Hi Saddinholland

I_Promise
I_Promise Member Posts: 218 Member

I wanted to know how is your husband doing with his reccurence? I have been on this board a lot and I though maybe a missed an update. I think about you guys often. I hope to hear that he is doing great and that the tumor is shrunk and is sleeping again.

J.

Comments

• sadinholland
    sadinholland Member Posts: 248
    Hello I_Promise!

Good to hear from you! How are things with your sister? I pray they are still going well. My husband is ok. He is still taking CCNU and we have an appointment Tuesday. I am hoping they will tell us the CCNU is working. He seems to be doing ok. He's tired, and the CCNU gets him the first week after taking it but other than that, from what I can tell, he's tolerating it pretty good. He's gotten so he doesn't tell me anything anymore so I worry all the time. I'm trying to keep a positive attitude and believe it's working but at the same time I am so scared of what may come. Iths good hearing from you! I never see anyone on this board I am familiar with anymore. After Cindysuetoyou left, it seems everyone else left too. I hope everyone is doing well. Keep in touch! God Bless!

• sadinholland

Hello I_Promise!

Good to hear from you! How are things with your sister? I pray they are still going well. My husband is ok. He is still taking CCNU and we have an appointment Tuesday. I am hoping they will tell us the CCNU is working. He seems to be doing ok. He's tired, and the CCNU gets him the first week after taking it but other than that, from what I can tell, he's tolerating it pretty good. He's gotten so he doesn't tell me anything anymore so I worry all the time. I'm trying to keep a positive attitude and believe it's working but at the same time I am so scared of what may come. Iths good hearing from you! I never see anyone on this board I am familiar with anymore. After Cindysuetoyou left, it seems everyone else left too. I hope everyone is doing well. Keep in touch! God Bless!

Good Results!.....CCNU

I am happy to report that my husband's tumor is smaller since his last MRI. He has  been taking CCNU for 3 cycles and it seems to be shrinking the tumor! That's what the Oncologist told us today. He was very amassed. He said this happens in 5% of the patients. He will continue taking it for 2 more cycles and then have another MRI. I am very thankful for this report! God Bless!

• I_Promise

Good Results!.....CCNU

I am happy to report that my husband's tumor is smaller since his last MRI. He has  been taking CCNU for 3 cycles and it seems to be shrinking the tumor! That's what the Oncologist told us today. He was very amassed. He said this happens in 5% of the patients. He will continue taking it for 2 more cycles and then have another MRI. I am very thankful for this report! God Bless!

Wow I am so happy for you both!

This is GREAT news!!!

What a nice way to start my morning! Please let me know how are things in two cycles. My sister's MRIs are very good. The radialologist says "cancer free". Her neuro-oncologist is spacing her MRIs to every three months. The only glitch is that she running out of her current insurance and might have to go on another insurance. I don't know how good the new one will be. So that stresses me out a bit. But in the grand scheme of things, "cancer free" trumps everything. This comming August it will be three years since her diagnosis.

I miss CindySuetoyou on this board. She gave me so much wisdom.

xoxo

J.

• sadinholland
    I_Promise said:

Wow I am so happy for you both!

This is GREAT news!!!

What a nice way to start my morning! Please let me know how are things in two cycles. My sister's MRIs are very good. The radialologist says "cancer free". Her neuro-oncologist is spacing her MRIs to every three months. The only glitch is that she running out of her current insurance and might have to go on another insurance. I don't know how good the new one will be. So that stresses me out a bit. But in the grand scheme of things, "cancer free" trumps everything. This comming August it will be three years since her diagnosis.

I miss CindySuetoyou on this board. She gave me so much wisdom.

xoxo

J.

Hi I_Promise

I hope your sister is still doing well. My husband was suppose to start his 4th cycle of CCNU this past Friday but his blood count was too low. This scares me a little because now there's nothing preventing growth. I'm doing my best to believe this is just a minor setback and everything will be alright.This is the first time we have had anything like this to happen and it scares me. He seems to be doing ok. The doc did say he has to watch and if he feels ill and his temp reaches 100.3, go to the emergency room. I haven't seen any post from you so I believe no news is good news! God Bless!

• I_Promise
    what about...

a neupogen shot to increase the white count? It works pretty fast. I am not an oncologist so I don't know how soon your husband could start again.

yes, my sister is doing well.

• sadinholland
    I_Promise said:

what about...

a neupogen shot to increase the white count? It works pretty fast. I am not an oncologist so I don't know how soon your husband could start again.

yes, my sister is doing well.

Thank you! I will ask about

Thank you! I will ask about the shot. They told us there was nothing they could do about it, that the body would have to get is numbers up and they didn't know how much time it would take. Now I hear about this shot and someone else says something about infusions. I will be addressing all of this with his NO in the morning. God Bless!

• sadinholland

Thank you! I will ask about

Thank you! I will ask about the shot. They told us there was nothing they could do about it, that the body would have to get is numbers up and they didn't know how much time it would take. Now I hear about this shot and someone else says something about infusions. I will be addressing all of this with his NO in the morning. God Bless!

I am glad to hear your sister

I am glad to hear your sister is doing well! Praise God!!!

• sadinholland

I am glad to hear your sister

I am glad to hear your sister is doing well! Praise God!!!

Back to CCNU

Glad to report his count went up enough to start his chemo! God Bless!