Wanting to hear from Wolfen and JBG

Lovekitties
Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member

Ladies, please stop in and let us know how you are doing.

Hugs,

Marie who loves kitties

Comments

• janderson1964
    janderson1964 Member Posts: 2,215 Member
    I second that. I miss you

I second that. I miss you bth.

• UncleBuddy
    UncleBuddy Member Posts: 1,019 Member
    Hoping things are well!

Please let us know how you are doing. 

Lin

• wolfen
    wolfen Member Posts: 1,324 Member

Hoping things are well!

Please let us know how you are doing. 

Lin

Hello, My Family

I am still nearby & holding each of you close to my heart as I read of the new struggles some of you are facing each day. I am mostly silent unless I can offer a hug, encouragement, advice(heaven forbid!), or a tidbit of information.

I am doing okay with the exception of finances, of course & am awaiting test results for what I hope will turn out to be nothing. So many difficulties in life are magnified when you are facing them alone. It is a bit frightening. For years, Ron & I always said "We could live under a rock if we had to, as long as we were together." I find that I don't like living under this rock alone at all.

I'm sure JBG is filled with "scanxiety" right about now as she goes for her CT report Monday & to learn her new treatment plan. She will be making her long trip in horrendous weather. I spoke with her on New Years eve & will do so again when she gets her scan report. She is doing okay, but does not have much energy. If she reads this thread, I'm sure she will reply.

Thank you so much for thinking of us. To those in the cold, cold right now, keep safe & stay warm. Remember I am in terrible Arizona where we are in the 70's.

Luv,

Wolfen

• jen2012
    jen2012 Member Posts: 1,607 Member
    wolfen said:

Hello, My Family

I am still nearby & holding each of you close to my heart as I read of the new struggles some of you are facing each day. I am mostly silent unless I can offer a hug, encouragement, advice(heaven forbid!), or a tidbit of information.

I am doing okay with the exception of finances, of course & am awaiting test results for what I hope will turn out to be nothing. So many difficulties in life are magnified when you are facing them alone. It is a bit frightening. For years, Ron & I always said "We could live under a rock if we had to, as long as we were together." I find that I don't like living under this rock alone at all.

I'm sure JBG is filled with "scanxiety" right about now as she goes for her CT report Monday & to learn her new treatment plan. She will be making her long trip in horrendous weather. I spoke with her on New Years eve & will do so again when she gets her scan report. She is doing okay, but does not have much energy. If she reads this thread, I'm sure she will reply.

Thank you so much for thinking of us. To those in the cold, cold right now, keep safe & stay warm. Remember I am in terrible Arizona where we are in the 70's.

Luv,

Wolfen

Oh send some heat this way

Oh send some heat this way please!!  Too cold!

I hpoe your results are fine and that JBG gets a well deserved break.  i think of you both often.

• LivinginNH
    LivinginNH Member Posts: 1,456 Member
    wolfen said:

Hello, My Family

Luv,

Wolfen

Hi!!  I echo the others, it

Hi!!  I echo the others, it would be nice if you could post more often - miss you here too!   (And yes, Jen and I would LOVE some of that Arizona warmth - it's a nippy 5 degrees out today here!)  Brrrr.

Hugs ((())) to you and JBG - best wishes on your CT scan.

Cyn

• johnnybegood
    johnnybegood Member Posts: 1,117 Member

Hi!!  I echo the others, it

Hi!!  I echo the others, it would be nice if you could post more often - miss you here too!   (And yes, Jen and I would LOVE some of that Arizona warmth - it's a nippy 5 degrees out today here!)  Brrrr.

Hugs ((())) to you and JBG - best wishes on your CT scan.

Cyn

hey family

thank you so much for asking.i feel as if i am in a fog i will be going monday to see the onc,get test results from ct scan done Dec,19 and start back on irrinatecan and avastin on a lower dosage probably later on in the same week.since my last chemo in october that put me in the hospital i am just scared and overwhelmed. i know our bodies have a way of letting us know and telling us hey we cant do this anymore.so even though we are cutting back the dosage i still have fear that the same thing will happen.but as i told my sister i still have to try.the other thing is it is supposed to be bitterly cold in louisville i think a high of 1 degree so my lungs cant take that kind of air so i will bundle up.hugs to you all and onward we go....Godbless...johnnybegood

• devotion10
    devotion10 Member Posts: 623 Member
    Sending you both some love.

Peace. ~ Cynthia

• marbleotis
    marbleotis Member Posts: 720 Member
    Sending love

sending you both all the strength and love I can push across the internet!

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Update

Thank you both for the updates.  Wolfen you are always welcome here and hugs are always needed.  JBG I'm keeping you in prayer that your results are good.  I'm sure your mind is reeling right now and can't blame you.  Thinking of you.

