Check up with the surgeon yesterday...

and he said that everything looked GREAT!  I can open my mouth in the "normal range" again....the very lowest reading, but still just barely in the range.  He said that I was good for another 3 months but to continue to see my rad onc a couple of more times.  Boo!!  haha  I will see him later this month.  He is not recommending any scans unless he sees/feels something that alarms him.  All in all, he is very pleased with my recovery so far!  I can't believe I'm typing this because it seems like just yesterday I was ready to stop treatment and just "hope" for the best.  Thank you ALL for your very crucial role in getting me through the hardest part of my life.  You have no idea how much I appreciate all of you. Here's to the new normal and continued healing for us all! 

Comments

• phrannie51
    phrannie51 Member Posts: 4,716
    and you don't know...

how glad we are that you heard us!!  Congrats on the update.....you're doing great!!!

p

• debbiejeanne
    debbiejeanne Member Posts: 3,102 Member
    tracylynn, very, very happy

tracylynn, very, very happy that u r do'n so well.  also glad u can open ur mouth.  continue in this direction!  it does seem like yesterday u were giving up.  i'm thankful to God that u didn't!!  keep on healing and getting better.

God bless,

dj

• sin9775
    sin9775 Member Posts: 199 Member
    Great News

I am so happy to hear your good report.  May they continue and continue!

~S~

• CivilMatt
    CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,724 Member
    H&N new-normal

TL,

It is nice when the doctors and all of us agree, you are alright! 

Your body rebelled by your mind prevailed. 

Matt

• Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Abi-Normal....

Welcome to the club....

Great news, and totally abi-ness..., LOL

John

• hwt
    hwt Member Posts: 2,328 Member
    Skiffin16 said:

Abi-Normal....

Welcome to the club....

Great news, and totally abi-ness..., LOL

John

Congrats!

Keep the good news coming and celebrate your blessings.

• Duggie88
    Duggie88 Member Posts: 760 Member
    I remember

and I am glad you fought the fight. As all of us fought I am sure everyone felt a bit alone at times I know I did. Mostly while at home while your supporting staff was going about their norm while you dozed off, popped pills (I had to crush mine), and drank your meals. There were times I considered was it worth it?  Hence my response to you when you had the same thoughts. I am so glad you followed through.

As to the mouth thing, most times when i open mine I get into trouble even though I can't open it as wide as before. An old friend of mine told me years ago, sometimes you gotta open your mouth and nothing comes out of it.

heal on.............enjoy the day

Jeff

• j4mie
    j4mie Member Posts: 218
    Great news!

So happy to hear your GREAT news! Cheers to many more in your future!

Jamie

• peggylulu
    peggylulu Member Posts: 375
    So happy

To hear your great news ! I to was concerned that you wouldn't " hear " us and  like Phrannie am so glad that you did !