Comments

• CajunEagle
    CajunEagle Member Posts: 408
    PJ47 said:

Yeah

Oh to be so unremarkable as you,

PJ

Yea, I'm at that point also.

At this time five years ago, I was going through treatment for stage 4, left Tonsil, and I was absolutely miserable.  The second round of chemo had really hit me hard, and I knew I had four more to go.  I had not even started my 35 rounds of radiation, so in effect, I was not looking forward to the immediate future.  This discussion board really helped me get through it all, by educating me as to what was to be expected, and providing little tips through personal experiences.  I finished up treatment in the first week in June of 2009, and began the somewhat long struggle of re-learning to talk, eat, and gaining my strength and stamina. I luckily had just retired from 30 years of teaching prior to my diagnosis, so now I'm feeling great.  Really enjoying my days of fishing, playing golf with some of the elder gentlemen at the course down the street, and running 5k's every third day (if the weather cooperates).  Having a great time traveling with my wife, who has educational contract services with Wyoming, Washington state, Maryland, and Puerto Rico and spending time in Jacksonville Beach with my daughter....son/in/law....and 17 month old grandson.  I still have my up and down days, but the downers are less and less.

Larry

• Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member

Yea, I'm at that point also.

At this time five years ago, I was going through treatment for stage 4, left Tonsil, and I was absolutely miserable.  The second round of chemo had really hit me hard, and I knew I had four more to go.  I had not even started my 35 rounds of radiation, so in effect, I was not looking forward to the immediate future.  This discussion board really helped me get through it all, by educating me as to what was to be expected, and providing little tips through personal experiences.  I finished up treatment in the first week in June of 2009, and began the somewhat long struggle of re-learning to talk, eat, and gaining my strength and stamina. I luckily had just retired from 30 years of teaching prior to my diagnosis, so now I'm feeling great.  Really enjoying my days of fishing, playing golf with some of the elder gentlemen at the course down the street, and running 5k's every third day (if the weather cooperates).  Having a great time traveling with my wife, who has educational contract services with Wyoming, Washington state, Maryland, and Puerto Rico and spending time in Jacksonville Beach with my daughter....son/in/law....and 17 month old grandson.  I still have my up and down days, but the downers are less and less.

Larry

JB...

Awesome....

We need to try and get together sometime when you're in JB...

JG

• Guzzle
    Guzzle Member Posts: 710
    Skiffin16 said:

JB...

Awesome....

We need to try and get together sometime when you're in JB...

JG

Thank you for this link. I am

Thank you for this link. I am so pleased for you mate. All the best from Liverpool England.

• joannaw81
    joannaw81 Member Posts: 185 Member
    Guzzle said:

Thank you for this link. I am

Thank you for this link. I am so pleased for you mate. All the best from Liverpool England.

great news

great news, keep it up!

• Duggie88
    Duggie88 Member Posts: 760 Member
    John

I've been unremarkable all my life, I sorta figure its a good way not to draw attention to myself. I was remarkable once in school when my english teacher gave my homework back with a D grade and I made a smart comment and she remarked it with an F.  It was at that point I becaome unremarkable for good.

As I said on Fakebook.....................I celebrate with you my friend.

Jeff

• Noellesmom
    Noellesmom Member Posts: 1,859 Member
    Duggie88 said:

John

I've been unremarkable all my life, I sorta figure its a good way not to draw attention to myself. I was remarkable once in school when my english teacher gave my homework back with a D grade and I made a smart comment and she remarked it with an F.  It was at that point I becaome unremarkable for good.

As I said on Fakebook.....................I celebrate with you my friend.

Jeff

wonderful news!

Very happy for you, John.

• michdjp
    michdjp Member Posts: 220
    Way to go
    Sorry for the late response I'm so happy for your good news! God bless
    All my best
    Michelle
  • cureitall66
    cureitall66 Member Posts: 913

.....to an Unremarkable, Remarkable man!Tongue Out