My new path

Comments

• MarineE5
    MarineE5 Member Posts: 1,034 Member
    Echo

Pat,

I can only echo the words that everyone has already written. You are in my Thoughts and Prayers.

My Best to You and Everyone Here

• luv4lacrosse
    luv4lacrosse Member Posts: 1,410 Member
    Keep battling on

Pat, sorry to hear this. I to have been battling a recurrence since Sept of 2012. I had to stop my Taxotere as it has caused Vascular Leak Syndrome and I had to have a Pleural X drain installed so I can drain fluid from my Pleural Cavity. Now wondering how long I can go with no visible cancer in my lungs or nodes without chemo.

prayeres and positive thoughts on the way.

Mike

• D Lewis
    D Lewis Member Posts: 1,581 Member
    So very sorry to hear this, Pat

You have been a source of information, consolation and support for as long as I have been here. I can't imagine this place without you. Damn this miserable disease.  Sending healing thoughts to you and your family. I hope that you can quickly resolve the long-distance medical issues, and find comfort and love surrounded by your family and friends.

Deb

• hwt
    hwt Member Posts: 2,328 Member
    D Lewis said:

So very sorry to hear this, Pat

You have been a source of information, consolation and support for as long as I have been here. I can't imagine this place without you. Damn this miserable disease.  Sending healing thoughts to you and your family. I hope that you can quickly resolve the long-distance medical issues, and find comfort and love surrounded by your family and friends.

Deb

Pat

So upset to read your post. Sending countless prayers your way. I have always admired your knowledge and honesty in each of your posts and look forward to the same, as you are able. I hope we are able to offer the support that you have given so many of us. I believe God has a plan for each of us [content removed by CSN community manager]. 

God Bless,

Candi

• cureitall66
    cureitall66 Member Posts: 913
    Good thoughts your way.....

Now it's our turn to give back to YOU! Please keep updating us ....we want to hear from you!

~C

• Mrs. Sarge
    Mrs. Sarge Member Posts: 206 Member
    Pat

So sorry to hear about your latest battles.  We've been missing you on the boards and your experienced answers and explanations.  I was just thinking of you this morning and low and behold we hear why you've been absent for a spell.  Know we're thinking of you and please keep us posted as you can and we're definitely in your corner!!!  Best to you and wife!

• joannaw81
    joannaw81 Member Posts: 185 Member
    So truly sorry

I am so truly sorry to hear this, it breaks my heart to read this. Please do not give up and keep fighting. I will be praying for you.

• HAWVET
    HAWVET Member Posts: 318
    joannaw81 said:

So truly sorry

I am so truly sorry to hear this, it breaks my heart to read this. Please do not give up and keep fighting. I will be praying for you.

Sad to hear or read these

Sad to hear or read these type of news.  Adding mine and hope the many prayers going your way takes you back on the right path.

• Mikemetz
    Mikemetz Member Posts: 465 Member
    Still stunned

Pat and I PM quite a bit, and he told me this news two days ago that way.  I am still stunned to hear it, even for a second time.  As with any large family (I am one of eight kids in mine), we tend to form bonds with different siblings at different levels.  We love all of them but at the same time we have various kinds of relationships among them.  Pat took me under his wing when I first saw my ORN problems escalating and has been a friend and mentor to me for the last couple years.  As we all know, he is a very wise man, who has given all of us so much great advice on this forum.

I am at a loss for any more words right now so will sign off.

mike

• cid817
    cid817 Member Posts: 58
    Prayers

So sorry to hear this news, Pat.  Sending you positive thoughts and prayers to you and your wife.

Cindy

• ratface
    ratface Member Posts: 1,337 Member
    cid817 said:

Prayers

So sorry to hear this news, Pat.  Sending you positive thoughts and prayers to you and your wife.

Cindy

yet another

person that Pat has taken the time to help in a very personal way. Thank-you!

• arndog64
    arndog64 Member Posts: 537
    ratface said:

yet another

person that Pat has taken the time to help in a very personal way. Thank-you!

Darn it!!!

I am so sorry to hear of your re-accurance... It's nice to know that you have a wonderful wife by your side.

Take care my friend.. I am praying for you...

• tommyodavey
    tommyodavey Member Posts: 728 Member
    arndog64 said:

Darn it!!!

I am so sorry to hear of your re-accurance... It's nice to know that you have a wonderful wife by your side.

Take care my friend.. I am praying for you...

Very Upsetting News

Pat,

With you being one of the regulars here who's opinion I keep in high regard, this was the worst possible news to read.

Just do what's in front of you and enjoy life as much as possible.  Who knows how many years you have in front of you?

Tom

• longtermsurvivor
    longtermsurvivor Member Posts: 1,842 Member
    making progress

so after four revisions, my G tube works just fine.  Wow, what a blessing.  I got the dang thing because I could't swallow, yet lost fifteen pounds in three weeks while it malfunctioned.  Got my power port back again, my veins thank you very much.  Got my second chemo day before yesterday.  They had to stop my erbitux as I had a major allergic reaction halfway through.   Ive had a postive response to chemo, much less pain, etc, and made it back home after a four day stay in St Louis.  All things considered, I feel pretty good right now.    Headed back next week to retry the erbitux.   Making progress on transferring care back here, in all, pretty good.  I appreciate what has been said above. 

Keep the faith.

Pat

• Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member

making progress

so after four revisions, my G tube works just fine.  Wow, what a blessing.  I got the dang thing because I could't swallow, yet lost fifteen pounds in three weeks while it malfunctioned.  Got my power port back again, my veins thank you very much.  Got my second chemo day before yesterday.  They had to stop my erbitux as I had a major allergic reaction halfway through.   Ive had a postive response to chemo, much less pain, etc, and made it back home after a four day stay in St Louis.  All things considered, I feel pretty good right now.    Headed back next week to retry the erbitux.   Making progress on transferring care back here, in all, pretty good.  I appreciate what has been said above. 

Keep the faith.

Pat

In Your Corner...

A lot of people in your corner...

If you need anything, you know how to get a hold...

John

• phrannie51
    phrannie51 Member Posts: 4,716

making progress

Keep the faith.

Pat

Keeping you close in my

thoughts, Pat....it makes me happy to hear that moving treatments closer to home is progressing....

p

• cureitall66
    cureitall66 Member Posts: 913
    Keep rollin'....

Pat,

Glad to hear they got the peg and port straightened out for you. 

Keep rollin' and stay with the punches, you're a strong soul that has never backed down once, don't let this one get you down.

~C

• donfoo
    donfoo Member Posts: 1,773 Member
    Skiffin16 said:

In Your Corner...

A lot of people in your corner...

If you need anything, you know how to get a hold...

John

Ditto..

Corner is SRO! Thanks for checking in.

• debbiejeanne
    debbiejeanne Member Posts: 3,102 Member

making progress

Keep the faith.

Pat

pat, glad to hear things are

pat, glad to hear things are moving along and home tx is getting closer to home.  i'm sorry you had a bad reaction to the erbitux.  i hope all is back to normal now.  praying it works better when they try it again next week.  good to hear you are feeling pretty good right now and I'm praying it stays that way.  you are always in our thoughts and prayers and we are here on the sidelines cheering you on as you have so many of us.  thank you for the update and we look forward to more as that tells us you are feeling ok!

God bless you, Pat.

dj

• Mikemetz
    Mikemetz Member Posts: 465 Member

making progress

Keep the faith.

Pat

Good on ya!

Pat,

Glad to hear your tube is working properly and giving you some relief.  You are in my thoughts every day.

Mike