A Light Bulb Just Came On In My Head

Options
wolfen
wolfen Member Posts: 1,324 Member

Hello All,

Those of you that have actually been through this nasty mucus stuuf, please correct me if I'm giving wrong information.

I see some of you posting about this strangling, foul tasting mucus & for some reason I didn't remember this until now. The last few times that Ron was hospitalized, he was provided with a suction machine to keep this stuff out of his mouth & throat. There was even one delivered at home for his use. Unfortunately, he never had a chance to use the one at home as it was delivered on the night of his final hospital admission.

Anyway, I was just wondering if this might help some of you.

Luv,

Wolfen

Comments

• phrannie51
    phrannie51 Member Posts: 4,716
    Options
    You're right on the money!!

Many on here have used the suction machine to get rid of the mucous....my mom used one everyday of her life after having a laryngetomy.....and they are provided by the Medical Supply places and paid for by most insurance companies.

p

• debbiejeanne
    debbiejeanne Member Posts: 3,102 Member
    Options

You're right on the money!!

Many on here have used the suction machine to get rid of the mucous....my mom used one everyday of her life after having a laryngetomy.....and they are provided by the Medical Supply places and paid for by most insurance companies.

p

P, I had my laryngectomy

P, I had my laryngectomy 2/28/12.  i still use the suction machine and don't see it ever going away.  the mucous never seems to stop.  i was told it would get better a few months after surgery but it never did.  i've come to the conclusion that it never will.

God bless,

dj