Kim

• hippiechicks
    hippiechicks Member Posts: 509 Member
    Keeping you both in my

Keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers.  Smile

• UncleBuddy
    UncleBuddy Member Posts: 1,019 Member

hey family

thank you so much for asking.i feel as if i am in a fog i will be going monday to see the onc,get test results from ct scan done Dec,19 and start back on irrinatecan and avastin on a lower dosage probably later on in the same week.since my last chemo in october that put me in the hospital i am just scared and overwhelmed. i know our bodies have a way of letting us know and telling us hey we cant do this anymore.so even though we are cutting back the dosage i still have fear that the same thing will happen.but as i told my sister i still have to try.the other thing is it is supposed to be bitterly cold in louisville i think a high of 1 degree so my lungs cant take that kind of air so i will bundle up.hugs to you all and onward we go....Godbless...johnnybegood

JBG, thinking of you this morning...

and sending you positive thoughts. Good luck at the onc. Hoping the CT scan comes back okay. I'm also hoping the side effects from the chemo are minimal. 

Lin

• thingy45
    thingy45 Member Posts: 632 Member

Keeping you both in my

Keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers.  Smile

On my mind

Johnny be good and Wolfen, your both on my mind today, hoping for good scan results, as good as can be.

i agree alone is alone and I find it difficult too. It seems every decision become a major one. For me financial also and worrying about future of me and my so sick daughter also. Some days I cry reading all the challenges here and I am to empty to lend support,

although I try.

each and every one is daily on my mind and in my prayers , and then I count my blessings that I am still NED.

i am sending love and hugs to all of you on this board,

Marjan 

• wolfen
    wolfen Member Posts: 1,324 Member
    thingy45 said:

On my mind

Johnny be good and Wolfen, your both on my mind today, hoping for good scan results, as good as can be.

i agree alone is alone and I find it difficult too. It seems every decision become a major one. For me financial also and worrying about future of me and my so sick daughter also. Some days I cry reading all the challenges here and I am to empty to lend support,

although I try.

each and every one is daily on my mind and in my prayers , and then I count my blessings that I am still NED.

i am sending love and hugs to all of you on this board,

Marjan 

Marjan

You put it so well when you said "I am empty to lend support". I sometimes feel selfish drowing in my own sorrow and am just unable to offer something positive & the last thing anyone here needs to read is negative comments. I guess I am "old school" still living by what I was taught "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."

I still feel a certain amount of anger at the medical profession for the many mistakes that were made during my husbands treatment which hastened his death, but I am letting it go a little at a time. Life is too short to remain angry at something that can't be changed.

Just as yours is, my main focus is on my daughter, hoping that her continued treatments will keep the nasty beast under control.

Luv,

Wolfen

• devotion10
    devotion10 Member Posts: 623 Member
    wolfen said:

Marjan

You put it so well when you said "I am empty to lend support". I sometimes feel selfish drowing in my own sorrow and am just unable to offer something positive & the last thing anyone here needs to read is negative comments. I guess I am "old school" still living by what I was taught "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."

I still feel a certain amount of anger at the medical profession for the many mistakes that were made during my husbands treatment which hastened his death, but I am letting it go a little at a time. Life is too short to remain angry at something that can't be changed.

Just as yours is, my main focus is on my daughter, hoping that her continued treatments will keep the nasty beast under control.

Luv,

Wolfen

Wolfen and Marjan, I understand the emptiness so well ...

I read recently something someone wrote about grief ... they said they were totally unprepared for how much grief felt like fear.  Sometimes that is what I feel, just a deep and dark fear. Wrapping loving arms around you both ... and all who are angry, sad, and afraid.  There may simply be nothing we can do but go through it, I don't know.  I haven't found any sure rememdy. When I do have some moments of inner peace I try to relish them.  Do keep coming to the board when you can though as your presence is valuable even if you think you have nothing to offer ... maybe it is time for us to just help you as you have given so much to others. 

Peace ~ Cynthia

• jen2012
    jen2012 Member Posts: 1,607 Member
    wolfen said:

Marjan

Luv,

Wolfen

You know what ladies?  As our

You know what ladies?  As our dear friend Craig has said, sometimes you need to keep it real.   I find myself really angry a lot.  Mad at the doctors, mad at the insurance industry, mad at the fact that we can have stupid amazing technology but can't fix health problems.  If you want to vent, vent away.  Open a post that lets others know if you don't want to read negative, then don't open the post, but seriously sometimes I have felt that others deal with this so much better than I do.   I can't get over this anger stage.  Sometimes it's just nice to know we aren't alone.  Now I do agree that letting go of the anger is healthier, but I think just venting about it sometimes helps you get over it too.