Un-Remarkable...

Skiffin16
Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
edited March 2014 in Head and Neck Cancer #1

And I kind of thought of myself as pretty remarkable...

ct

I started this journey as many of you...

January 5th, 2009... diagnosed STGIII SCC Tonsils HPV+. Sixteen weeks of four types of chemo, seven concurrent with 35 daily rads sessions, bolted to a table and receiving daily injections of Amifosrine in my stomach each day...

LOL, well OK, maybe not the same as many of you....

Fast forward five years, and here's where I am concerning..

Thoughts and prayers that you all may be as lucky....

~John

Comments

• KTeacher
    KTeacher Member Posts: 1,103 Member
    You are

REMARKABLE!!!  In a very unremarkable way.   YEAH!  I'm happy after 6 months, can't wait for 5 + years.

• Mikemetz
    Mikemetz Member Posts: 465 Member
    Great news!

Un-remarkable for them, quite remarkable for you!  But, they surely use a lot of words to say "NED".  I am 5+ years out, too, and NED.  Let's hope that our cases and those of so many others can give the newbies more confidence that there can be light at the end of the HNC tunnel. 

Also, my thanks for all the extra time and effort you take to make HNC/CSN such a great site for all of us.

Mike

• Ingrid K
    Ingrid K Member Posts: 813
    Mikemetz said:

Great news!

Un-remarkable for them, quite remarkable for you!  But, they surely use a lot of words to say "NED".  I am 5+ years out, too, and NED.  Let's hope that our cases and those of so many others can give the newbies more confidence that there can be light at the end of the HNC tunnel. 

Also, my thanks for all the extra time and effort you take to make HNC/CSN such a great site for all of us.

Mike

YIPPEEEE

Hey Skif

Happy 5th Cancerversary !!!

TIME TO CELEBRATE.

• hwt
    hwt Member Posts: 2,328 Member
    Ingrid K said:

YIPPEEEE

Hey Skif

TIME TO CELEBRATE.

yahoo!!!!

Congrats John! Well deserved. Thanks for paying back to so many.

• Skiffin16
    Ingrid K said:

YIPPEEEE

Hey Skif

TIME TO CELEBRATE.

Thank You All...

And a big hug to my main man....ummmm fur man, Barney IK's main fur man...

JG

• CivilMatt
    CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,724 Member
    NED sized for a big Florida head (big in a good way)

John,

Congratulations on being un-remarkable!

Keep dropping plenty of bread crumbs for us to follow.

Matt

• ditto1
    ditto1 Member Posts: 660

did you really pay for a test that said you had an inferior brain,  I always thought you were a little out there but never inferior, congrats my friend, Diane keeps me up to date on whats going on in the world of FaceBook for many of you, so glad you made NED 5 straight years, now lets shoot for 10.

• Grandmax4
    Grandmax4 Member Posts: 723
    wonderful

OMgoodness, I would sleep with that under my pillow...congratulations!!

• Skiffin16
    Calcified Granuloma...

Something I learned today...

As some of you may or maynot know.., I figure several of you probably know as it's more than likely shown on some exam or scan of yours also.

The Calcified Granuloma is basically a result of some lung infection from long ago..., the tissue was damaged and calium has depositied in the damaged area... Usually nothing to be concerned about...

The part that I hadn't seem before;

People who acquire pulmonary histoplasmosis that results in a lung granuloma have almost always spent some time in the Ohio Valley or the upper Midwest.

I was born and grew up in Ohio until going into the USMC at 19..

Here's a link that gives even more interesting but useless information concerning how and where the fungus is inherent...

Histoplasma capsulatum

I find this bit of useless information interesting, LOL...

JG

• j4mie
    j4mie Member Posts: 218
    You're pretty remarkable to me...

Keep on "keepin' on" my friend!

Jamie

• Skiffin16
    ditto1 said:

did you really pay for a test that said you had an inferior brain,  I always thought you were a little out there but never inferior, congrats my friend, Diane keeps me up to date on whats going on in the world of FaceBook for many of you, so glad you made NED 5 straight years, now lets shoot for 10.

Abi-Normal...

LOL inferior brain that's unremarkable....

See..., I've been telling you all for years now that I AM abi-normal...

JG

• jim and i
    jim and i Member Posts: 1,788 Member
    Hurrah!!!! So happy you hit

Hurrah!!!! So happy you hit the big 5 year mark. It seems like yesterday that you were waiting for the two year mark. Giving thanks to God for your healing and asking for many years for you.

Blessings,

Debbie

• Skiffin16
    jim and i said:

Hurrah!!!! So happy you hit

Hurrah!!!! So happy you hit the big 5 year mark. It seems like yesterday that you were waiting for the two year mark. Giving thanks to God for your healing and asking for many years for you.

Blessings,

Debbie

Thank You...

It means a lot to me, you all mean a lot to me...

John

• donfoo
    donfoo Member Posts: 1,773 Member

great news and big sigh of relief. I guess I missed the hoopla last year against which they did the comparison. Figured you were always unremarkable!

• HAWVET
    HAWVET Member Posts: 318
    donfoo said:

great news and big sigh of relief. I guess I missed the hoopla last year against which they did the comparison. Figured you were always unremarkable!

Great information to receive

Great information to receive especially on or about your 5th anniversary.  It makes me interested to see what was said on my last scan.   Think I'll ask for a copy the next time.  Aloha

• wmc
    wmc Member Posts: 1,804
    NED +

John I am truly so happy for you and how you survived that long jurney, and have helped so many others along the way.

Bill  Oct, 13

• Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Hi John

You are just one un-remarkable (Great) guy that’s all.  

Here’s to another day of fishing

Tim Hondo

• debbiejeanne
    debbiejeanne Member Posts: 3,102 Member
    johnb, this is simply

johnb, this is simply AWESOME!!  i pray that we can all be as "unremarkable" as you!!  you may be unremarkable but you'll always be OUTSTANDING to us!!

God bless you,

dj

• KB56
    KB56 Member Posts: 318 Member
    Un-remarkable

John, I hope we can all follow in your footsteps and be as "un-remarkable" as  you at 5 years out!

Stay "un-markable" for the next 5,

Keith

• PJ47
    PJ47 Member Posts: 376
    Yeah

Oh to be so unremarkable as you,

PJ