Update on sister

Lovekitties
Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member

Sister begins 10 raditation treatments today...one each week day.

Doctor hopes to get enough early results to get her home early next week and then I will just take her back daily for the remainder of the treatments.

The morphine is making her a bit loopy and she is really not eating much.

I did speak with the doc and as I expected we are on the count down.  How much time depends on her decision about doing any more chemo once she gets past the current issue.  But as he said, regardless of her decision, we are looking a possibly 6 months at best and 3 or less at worst.   He said that if she wants no more chemo, he will arrange to start things with Hospice.

Given her overall health and eating issues, I feel we are much closer than either of those two estimates.

This info has not been shared with her or our parents yet, but that day will be here soon enough.  God grant me the strenght to deal with that too.  At this point, I can only pray that she have no pain, be at peace with the situation and that my folks mange to make it thru this ok.

Your prayers and well wishes are so greatly appreciated.  Thank you all.

Marie who loves kitties

Comments

• janderson1964
    janderson1964 Member Posts: 2,215 Member
    Marie, it breaks my heart to

Marie, it breaks my heart to read about your sister. I am also very saddened that your parents will have to deal with the unbearable loss of a child. May God bless you for the heavy burdeon of telling your parents. You truly are a remarkable woman.

• Chelsea71
    Chelsea71 Member Posts: 1,169 Member

Marie, it breaks my heart to

Marie, it breaks my heart to read about your sister. I am also very saddened that your parents will have to deal with the unbearable loss of a child. May God bless you for the heavy burdeon of telling your parents. You truly are a remarkable woman.

Nicely said.  My sentiments

Nicely said.  My sentiments exactly.

Chelsea

• UncleBuddy
    UncleBuddy Member Posts: 1,019 Member
    sisters

I can't imagine what you're going through. I am so sorry that this is happening to your family. I will keep you all in my prayers. 

• rls67
    rls67 Member Posts: 127
    Marie,

I am so sorry to hear about your sister. Please know you, your sister and your parents are in my thoughts and prayers. My heart is heavy. May your sister find peace. 

• jen2012
    jen2012 Member Posts: 1,607 Member
    I'm so sorry.  Prayers for

I'm so sorry.  Prayers for your family.

• LivinginNH
    LivinginNH Member Posts: 1,456 Member
     My dear Marie, this news is

My dear Marie, this news is so difficult to hear, I'm so sorry.  I hope that Hospice will be able to make her final days as peaceful as possible. 

Stay strong dear, and I know that you'll be able to support your parents through this as well.

All my best,

Cynthia`

• Dxed
    Dxed Member Posts: 79
    Marie

I cannot find the words that meet the occasion, and I wish I could be as supportive as you've been to me when I first sought support.

I have faith that you will do fine. The luckiest of us all is the one who travels this well-troden road in peace and comfort.

My prayers and sincere wishes for you and your family. Bless you all.

Sander

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Prayers

Sending up prayers right now.  My hugs and thoughts and prayers.

Kim

• Varmint5
    Varmint5 Member Posts: 384 Member
    So sorry Marie

I'm so sorry to read this about your sister. She and your family will certainly have my prayers and best wishes.

Sandy

• Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Saddened....

But, I know you knew early on how things were going. 

Still, it does not make the news any easier to digest.  You've done a remarkable job in how  you've handled things and am sending you the strength to tell your parents as you requested.  This is a difficult time for everyone it seems.

Tragedy just seems to be overwhelming the levees we've built our lives around.  It's just so hard to watch everyone suffer.

I wish you well, Marie....and that of your entire family.

-Craig

• lp1964
    lp1964 Member Posts: 1,239 Member
    Dear Marie,

I pray for have and your entire family. You will see that once it's done it will be lot easier.

Laz

• annalexandria
    annalexandria Member Posts: 2,571 Member
    It really hurts to lose a sister.

And losing a child is even harder.  I'm so sorry for both you and your parents, Marie.  I hope that whatever the future holds for your sis, that it is peaceful and free of pain.  In my own sister's situation, I wished that hospice had been brought in sooner.  They were able to make her very comfortable and provided a great deal of support for the family.  

You are a strong, wise person, Marie, and although this will be a hard road to walk, you will make it through.  And all of your friends here will do our best to support you in this journey, just as you have always supported us.

{{{Marie}}}

• thingy45
    thingy45 Member Posts: 632 Member

It really hurts to lose a sister.

And losing a child is even harder.  I'm so sorry for both you and your parents, Marie.  I hope that whatever the future holds for your sis, that it is peaceful and free of pain.  In my own sister's situation, I wished that hospice had been brought in sooner.  They were able to make her very comfortable and provided a great deal of support for the family.  

You are a strong, wise person, Marie, and although this will be a hard road to walk, you will make it through.  And all of your friends here will do our best to support you in this journey, just as you have always supported us.

{{{Marie}}}

So sorry

So sorry Marie that you have to loose your sister . I lost my only brother to pancreatic cancer within 5 weeks of diagnosis. It is a hard loss so I know what you are going through. I wish you strength.  I am sending prayers for you and your family. We are all here for you when you need support in your difficult journey. 

Hugs my dear friend, 

Marjan

• Maxiecat
    Maxiecat Member Posts: 544 Member
    I am so sorry Marie... I will

I am so sorry Marie... I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers.

alex

• pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    Maxiecat said:

I am so sorry Marie... I will

I am so sorry Marie... I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers.

alex

I feel so sorry my dear friend.
    Will pray for you both!