Treatment update

janderson1964
janderson1964 Member Posts: 2,215 Member

I am getting a needle biopsy on 6/18 (I know Laz I was really against it but I want to have extensive DNA testing done on a current sample) followed by y90 mapping on  6/19.

I will have the actual y90 treatment on 7/3. Then I fly to Seattle to meet with Dr. Lin on 7/15 so he can work with my oncologist on ADAPT (XCEL) maintenance therapy.

Comments

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,800 Member
    Sounds like you're good to go

Its always good to have a plan. Waiting for tests, not knowing what to do, is so stressful.

June and July are going to be quite the months, and you will be in my thoughts and prayers. 

Lisa just had Y90 done a couple of weeks ago. Did you read her thread. She is doing well, and you will too. 

Good luck and many blessings. 

• janderson1964
    Trubrit said:

Sounds like you're good to go

Its always good to have a plan. Waiting for tests, not knowing what to do, is so stressful.

June and July are going to be quite the months, and you will be in my thoughts and prayers. 

Lisa just had Y90 done a couple of weeks ago. Did you read her thread. She is doing well, and you will too. 

Good luck and many blessings. 

Thanks. I have been following

Thanks. I have been following Lisa and Voxx66 on the colon club.

• lp1964
    lp1964 Member Posts: 1,239 Member
    Hey Jeff,

Sounds like a plan and I sense that you are excited to get something going.

I wish you the best outcome and keep us posted,

Laz

• janderson1964
    lp1964 said:

Hey Jeff,

Sounds like a plan and I sense that you are excited to get something going.

I wish you the best outcome and keep us posted,

Laz

Thanks Laz, and I am

Thanks Laz, and I am definately excited to get something going.

• Luckygirl2
    Luckygirl2 Member Posts: 308
    thinking of you

Been thinkking about you.  Glad you have a plan.  I've been off for awile trying to get my plans in place...MDA did testing on me and found I had the B RAF gene.  I hope you get the results you need.  We've got to continue to fight.  I refuse to accept a 2 year life line.  Will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.''

Debbie

• janderson1964

thinking of you

Been thinkking about you.  Glad you have a plan.  I've been off for awile trying to get my plans in place...MDA did testing on me and found I had the B RAF gene.  I hope you get the results you need.  We've got to continue to fight.  I refuse to accept a 2 year life line.  Will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.''

Debbie

It's good to hear from you.

It's good to hear from you. Have they suggested a treatment plan for the BRAF gene. That is one of the things they are going to test my biopsy for.

Good attitude and way to be proactive. We have to be our own advocate in order to survive.

• herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Lots

Sounds like a lot on the plate.  I am hoping the y90 works GREAT for you!!

Winter Marie

• janderson1964

Lots

Sounds like a lot on the plate.  I am hoping the y90 works GREAT for you!!

Winter Marie

Thanks Marie.

Thanks Marie.

• Helen321
    Helen321 Member Posts: 1,460 Member
    Sounds like a sturdy plan. 

Sounds like a sturdy plan. 

• UncleBuddy
    UncleBuddy Member Posts: 1,019 Member
    Keep moving forward

and do what you think is your best option for you. Whenever I check this site, I learn about more options to ask my brother's doctor. I hope all goes well for you. Keep that positive attitude and make sure you take care of yourself.

Hoping for the best outcome for you,

Lin