Thinking of Jim Today

Hi Jim,

I know you are in Scanland today and wanted you to know I'm thinking about you.

May the scan be with you!

Prayers and hugs,

Rocquie

Comments

• Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3
    Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3 Member Posts: 3,803 Member
    All lined up....

Shoopy reported from Area 54 that "one of Jupiter's moons is visible through the rings of Saturn, which always means that all cancer scans come back negative in earth environments."

OK, I made that up.    But Jim will be fine. If Jim aint fine, who could be fine ?

Bless you man !

max

• Shoopy
    Shoopy Member Posts: 210

All lined up....

Shoopy reported from Area 54 that "one of Jupiter's moons is visible through the rings of Saturn, which always means that all cancer scans come back negative in earth environments."

OK, I made that up.    But Jim will be fine. If Jim aint fine, who could be fine ?

Bless you man !

max

Area 51 + 3

I know you made that up...because it's really due to the fact that we don't see "Uranus"! (think about it...say it slowly...that's probably the funniest thing I've ever typed on here!) Cool

Jim will be fine!  He's "the man"!

• Cerato
    Cerato Member Posts: 18
    Scanland

Hi Jim,

Thinking of you.  Perhaps by now you've already had your "peequila!"  

I look forward to seeing your shining face and reading your encouraging and humorous words up here on the board again, soon ;)

Big hug,

Cerato

• jimwins
    jimwins Member Posts: 2,107
    Happy Dance Time I think!

The radiologists hadn't read my scans when I met with the oncologist but he pulled them up and said they looked good.

I should have official results soon but I think it's okay to have a "Happy Dance" Wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsHa1kmKbP8

Thank you guys for thinking of me!

• allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178 Member
    jimwins said:

The radiologists hadn't read my scans when I met with the oncologist but he pulled them up and said they looked good.

I should have official results soon but I think it's okay to have a "Happy Dance" Wink

Scan..

Hey Jim,

Sounds good to me! How often are your scans..6 mo's or yearly? Just curious. Glad this one is behind you.Smile Love...Sue

(FNHL-stg3-grd2-typA-Dx 6/10-age 63) In Remission

• jimwins
    allmost60 said:

Scan..

Hey Jim,

Sounds good to me! How often are your scans..6 mo's or yearly? Just curious. Glad this one is behind you.Smile Love...Sue

(FNHL-stg3-grd2-typA-Dx 6/10-age 63) In Remission

Hi Sue

My next scan is in 6 months.  They have progressed from 3 months to 4 months and now to 6 months.  Next scan is in May 2014. Oncologist was encouraging - the longer I go without recurrence the higher the likelihood of contined remission and considered cured.

He explained most recurrences happen in the first two years and I just passed that mark - Yay!

Hugs - Jim

• Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3
    Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3 Member Posts: 3,803 Member
    Shoopy said:

Area 51 + 3

I know you made that up...because it's really due to the fact that we don't see "Uranus"! (think about it...say it slowly...that's probably the funniest thing I've ever typed on here!) Cool

Jim will be fine!  He's "the man"!

Shoopy,

I work in the middle of the night, on a modified 3rd shift. Ten years of listening to the Coast-to-Coast radio program:  You would think that I would have learned the difference between "51" and "53" !

Tell ET I said hello,

max

• Shoopy

Shoopy,

I work in the middle of the night, on a modified 3rd shift. Ten years of listening to the Coast-to-Coast radio program:  You would think that I would have learned the difference between "51" and "53" !

Tell ET I said hello,

max

Planets

I'm sure you know the difference between "Uranus" and a hole in the ground...lol...

Who the heck thought of naming a planet by that name...lol

• jimwins
    Shoopy said:

Planets

I'm sure you know the difference between "Uranus" and a hole in the ground...lol...

LOL

LOL (Gotta love Google):

From Greek Ουρανος (Ouranos), the name of the husband of Gaia and the father of the Titans in Greek mythology. His name is derived from ουρανος (ouranos) meaning "the heavens". This is also the name of the seventh planet in the solar system.

• Shoopy
    jimwins said:

LOL

LOL (Gotta love Google):

From Greek Ουρανος (Ouranos), the name of the husband of Gaia and the father of the Titans in Greek mythology. His name is derived from ουρανος (ouranos) meaning "the heavens". This is also the name of the seventh planet in the solar system.

I see.

So it changed it's name...it was originally "Ouranus" and now it's "Uranus"...wow...I'm just walking away and leaving that one alone.

• jimwins
    Shoopy said:

Planets

Duplicate

Duplicate

• jimwins
    jimwins said:

Official results good

I got the official results today and they were good.  Two years now in remission!  

• MChantal
    MChantal Member Posts: 107
    jimwins said:

Official results good

I got the official results today and they were good.  Two years now in remission!  

Absolutely beautiful Jim!

Absolutely beautiful Jim! Yay!!!!

• illead
    illead Member Posts: 884 Member
    WAHOO!!

I was just waiting for the official word.  We are just thrilled and not far behind. 

Big big hugs, Bill & Becky

• merrywinner
    merrywinner Member Posts: 626 Member
    jimwins said:

Hi Sue

My next scan is in 6 months.  They have progressed from 3 months to 4 months and now to 6 months.  Next scan is in May 2014. Oncologist was encouraging - the longer I go without recurrence the higher the likelihood of contined remission and considered cured.

He explained most recurrences happen in the first two years and I just passed that mark - Yay!

Hugs - Jim

Happy for you!

Good news for you, congratulations! My Oncologist told me the exact same thing. I am at 3 and 1/2 years and don't return for a year. Again so happy for you.  Mary

• jimwins
    jimwins said:

Official results good

Thanks everyone

Thanks everyone for your posts! I hope all of you with upcoming scans get wonderful results and for those in treatments, I hope you kick cancer butt!  Thanks for all your support for everyone here.

Hugs - Jim

• anliperez915
    anliperez915 Member Posts: 770
    illead said:

WAHOO!!

I was just waiting for the official word.  We are just thrilled and not far behind. 

Big big hugs, Bill & Becky

Extremely HAPPY for you!!!

Extremely HAPPY for you Jim!!!

I'm late congratulating you but it's always better to be late than never hehehe! Hope you and everyone here have an awesome Thanksgiving Day with all there loved ones! take care buddy always thinking of u ")

(((SUPER HUGE HUGS)))

Sincerely,

Liz

• 40yearsandcounting
    40yearsandcounting Member Posts: 19 Member
    thinking of Jim

Jim-

Haven't been on this site in so long, but I just saw your good news. Hooray!! I'm so happy for you. You deserve all the best.

Best wishes to you and everyone else for a wondeful Thanksgiving- take care, Erin

• onlytoday
    onlytoday Member Posts: 609 Member
    jimwins said:

Thanks everyone

Thanks everyone for your posts! I hope all of you with upcoming scans get wonderful results and for those in treatments, I hope you kick cancer butt!  Thanks for all your support for everyone here.

Hugs - Jim

Yay!!!!

Jim,

So glad to hear your great news!!  Love happy stories!!  So keep on keepin' on!  :)

Big Hugs to our greatest cheerleader   ((((  ))))

Donna

• ThisisLife
    ThisisLife Member Posts: 101 Member
    jimwins said:

Hi Sue

Hugs - Jim

Yahoo!

That's awesome Jim!!

I'll be one year on Dec. 31 and I've now moved to every 4 months.  It's a big milestone.

Has Aaron posted at all?

Sharlene