Anyone else starting XRT this week?

PJ47
PJ47 Member Posts: 376

Just wondering if anyone else is starting radiation therapy IMRT this week?  I start tomorrow and would like to coMISERYate with you if  that is ok.

PJ

Comments

• KTeacher
    KTeacher Member Posts: 1,103 Member
    IMRT

Even if we are not on the same schedule, we can all remember our journey.  Keep us posted and we will share things that worked for us during treatment.  You can do this.

• CivilMatt
    CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,724 Member
    shopping for rads

PJ,

Believe me, it something fresh in my mind.  You will be amazed (if rads only) what a non-event the first few visits will be.  Then, hold on!

Matt

• phrannie51
    phrannie51 Member Posts: 4,716
    I certainly remember my

first date with the Rad techs.....I pretty much walked out thinking "that's all there is to this?"....well...that, and I didn't realize the mask was going to be THAT tight....other than that, it's pretty uneventful for the first week or two.

p

• j4mie
    j4mie Member Posts: 218
    We are just over half way through...

But as the others said, it's something my husband (and me by proxy) will not forget. Commiserate away...

Jamie

• debbiejeanne
    debbiejeanne Member Posts: 3,102 Member
    pj, just want to say good

pj, just want to say good luck as u start ur journey.  we will all be on the sidelines cheering for u.  let us know how u do.

God bless.

dj

• Nelson Ong
    Nelson Ong Member Posts: 5
    Hi PJ

Hi PJ, I'm 6 mth out and I can still recalled exactly what happened fm first to 33rd treatment

when I was put on to be cooked.  TBH, it's doable and you will go thru.  Need to press emergency

button, we are here to assist.

GBU.  Nelson

• PJ47
    CivilMatt said:

shopping for rads

PJ,

Believe me, it something fresh in my mind.  You will be amazed (if rads only) what a non-event the first few visits will be.  Then, hold on!

Matt

You are scaring me,

but preparing me at the same time!  Not the adrenalin rush one wants to have.

PJ

• PJ47

Hi PJ

Hi PJ, I'm 6 mth out and I can still recalled exactly what happened fm first to 33rd treatment

when I was put on to be cooked.  TBH, it's doable and you will go thru.  Need to press emergency

button, we are here to assist.

GBU.  Nelson

Hi Nelson

Being a woman of a certain age, I have to ask what is TBH?  Why do you think it is so fresh in your mind 6 mos later?  Glad you are working out, I plan to keep up my exercise routine as much as possible so I asked for treatments in the afternoon.

PJ

• TracyLynn72
    TracyLynn72 Member Posts: 839
    PJ47 said:

Hi Nelson

Being a woman of a certain age, I have to ask what is TBH?  Why do you think it is so fresh in your mind 6 mos later?  Glad you are working out, I plan to keep up my exercise routine as much as possible so I asked for treatments in the afternoon.

PJ

appt times

Best of luck to you with your treatments!!  I had mine in the afternoons, too, and I loved it.  I could have a somewhat "normal" morning and then if I was wiped out after treatment, I could come home and sleep for a while.  I felt like I still had somewhat of a normal day.  It's such a lifechanging experience to have cancer, get treated, fight, and win.  I think, in my case, that is why it is so fresh in my mind.  I journaled during my whole experience..from biopsy to diagnosis, to finishing rads.  It was very helpful.