swelled feet and ankles bone marrow animia

johnzullo
johnzullo Member Posts: 3
edited January 2014 in Lung Cancer #1

1 mounth after last chemo and my feet and ankles are swelled up always any one else experence this dr. says its not chemo related? any help. Also told me i got bone marrow animia from chemo no energy or streanth, am 65yrs and was in good shape befor the treatment is this common anyone know?

Comments

• dennycee
    dennycee Member Posts: 857 Member
    The swelling

Could bee caused by blood clots.  If you haven't talked to your dr about it recently, call.  It makes me a angry that your doc isn't concerned.  Swelling and clots happen quite frequently with cancer.  You should be seen and checked out ASAP.  Blood clots can be deadly.  

• johnzullo
    Thanks

Dennycee Thanks for your response I forgot to mention the onco had a blood clot test done, but they found none and he just never got back to me just said it was not from chemo, 2 weeks with this problem but I think the swelling is slowly going down.

• Levesque123
    Levesque123 Member Posts: 3
    dennycee said:

The swelling

Could bee caused by blood clots.  If you haven't talked to your dr about it recently, call.  It makes me a angry that your doc isn't concerned.  Swelling and clots happen quite frequently with cancer.  You should be seen and checked out ASAP.  Blood clots can be deadly.  

Hypertrophic osteoarthropathy (HOA) is a syndrome of clubbing of

Hypertrophic osteoarthropathy (HOA) is a syndrome of clubbing of the digits,

try looking this up

• Levesque123
    Levesque123 Member Posts: 3
    johnzullo said:

Thanks

Dennycee Thanks for your response I forgot to mention the onco had a blood clot test done, but they found none and he just never got back to me just said it was not from chemo, 2 weeks with this problem but I think the swelling is slowly going down.

swelling

the swelling would go up and then down - so big I could not put a shoe on - clothes fit, I am thin but I had these big big swollen feet and ankles...sometimes I went "shoeless" to the doctor- just my husbands socks...

they just never heard of this -

• dennycee
    dennycee Member Posts: 857 Member

swelling

the swelling would go up and then down - so big I could not put a shoe on - clothes fit, I am thin but I had these big big swollen feet and ankles...sometimes I went "shoeless" to the doctor- just my husbands socks...

they just never heard of this -

Clubbing

Hi Levesque123,

the clubbing on my fingers and toes made them look more like the hammer on the inside of a piano.  You know the ones that hit the strings?  Anyhow, nothing like the swelling you had.  Mine was only in the pads of the fingers and toes.   What this writer has is different.  Do you still have this issue?

• johnzullo
    Swelled ankles and feet

Several weeks and still have the symptoms on the 16th I do my first pet scan after upper right lobe removal and chemo treatment see the doc for the reading wheather the cancer is gone or still there on the 20th, so I will show him my feet and wait for a answer hope he has one never had this before got it after 4th chemo treatment over the phone the ocono said it was not related my general doctor just said it was water and will take weeks to go away!!

• beatlemike
    beatlemike Member Posts: 55 Member
    johnzullo said:

Swelled ankles and feet

Several weeks and still have the symptoms on the 16th I do my first pet scan after upper right lobe removal and chemo treatment see the doc for the reading wheather the cancer is gone or still there on the 20th, so I will show him my feet and wait for a answer hope he has one never had this before got it after 4th chemo treatment over the phone the ocono said it was not related my general doctor just said it was water and will take weeks to go away!!

maybe low 02

John are you on oxygen? If not maybe you should be. I have had some clubbing on my fingers for many years. Eight years ago I had my right lung removed. Two years ago I was having swelling of the feet and ankles with a few memory problems. Went and seen my family doctor and he had me do a free at home oximeter finger test while I was sleeping. Test showed my oxygen levels were dropping pretty low in my sleep. I am now on oxygen at bedtime. I was also told clubbing of fingers or toes is a sign of heart or lung disease. Im sure I have some copd in my remaining lung also. You can buy a oximeter at walmart or walgreens for 20 or 30 dollars. They come in handy to check your oxygen levels any time you want. Dont want them getting to low for to long because it can cause stroke brain or kidney damage and more. I hope you get it figured out.

• Punkydudl
    Punkydudl Member Posts: 6
    Anemia

My husband just.Finished his 4th round of chemo. He also has chemo induced anemia. Get had to gave 2 blood transfusions because of low hemoglobin levels. He also has received Procrit injections. From what I understand the anemia is common. Weakness, fatigue, dizziness, memory problems are probably related to the anemia. Watch out for dehydration. It's very important to drink lots of water. It seems that not enough hydration makes the symptoms worse. I hope this helps.