Hard bumps

Hi I'm crossing boards again. I had rectal cancer, rectal and anus removal. I've been having breast pain for years went onto the breast board to discuss. No one can explain it. Crossing again because there are three distinct hard bumps in my vagina. They felt like normal bumps a few weeks ago. Now they are hard and larger.I'm also having burning.  Something you can't discuss on a board full of men.  I just got a clean scan in July. Clean coloscopy in January and now this. I've had enough. I hate that every time I find a bump or something is wrong I spend days thinking it's cancer. I'm just tired so of this.

Comments

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,360 Member
    Helen, something we have all

Helen, something we have all heard, "with your history", meaning having had cancer, we do worry and should check out changes in our body.  Have you gone to a gynecologist or can your gynecologist recommend a gynecological oncologist, a doctor who specializes in cancers of the female reproductive track? 

I am sorry I can't offer you any help, but you are right to investigate this.  My prayers are you can find out what is going on, that is minor or nothing, and you can get some rest.

• ccfighter
    ccfighter Member Posts: 476
    Hi Helen,
    welcome to the gyn

Hi Helen,

welcome to the gyn boards.  I'm sorry that you have to go through the worry of something new popping up, we all know what this is like after having a cancer diagnosis.  I of course will recommend having this investigated either by your colorectal surgeon or a gyn oncologist.  Considering the close proximity of the rectum to the vagina a recurrence is a worry, but also remember that the surgery you had and radiation as well will start a cycle of scar tissue formation which could explain the bumps.  having had cervical cancer I am checked via digital rectal exam during my pelvic exams for recurrence.  Hopefully these bumps will turn out to have a simple cause.  I have scans and pelvic exams every three months.  Congrats on the NED status from your past scans and exams and praying they continue.  Hugs.

• Helen321
    Helen321 Member Posts: 1,459 Member
    Thanks for responding.  I

Thanks for responding.  I went to a GYN and she said that she would feel more comfortable for me to go to a GYN oncologist so that was a bust.  I have an appt. Thurs.  Unfortunately, I now have another larger bump on the outside as well.  I'm thinking this can't be cancer because it would take time for a tumor to grow and the one on the outside is large.  Maybe some sort of virus.  I read that after chemo and major surgeries, viruses are not uncommon.  There are 30 different things it could be.   I also have a swollen gland in my neck but I went to the dentist recently for a root canal so I attributed it to that.  NED definitely gave me a great relief for a period of time, I just need to get these lumps resolved so I can let my brain go back in to "safety" mode. 

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,360 Member
    Helen321 said:

Thanks for responding.  I went to a GYN and she said that she would feel more comfortable for me to go to a GYN oncologist so that was a bust.  I have an appt. Thurs.  Unfortunately, I now have another larger bump on the outside as well.  I'm thinking this can't be cancer because it would take time for a tumor to grow and the one on the outside is large.  Maybe some sort of virus.  I read that after chemo and major surgeries, viruses are not uncommon.  There are 30 different things it could be.   I also have a swollen gland in my neck but I went to the dentist recently for a root canal so I attributed it to that.  NED definitely gave me a great relief for a period of time, I just need to get these lumps resolved so I can let my brain go back in to "safety" mode. 

Wishing you all the luck. 

Wishing you all the luck.  Please let us know.

• ccfighter
    Helen321 said:

positive energy for your

positive energy for your upcoming appointment.  Good luck.

• Helen321
    Helen321 Member Posts: 1,459 Member
    ccfighter said:

positive energy for your

positive energy for your upcoming appointment.  Good luck.

Thanks!  I'm nervous but hey

Thanks!  I'm nervous but hey it's already whatever it is, you can only deal with it when you know.  Of course, I say that now, let's see what I'm saying at bedtime.  lol  I just need this to be a virus.  I'm really just tired.

• ccfighter
    Helen321 said:

Thanks!  I'm nervous but hey

Thanks!  I'm nervous but hey it's already whatever it is, you can only deal with it when you know.  Of course, I say that now, let's see what I'm saying at bedtime.  lol  I just need this to be a virus.  I'm really just tired.

Routing on a virus!!  Go

Routing on a virus!!  Go Herpes!!  You will be fine.  Sleep well.  Whatever it is, you will survive.  Dream of your future, enjoy each moment, laugh lots.  Sometimes easier said then done, I know, but i believe in a long happy future for you.  Hugs.