"Renw" Ren has passed away

herdizziness
herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member

Acoording to a post by Ren's brother David, Ren passed away October 27th, at age 45.

May he rest in peace.

Winter Marie

Comments

• janderson1964
    janderson1964 Member Posts: 2,215 Member
    This is such heartbreaking

This is such heartbreaking news. He fought so hard.

• LivinginNH
    LivinginNH Member Posts: 1,456 Member

Oh my, this is so sad.  He

Oh my, this is so sad.  He tried so hard to fight this disease like the many before him, may he finally rest in peace. 

Cynthia

• Cathleen Mary
    Cathleen Mary Member Posts: 827 Member

Oh my, this is so sad.  He

Oh my, this is so sad.  He tried so hard to fight this disease like the many before him, may he finally rest in peace. 

Cynthia

Peace and strength to all who

Peace and strength to all who loved him. So very sad. He will be missed.

CM

• Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Another good soul gone

Thank you Winter Marie for updating us.

It is sad news indeed that one who fought so hard has lost his battle, but the loss is softened that he is now not in pain or distress.

May he rest in peace and his family and friends find comfort in remembering him in better days.

Marie who loves kitties

• emma_s
    emma_s Member Posts: 22
    Heartbraking

This is trully heartbreaking.... Ren was such an inspiration for many of us, I was always hoping for a miracle for him...

R.I.P. Ren

• Semira
    Semira Member Posts: 381 Member
    Oh no...

what a sad sad news. I will miss him!

A silent hug to his family

Petra

• jimc43
    jimc43 Member Posts: 5
    Such a warrior.  So smart. 

Such a warrior.  So smart.  Indefatigable.  A salute to Ren and what he shared with us.

• sky123
    sky123 Member Posts: 15
    such a fighter

and so generous with his knowledge and experience. I learned so much from him and stood in absolute awe of his fight.

Run with the angels, Ren!

• UncleBuddy
    UncleBuddy Member Posts: 1,019 Member
    R.I.P. Ren

We've learned so much from you. You fought a tremendous fight. God bless you and your family. You and your family are in my prayers.

• lp1964
    lp1964 Member Posts: 1,239 Member
    We should be...

...all proud to know him. He showed us example that no matter how bad things get, we should still maintain hope and positivity. There are many things he taught me that I have been applying to my own fight.

He is an other reason we have to encourage our friends and family to have colonoscopies earlier. Ren's cancer was there and still curable 5 years ago. 

I wish strength to his entire family to deal with the loss and able to celebrate his life forever.

Laz

• MaiaW
    MaiaW Member Posts: 8
    Godspeed, Ren. I've admired

Godspeed, Ren. I've admired you and we never talked, even on line. Thank you for sharing so much. Hope his brother David reads here and knows how admired and loved his brother was. Hope he can share this with Ren's kids, eventually.

• annalexandria
    annalexandria Member Posts: 2,571 Member
    This is heart-breaking news.

Ren was really a unique individual, so full of intellectual drive and energy.  Such a huge loss, to his family and to the world at large.

I'll miss having him here as part of our little CSN family.

• karguy
    karguy Member Posts: 1,020 Member

May he rest in peace,his family will miss him.God speed.

• hippiechicks
    hippiechicks Member Posts: 509 Member
    I was so hoping his treatment

I was so hoping his treatment would work for him! 

A true inspiration and warrior.

Rest in Peace dear Ren.

• jen2012
    jen2012 Member Posts: 1,607 Member
    I posted in one of the other

I posted in one of the other threads, but wanted to post again here in case Tans or someone shares this with Ren's family on his blog.

I've been thinking of Ren and his family all day.  I'm glad that his brother was able to be with him, along with the rest of his family.  

Some of us come to places like CSN for information and support, but I think it was clear that Ren was here to share what he learned.  Maybe pick up a few tips too, but he was a huge source of information and I appreciate the time he took to post and let us know how different treatments and therapies were going...and just what was available outside of the standard treatment.  I hope that his blog does stay up and running, as there is so much information there to share. 

So very sorry for his family.       

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Sad

His fight is over, but how he fought.  So brave right to the very end.  He gave a lot of knowledge on this board and will be missed.  May he now rest peacefully.

Kim

• jasminsaba
    jasminsaba Member Posts: 157 Member
    Heartbreaking ...

I am saddened to hear about Rene's passing ... gone too soon. my thoughts and prayers are with his loved ones during this difficult time.

• jasminsaba
    jasminsaba Member Posts: 157 Member
    Heartbreaking ...

I am saddened to hear about Rene's passing ... gone too soon. my thoughts and prayers are with his loved ones during this difficult time.

• Chelsea71
    Chelsea71 Member Posts: 1,169 Member

Rene really tried his best to make a difference in the world of MCRC.  His posts here at CSN were not warm and fuzzy, his purpose was to share his knowledge based on what he learned through trial and error.  He seemed to dedicate his life to the fight and it must have come at great personal cost to him and his family.  I always got the impression that he wasn't fighting just for himself but for all of us.  He literally fought right until the end.  The world was a better place with him in it.  May he rest in peace.  

My condolences to Rene's family.  You must be so very proud of him.

• tachilders
    tachilders Member Posts: 313
    Chelsea71 said:

Rene really tried his best to make a difference in the world of MCRC.  His posts here at CSN were not warm and fuzzy, his purpose was to share his knowledge based on what he learned through trial and error.  He seemed to dedicate his life to the fight and it must have come at great personal cost to him and his family.  I always got the impression that he wasn't fighting just for himself but for all of us.  He literally fought right until the end.  The world was a better place with him in it.  May he rest in peace.  

My condolences to Rene's family.  You must be so very proud of him.

As one of the few here that

As one of the few here that actually met him (and his lovely wife and kids) I can tell you that he was a really good guy and really was trying to not only cure himself but help many others. His journey in Germany and the Czech republic was no picnic, but he fought like a real warrior. I was worried after his surgery got cancelled and he was having so much trouble with his liver and the ascites. The world is a worse place without Ren and I am so glad I got a chance to meet him and his family. This is very hard for me to take because we had a lot in common with respect to disease state (his liver disease was much worse), age, kids a similar age, etc...  Another very depressing piece of news. I'm not sure how much more I can take.