you're

in my thoughts and prayers everyday..

• hwt
    hwt Member Posts: 2,328 Member
    Grandmax4 said:

you're

in my thoughts and prayers everyday..

Pat

I just finished my last Erbitux tx at BJWest last Thursday. 12 weeks and side effects were minimal. I also had Taxol every 3rd week. They say we are in one of the states that have reactions to Erbitux on the 1st tx. Don looked it up and found it may have something to do with ticks in this region. My Onc had told me no one on the coasts every has had that bad reaction on the initial tx. Sorry, it happened to you. After 2012 w/rads and Cisplatin, this was much easier. Thinning hair and very late in the 12 tx some mouth pain and one toenail sensative. The rash/acne was been there but not too bad. Hope you are thru the worst with that initial reaction. 

Prayers continue your way

Candi

• Greg53
    Greg53 Member Posts: 849
    hwt said:

Pat

I just finished my last Erbitux tx at BJWest last Thursday. 12 weeks and side effects were minimal. I also had Taxol every 3rd week. They say we are in one of the states that have reactions to Erbitux on the 1st tx. Don looked it up and found it may have something to do with ticks in this region. My Onc had told me no one on the coasts every has had that bad reaction on the initial tx. Sorry, it happened to you. After 2012 w/rads and Cisplatin, this was much easier. Thinning hair and very late in the 12 tx some mouth pain and one toenail sensative. The rash/acne was been there but not too bad. Hope you are thru the worst with that initial reaction. 

Prayers continue your way

Candi

Pat

Pat,

You Da Man!  Sending you some Mojo!

Greg

• josh r.
    josh r. Member Posts: 264 Member
    Hang in as always Pat

Pat,

I am so sorry I missed this post of yours. Your thoughts in your posts are so encouraging and positive and I am sending you the same. Like you I am a "long time survivor" and intend to remain that way for quite some time and I hope that's your game plan as well. You, like so many of our brothers and sisters are in my thoughts and prayers. All your positive vibes that you have sent our way are heading back to you in full. josh r.

• Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Hi Pat

So sorry to hear this but remember I too was once told the same thing after my 2nd treatment for NPC and was only giving 6 month to a year at best back in 2006. I too am barley able to talk anymore my voice it just about gone. I told the Wife we need to learn sign Language and learn it fast. I am praying for you my brother.

God Bless

Tim Hondo

• luv4lacrosse
    luv4lacrosse Member Posts: 1,410 Member

making progress

so after four revisions, my G tube works just fine.  Wow, what a blessing.  I got the dang thing because I could't swallow, yet lost fifteen pounds in three weeks while it malfunctioned.  Got my power port back again, my veins thank you very much.  Got my second chemo day before yesterday.  They had to stop my erbitux as I had a major allergic reaction halfway through.   Ive had a postive response to chemo, much less pain, etc, and made it back home after a four day stay in St Louis.  All things considered, I feel pretty good right now.    Headed back next week to retry the erbitux.   Making progress on transferring care back here, in all, pretty good.  I appreciate what has been said above. 

Keep the faith.

Pat

Great news

Pat, that's great news. Cancer tries to rob you, and you keep coming up swinging. I'm glad I logged on today as after the news from my doc yesterday, you as always inspire me to keep swinging.

Best

Mike

• joannaw81
    joannaw81 Member Posts: 185 Member
    josh r. said:

Hang in as always Pat

Pat,

I am so sorry I missed this post of yours. Your thoughts in your posts are so encouraging and positive and I am sending you the same. Like you I am a "long time survivor" and intend to remain that way for quite some time and I hope that's your game plan as well. You, like so many of our brothers and sisters are in my thoughts and prayers. All your positive vibes that you have sent our way are heading back to you in full. josh r.

Hello Pat

As much as care about every person who has entered this forum I always thought you are the smartest and most sincere. When I read your post I wanted to screa, NOOOOOOOOO! Your responses are always honest and positive. You had always helped me when I had questions, thank you for that. All I can say is that you can do it, believe in yourself and in God. I will pray for you, you have my word.

• jim and i
    jim and i Member Posts: 1,788 Member

making progress

so after four revisions, my G tube works just fine.  Wow, what a blessing.  I got the dang thing because I could't swallow, yet lost fifteen pounds in three weeks while it malfunctioned.  Got my power port back again, my veins thank you very much.  Got my second chemo day before yesterday.  They had to stop my erbitux as I had a major allergic reaction halfway through.   Ive had a postive response to chemo, much less pain, etc, and made it back home after a four day stay in St Louis.  All things considered, I feel pretty good right now.    Headed back next week to retry the erbitux.   Making progress on transferring care back here, in all, pretty good.  I appreciate what has been said above. 

Keep the faith.

Pat

Pleased to hear all is going

Pleased to hear all is going well. I pray you get treatment home soon.

