35.0.  But, if you've had a total thyroidectomy, you want both your TSH and Thyroglobulin to be low, the lower the better.  Your T4 is in range, the normal range is .8 to 1.8.  They may have also tested T3, the normal range is .8 to 2.0.

They test T4 & T3 to see if your thyroid is working properly or if you've had a total thyroidectomy to make sure the thyroid replacement hormone pill (usually Levothyroxine/Synthroid) you take every day is at the proper dose.

They test TSH (Thyroid stimulating hormone) and Thyroglobulin to determine if your thyroid is working properly or if you've had a total thyroidectomy and you have thyroid cancer to make sure the cancer is gone.

Depending on your circumstances, the numbers could mean different things.

The best thing you can do is ask your doctor to explain your results.

Alan

Lab results after stage 4

Thank you for responding. I had stage 4 papillary/focu cancer (2007), with a total thyroidectomy. 4 rounds of radiation iodine. My endo released me as a patient after I kept telling her that I was continously hypo. Went to pickup lab report and was told she no longer wanted me as a patient and cancer was gone. No explanation of lab values.

• Baldy
    Baldy Member Posts: 243
    wwotc said:

Lab results after stage 4

Thank you for responding. I had stage 4 papillary/focu cancer (2007), with a total thyroidectomy. 4 rounds of radiation iodine. My endo released me as a patient after I kept telling her that I was continously hypo. Went to pickup lab report and was told she no longer wanted me as a patient and cancer was gone. No explanation of lab values.

Lab results

I'm 2011 stage 3 papillary.  I've been told (my surgeon who did the total thyroidectomy) that if you don't have a recurrance after 5 years you're good.  Going by that and since it has been 7 years for you, your doc is right.  Seems odd that she would drop you without discussing it with you.  If you're still worried, maybe you could get your Primary Care to continue testing your thyroid levels on an annual basis to keep an eye on it, or find another endo.

Concerning your other post, I've been posting here on and off for three and a half years and your the first person who has talked about an annuerism.