Information please!

Lorikat
Lorikat Member Posts: 681 Member

I have a friend who is in the hospital after surgery for brain cancer.  They were not able to get the entire tumor And are now doing chemo/radiation.  I dont know which actual cancer she has.  However:  she is soo confused, can't walk, and remembers some but not others.  And so anxious.  I don't know the stage, the cancer was found when she fell three times in a day. 

Is this the way ALL brain cancers react?  Not getting the entire tumor sounds bad.

i am NED from anal cancer and post over there, but not need different answers.  PLEASE help!  Lorikat from Anal board

Comments

• mccindy
    mccindy Member Posts: 81
    brain cancer

Brain surgery can cause swelling, which can cause the symptoms you are speaking of.  It's also likely that she is on an anti-seizure medication, which can also cause some of those symtpoms.  A lot depends on where her tumor was located, as that will affect what actions are involved.  Do you know where she had surgery?  Also, until pathology results, it's difficult to say anything about not getting the whole tumor out.  Some tumors are very slow-growing and take a long time to come back, others are faster and have more dire consequences.  I hesitate to say too much without knowing what kind of tumor it was and where it was located.

• Lorikat
    Lorikat Member Posts: 681 Member
    mccindy said:

brain cancer

Brain surgery can cause swelling, which can cause the symptoms you are speaking of.  It's also likely that she is on an anti-seizure medication, which can also cause some of those symtpoms.  A lot depends on where her tumor was located, as that will affect what actions are involved.  Do you know where she had surgery?  Also, until pathology results, it's difficult to say anything about not getting the whole tumor out.  Some tumors are very slow-growing and take a long time to come back, others are faster and have more dire consequences.  I hesitate to say too much without knowing what kind of tumor it was and where it was located.

I don't know what kind and

I don't know what kind and font want to ask.  Surgery was in California.  I think you may be onto something with the swelling though!  Thanks for the info!