John (Skiffin) Update of 5/16/14

Ingrid K
Ingrid K Member Posts: 813

Just a quick update on our bud, John.   He coninues his recovery, but has developed some sort of infection that they are culturing so they can find the right antibiotic.

in the meantime, he has been suffering with bad bouts of nausea and just generally feeling poorly.

So, continued prayers and good mojo requested. 

We need him back on here bestowing his words of wisdom !!

thank you all

Comments

• Goyca
    Goyca Member Posts: 220
    My prayers are with him.

My prayers are with him. Tomorrow i am going to a certain praying place for the sick and i will hold John in my prayers.

• hwt
    hwt Member Posts: 2,328 Member
    Goyca said:

My prayers are with him.

My prayers are with him. Tomorrow i am going to a certain praying place for the sick and i will hold John in my prayers.

T&P

Sending thoughts and prayers to John and Shelley. 

• phrannie51
    phrannie51 Member Posts: 4,716
    Well....crap!!

I'm sorry he's still battling the nausea....and now an infection.  Keeping you in my pocket, John....Joe's in there, too....you can swap fishing stories :).  Sending lots of positive thoughts and prayers.

p

• KTeacher
    KTeacher Member Posts: 1,103 Member
    Not good

I was hoping that he was sailing through recovery.  Hopefully once they know what bug he has and he gets the correct antibiotics he will finally start feeling well.  Keep up the good fight and prayers to you both, I know it is hard for the caregiver.

• debbiejeanne
    debbiejeanne Member Posts: 3,102 Member
    ingrid, thank you for the

ingrid, thank you for the update.  sending prayers to john and shelley.

dj

• Guzzle
    Guzzle Member Posts: 710

ingrid, thank you for the

ingrid, thank you for the update.  sending prayers to john and shelley.

dj

Hes a strong Fellow

And Im thinking of them both. G.

• katenorwood
    katenorwood Member Posts: 1,912
    Ingrid

Please let Shelley and John know our prayers and positive thoughts continue.  He will get to the other side of this, he is so strong.  And by the way you....thank you !  I am amazed at what a wonderful friend you are to each and everyone of us !  Bless you Ingrid !  Hugs sent !  Katie

• donfoo
    donfoo Member Posts: 1,773 Member
    Thanks

Wishing John a smoother and speedier path to recovery but he is a tuff dude and will endure this short stretch of bumpy road. Don

• patricke
    patricke Member Posts: 570 Member
    UPDATE

Thank you for the update Ingrid.  I'm sending lots of all of the best thoughts, wishes and mojo to John.  I'm hoping that he will soon get past these infectious, and nausea issues and will be back to giving full focus to the recovery road. 

PATRICK

• CivilMatt
    CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,724 Member
    get better

Thanks Ingrid!

John,

I hope you get all “life conditions “  back to their abi-normal state soon.

I miss your banter and look forward to hearing from you.

Matt

• catfish_58
    catfish_58 Member Posts: 138 Member
    Get well soon

Hope John gets to feelin better real soon,Prayers for you John hurry up and get back in the groove

• Laralyn
    Laralyn Member Posts: 532
    Do let him know we're thinking of him!

Tell him to hang in there--he's gotten through worse and been back to normal life, and the same will happen here! 

• Jan Trinks
    Jan Trinks Member Posts: 477
    Prayers for John

Ingrid:

Thanks so much for keeping us updated.  Will be praying for him and Shelley and hope this bump in the road to recovery is gone soon.!

Jan (Basketcase)

• HAWVET
    HAWVET Member Posts: 318

Prayers for John

Ingrid:

Thanks so much for keeping us updated.  Will be praying for him and Shelley and hope this bump in the road to recovery is gone soon.!

Jan (Basketcase)

Continuing on with another

Continuing on with another prayer for John.  Thanks for the update.

• Grandmax4
    Grandmax4 Member Posts: 723
    Keeping

you and Shelley in my prayers, hope the infection is clearing and you'll soon be back to your ornery self

• Roar
    Roar Member Posts: 269 Member
    Been out foe a while

What was the diagnosis? Did he have to go through chemo and rads ? Haven't checked in for a while

• jim and i
    jim and i Member Posts: 1,788 Member
    Oh no! Definately praying for

Oh no! Definately praying for a quick recovery and healing.

Debbie

• debbiejeanne
    debbiejeanne Member Posts: 3,102 Member
    Roar said:

Been out foe a while

What was the diagnosis? Did he have to go through chemo and rads ? Haven't checked in for a while

roar, no, there we NO cancer,

roar, no, there we NO cancer, whoooohoooooo.  he has been recovering well but then got hit by some nausea and an infection.  infection gone now just bouts of nausea.  he is feeling better tho.

dj