Bless you and yours,

Debbie

• patricke
    patricke Member Posts: 570 Member
    NEW PATH

Hey Pat,

I'm so sorry to hear about this reoccurrence, un-freaking-believable!!  In regard to communication, since being a laryngectomee, I have discovered a couple of items that have been very helpful for me at times that when I need to clarify what I am trying to say with my electro-larynex.  First is the Brookstone Boogie Board LED writing tablet, which comes in two sizes, and second; if you have an I Pad, there is a free application, Speak It, which converts writing to speech, and gives you the option of speaking in a variety of voices (I prefer Brittish, and sometimes female just for fun).  I hope that you do not have any more treatment problems, and I send you my warmest, heartfelt best wishes for the best possible treatment outcome.  I always appreciate your comments, thank you.

PATRICK  

• Guzzle
    Guzzle Member Posts: 710
    patricke said:

NEW PATH

Hey Pat,

I'm so sorry to hear about this reoccurrence, un-freaking-believable!!  In regard to communication, since being a laryngectomee, I have discovered a couple of items that have been very helpful for me at times that when I need to clarify what I am trying to say with my electro-larynex.  First is the Brookstone Boogie Board LED writing tablet, which comes in two sizes, and second; if you have an I Pad, there is a free application, Speak It, which converts writing to speech, and gives you the option of speaking in a variety of voices (I prefer Brittish, and sometimes female just for fun).  I hope that you do not have any more treatment problems, and I send you my warmest, heartfelt best wishes for the best possible treatment outcome.  I always appreciate your comments, thank you.

PATRICK  

I commend you sir...

In your choice of British Females for fun! (Hope you don't mind the humour guys) The very best to you, G.

• Grandmax4
    Grandmax4 Member Posts: 723
    Just wanted

to say "hi" and pray your health is holding..we all miss your wisdom and knowledge, hope your care is now closer to your home..thinking of you and yours

• Roar
    Roar Member Posts: 269 Member
    Pulling for you

Sorry to hear about the recurrence - you always have such good advise and you are one of the few who i actually listen to. Hope you do well in the new battle- prayers and positive thoughts to you

• wmc
    wmc Member Posts: 1,804
    Sorry to hear Pat.

Truly sorry to hear it is back Pat. Thought's, prayers, and peace be with you.

wmc

• patricke
    patricke Member Posts: 570 Member

making progress

Keep the faith.

Pat

PROGRESS

Hey Pat,

I'm glad to hear that the treatment process is getting progressively better, in spite of the three steps forward, one step back that you are having to endure.  I don't know if you can or will be able to handle it, but if you are going to be on the G Tube for awhile, you might want to consider blending (Vitamix of course) your meals to maintain a balanced diet, and get away from canned nutrition.  I send you picturesque wilderness trail thoughts, images, and energy to keep you movin forward.

PATRICK

• rarph123
    rarph123 Member Posts: 64
    same here

2011 DX. BOT and lung cancer.-- 2014 Lung cancer returned along with prostrate and bladder cancer.

I cannot have rads again on lung so @ 80 yrs. old they are planing on removing my right lower lobe,(no Vac) it will be a tough road to follow. Trying to sort out the bladder problen,it has 4cm and afraid it has in the muscel and how will treatment be possible during or after lung operation.My 2nd option is chemo and I really hate that stuff--so who ever reads this---give your opinion Chemo or operation ? I have faith I can beat this, 

• debbiejeanne
    debbiejeanne Member Posts: 3,102 Member
    rarph123 said:

same here

2011 DX. BOT and lung cancer.-- 2014 Lung cancer returned along with prostrate and bladder cancer.

I cannot have rads again on lung so @ 80 yrs. old they are planing on removing my right lower lobe,(no Vac) it will be a tough road to follow. Trying to sort out the bladder problen,it has 4cm and afraid it has in the muscel and how will treatment be possible during or after lung operation.My 2nd option is chemo and I really hate that stuff--so who ever reads this---give your opinion Chemo or operation ? I have faith I can beat this, 

rarph, i've never had chemo

rarph, i've never had chemo so i can't say but i wanted you to know i wish you the best and i will be praying for you to get better.  please let us know what you decide and how you do.  i'm so sorry about your news.

God bless you,

dj

• Ladylacy
    Ladylacy Member Posts: 773 Member
    rarph123 said:

same here

Chemo/Operation

My husband's first primary was laryngeal cancer, large tumor but no spread.  Then he was diagnosed with a second primary which reoccurred after treatment and spread to his right lung, he decided enough was enough.    Only thing offered was chemo and we were told upfront it would only prolong, not cure, and possibly hasten.  Today we are 15 months out from being told this and he is still here and doing fair.  He is able to do for himself but tires easily.  He has been on hospice since September 2013.  While he is not 80, he is very close to it.  He just said that after 72 rounds of radiation, 10 rounds of chemo and major surgery he had had enough.  Chemo is very hard on anyone and I'm sure the older we get, the harder it is and the same goes for surgery.  Just remember everyone reacts differently to treatment.  With your spirit and faith, I'll bet you can beat it too.

Wishing you peace and comfort -- Sharon

• FRONT AND CENTER
    FRONT AND CENTER Member Posts: 29
    Lifting you UP in prayer

I would make the same decision.  

Bless and be blessed.

Kelly