Weak Right leg, Hurts when I walk and at Times I fall

Hi Every-one this is my 1st post. I will get to my point. I was diagnosed with non hodgkins Lymphoma 8 years ago and in 2013 I started treatment with chemo after 12 treatments it did not work, next I was treated with 20 sessions of radiation. The radiation did shirking the tree lymph nodes on my right leg.

Moving forward 6-months I started having  constant pain and weakness in my right leg. The other concern I have the right leg would just give out with no warning and I would find myself on the ground. I made an appointment with my oncologist and she said to start physio and the radiation is shrinking the 3 swollen nodes and they are aggravating the scar tissue on my arteries’ causing nerve pain and the weakening of my leg. This explanation did not make any sense to me. I went to my family doctor and he couldn’t figure out why my leg was in constant pain and also the weakening of the leg. He sent me to have an MRI done and it was discovered that I had a 4-centemeter lymph node growing in my right groin. As a follow-up I did see the family doctor and he had no answers other than for me to contact my Oncologist and challenge her on her diagnoses.

I am looking for suggestions at this point. Falling scares the hell out of me because it happens with no warning and I can start breaking bones.

Comments

• COBRA666
    COBRA666 Member Posts: 2,401 Member
    Leg weakness and pain

This is just a suggestion. Have a dopler done on your lower extremities to check circulation. Blockages can cause the same symtoms. Heart Drs. are the ones I suggest. John

• edgenet
    edgenet Member Posts: 2
    COBRA666 said:

Leg weakness and pain

This is just a suggestion. Have a dopler done on your lower extremities to check circulation. Blockages can cause the same symtoms. Heart Drs. are the ones I suggest. John

Thank-you for your feedback i

Thank-you for your feedback i will sugest this to my family doctor. The thing I keep on going back to is the  4-centemeter lymph node in my right groin area it is very painful when I strech the legs side-ways also very painful when walking. It sure is a **** when no-one seems to know what to do.

• Rocquie
    Rocquie Member Posts: 869 Member
    Welcome

Hello Edge and welcome to the group. I'm sorry you are having so many problems. Falling is serious and I'm sure it does scare you. And yes, you could break bones. Might I suggest you get yourself a cane to walk with, for safety, until you can get to the bottom of this. You may not want to and you may feel that it might make you look "old" or "vulnerable" but it is much better to let others think their own thoughts and keep yourself safe.

Your post makes me want to ask a lot of questions. You say you were diagnosed with lymphoma 8 years ago but only started treatment in 2013. I have to assume you have an indolent type. We get pretty specific here because there are so many types of lymphoma and many treatments. If you give more detail, someone with a similar diagnosis and treatment might be able to offer more specifics about experience. 

You also state your chemo didn't work--not sure exactly what you mean. . .

John's advice is good. I first thought of peripheral neuropathy which is a side-effect of some chemos. A Neurologist would diagnose that. 

Also, you don't mention is you have had any PET scans?

It sounds like you may need a second oncology opinion, but without more facts, I hesitate to offer much else.

Again, welcome to the group and I hope someone here can help you figure out all your questions.

Best,

Rocquie