waiting, waiting...

rainsandpours
rainsandpours Member Posts: 136

Scanxiety in effect!  Had a core needle biopsy yesterday for a breast mass they've been ingoring for 2 years (and that had lit up on my PET last Oct), but my recent MRI showed growth, so Dr Evil stuck a staple gun in it yesterday (just kidding, was a special needle), and now it's off to path....and I wait most impationently.

Today was my 6 month (actually almost 8!) follow up CT for RCC, and I got the impression from tech my dr would have results by tomorrow.  That does not bode well.  When my MRI was back within hours, I braced myself for bad news which it was indeed. 

Crossing my fingers they dont torture me with having to wait over the weekend on the report.  Not that it matters much since I don't see the Uro until June 13th, nor the gen surgeon until June 18th.  I'm none to excited about possibly winning the Trifecta of cancers. 

Comments

• icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,361 Member
    Memorial Day weekend wait

My first CT was in the days leading up to Memorial Day 2002. I had peeed the wrong color. My GP  just thought I had broken a blood vessel "what me worry".

I never thought of having Cancer and who ever heard of Kidney Cancer. And I never gave a thought to something called scanziety. Maybe its better to go to the beach and enjoy for the holiday weekend than lose sleep over something you can not control.

Icemantoo

• rainsandpours
    icemantoo said:

Memorial Day weekend wait

My first CT was in the days leading up to Memorial Day 2002. I had peeed the wrong color. My GP  just thought I had broken a blood vessel "what me worry".

I never thought of having Cancer and who ever heard of Kidney Cancer. And I never gave a thought to something called scanziety. Maybe its better to go to the beach and enjoy for the holiday weekend than lose sleep over something you can not control.

Icemantoo

I typed a long reply, but my

I typed a long reply, but my stupid Windows  8 computer freaked out and it disappeared.  Gr.

Anyway, the reason I'm anxious is if my bio comes up +, it would be my 3rd cancer diagnosis in less than 2 years.  And each one is more serious than the next.  Not sure I even want to know the results....

• Phredswife
    Phredswife Member Posts: 162
    Hoping for good news for you!

Can totally understand your scanxiety. Hope the results are better than u expect. We have been waiting for over 2 weeks for Mr phreds ct scan results. Know its bad news cos the doc won't let us see it til the radiation oncologist talks to us tomorrow. Will be thinking of and praying for you. Hugs Mrs phred.

• rainsandpours

Hoping for good news for you!

Can totally understand your scanxiety. Hope the results are better than u expect. We have been waiting for over 2 weeks for Mr phreds ct scan results. Know its bad news cos the doc won't let us see it til the radiation oncologist talks to us tomorrow. Will be thinking of and praying for you. Hugs Mrs phred.

Thanks hun.  GL to you guys

Thanks hun.  GL to you guys too xox.

PS.  you can request a copy of the results from the hospital.  I always ask and sign the release form at checkin for tests.  Half the time I receive the discs and report in the mail before my doctor calls.

• Phredswife

PS.  you can request a copy of the results from the hospital.  I always ask and sign the release form at checkin for tests.  Half the time I receive the discs and report in the mail before my doctor calls.

Thanks. Might try that next

Thanks. Might try that next time. Hope you don't have to wait too much longer. xox

• Djinnie
    Djinnie Member Posts: 945 Member

Rains and Mr Phred-thinking of you both!

Rains I hope you get some news soon and that it's good news for a change, you are certainly due a break. The wait time always seems endless and you can't focus on much of anything else.

Phredswife, I can't believe you have been made to wait two weeks, talk about adding to the stress. I wish both you and Mr Phred all the best tomorrow, none of this is easy!

Keeping you both in my thoughts!

Djinnie xx

• Phredswife
    Djinnie said:

Rains and Mr Phred-thinking of you both!

Rains I hope you get some news soon and that it's good news for a change, you are certainly due a break. The wait time always seems endless and you can't focus on much of anything else.

Phredswife, I can't believe you have been made to wait two weeks, talk about adding to the stress. I wish both you and Mr Phred all the best tomorrow, none of this is easy!

Keeping you both in my thoughts!

Djinnie xx

Thanks Djinnie. Mr Phred

Thanks Djinnie. Mr Phred reminded me its actually 3 weeks. Whats worse is I caught a glimpse of what it said  on his computer screen. Looked like new lesions to me! Will know more in a few hours. Will keep u posted. Not surprised. Hubby hasnt been feeling as well over  last few weeks.

• Djinnie

Thanks Djinnie. Mr Phred

Thanks Djinnie. Mr Phred reminded me its actually 3 weeks. Whats worse is I caught a glimpse of what it said  on his computer screen. Looked like new lesions to me! Will know more in a few hours. Will keep u posted. Not surprised. Hubby hasnt been feeling as well over  last few weeks.

Where are you Mrs Phred?

I will be thinking of you both, where do you live?

Djinnie x

• Phredswife
    Djinnie said:

Where are you Mrs Phred?

I will be thinking of you both, where do you live?

Djinnie x

New Zealand. Which is a

New Zealand. Which is a lovely place to live but not so great for cancer treatment it seems.

Thanks djinnie. Really appreciate your support and so does my hubby. xox

• Djinnie

New Zealand. Which is a

New Zealand. Which is a lovely place to live but not so great for cancer treatment it seems.

Thanks djinnie. Really appreciate your support and so does my hubby. xox

New Zealand how lovely, I

New Zealand how lovely, I know it's a beautiful place to live, but like Austalia treatment is a bit limited when you have cancer. I have family in Wellington and Turangi.

Djinnie x

• Phredswife
    Djinnie said:

New Zealand how lovely, I

New Zealand how lovely, I know it's a beautiful place to live, but like Austalia treatment is a bit limited when you have cancer. I have family in Wellington and Turangi.

Djinnie x

We live between the two

We live between the two places in Manawatu. Not as pretty. My daughter says the best view of our town is when you are leaving it!! Hope you get well enough to come visit your family soon. I would love to meet you. xox

• Djinnie

We live between the two

We live between the two places in Manawatu. Not as pretty. My daughter says the best view of our town is when you are leaving it!! Hope you get well enough to come visit your family soon. I would love to meet you. xox

Visit!

That would be nice, I should probably make that one of my goals, along with seeing my grandchildren. Which could be some time off; as my daughter doesn't even have a full time boyfriend as yet, lol!

Take care:)

Djinnie x

• Phredswife
    Djinnie said:

Visit!

That would be nice, I should probably make that one of my goals, along with seeing my grandchildren. Which could be some time off; as my daughter doesn't even have a full time boyfriend as yet, lol!

Take care:)

Djinnie x

You too. Haha xox

You too. Haha xox