Scan on Friday

danbren2
danbren2 Member Posts: 311

Hi Everyone,

My Scan is Friday morning at 9:30 and I am getting a little nervous.  It has been 7 months since my Lung surgery and I really can't tell a difference in having had a portion of it removed.  I am just hoping and praying my scan stays clear!  Thanks to all of you for helping me through, I really have come to rely on everyone so much! I think about what some of you are going through and it makes me feel so bad for even complaining about anxiety and being afraid. 

Iceman, Foxhd, Blkjk, Alice and some others have become my hero's with what they have had to endure with some of their treatments.  I pray everyday that this horrible Cancer will be curable one day and this will all become a bad dream for us all!  Thanks for being here for me and I hope all is well with everyone, I am praying for a good scan on Friday! My results will be the following Friday on the 18, I will let everyone know just as soon as I know!

Love and prayers of good health to us all!

Brenda

Comments

• Djinnie
    Djinnie Member Posts: 945
    Scan!

You know we will all be praying that you have a good result! Will be thinking of you on Friday, all the best:)

Djinnie

• danbren2
    Djinnie said:

Scan!

You know we will all be praying that you have a good result! Will be thinking of you on Friday, all the best:)

Djinnie

Thank you!

Thank you so much Djinnie! It seems they never get any easier, even though this is not the first one! The fear and anxiety of the what the results will be is still there!

Love and ALWAYS prayers of good health to us all!

Brenda

• Alehan
    Alehan Member Posts: 24
    I'll be thinking of you on

I'll be thinking of you on Friday! You have really been so kind to me since coming here so I also want to thank you.

Hoping for the best!

Heather

• foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member
    Alehan said:

I'll be thinking of you on

I'll be thinking of you on Friday! You have really been so kind to me since coming here so I also want to thank you.

Hoping for the best!

Heather

scan

Brenda, good luck. Be prepared to hear anything. Then the results won't be that bad. Life will always be full of worries and changes. Try to just accept that and live on. Most of us continue to do well despite occaisional setbacks. I'm happy you are being closely monitored. Good luck. Fox.

• danbren2
    foxhd said:

scan

Brenda, good luck. Be prepared to hear anything. Then the results won't be that bad. Life will always be full of worries and changes. Try to just accept that and live on. Most of us continue to do well despite occaisional setbacks. I'm happy you are being closely monitored. Good luck. Fox.

So Good to Hear from You!

Fox,

It is so good to hear from you, how are you! I know your last treatment was pretty tough on you! I am praying the treatment worked and everything will come back clear for you!  Your outlook just amazes me and I wish that I could be more like that.

I am thinking positive that I will be just fine, but I do know in the back of my head there is a possibilty that it could come back.  But, for now I am praying that I am going to be good, and worry about a different outcome when and if it happens!  Thank you Fox, you always have a way of making me feel like everything is going to be ok not matter what the outcome is.

Love and prayers for good health!

Brenda

• Septemberzoe
    Septemberzoe Member Posts: 49
    danbren2 said:

Fox,

It is so good to hear from you, how are you! I know your last treatment was pretty tough on you! I am praying the treatment worked and everything will come back clear for you!  Your outlook just amazes me and I wish that I could be more like that.

I am thinking positive that I will be just fine, but I do know in the back of my head there is a possibilty that it could come back.  But, for now I am praying that I am going to be good, and worry about a different outcome when and if it happens!  Thank you Fox, you always have a way of making me feel like everything is going to be ok not matter what the outcome is.

Brenda

Good thoughts

Sending you good thoughts and prayers for Friday 

• alice124
    alice124 Member Posts: 896 Member
    Brenda,

You'll be fine.

Brenda,

You'll be fine. You're stronger than you give yourself credit for being.

You’re not complaining; you’re just thinking out loud with fears that accompany this awful disease. But remind yourself to give even more time to all those things in your life you are so fortunate to have, e. g., the love and support of your family and your friends. Don't let your fears and worry exhaust your energy. You need it for more important work like that NED we’re all envisioning on Friday.  

Squeezing your hand. . .

• Limelife50
    Limelife50 Member Posts: 476
    Hi Brenda

Hey Friday will be my 2 year anniversary from when i had my first surgery but not much time to celebrate since i recieved a call today confirming my Pet Scan appointment which is scheduled for the 28th of this month so whoopee i get to stress out instead but will make an effort tomorrow to celebrate.Brenda good luck to you and i wish you the best on your scan report i will be hoping to see you get a great big NED on your report

• foxhd
    danbren2 said:

Fox,

Brenda

I'm amazingly great

Brenda, I also have an appointment tomorrow. Blood work and prep for monday readmission for another round of IL-2. My remaining kidney doesn't take too well to it. So, I expect to be recieving only 5 infusion IL-2.  Psychosis by number 2. No eating or sleeping x 5. Diarrhea and vomiting x5, then home being nuts for a few weeks. I'll admit this weeks recovery has been awesome!  We can all do this. As you say, "no matter what the outcome is." We don't waste time or energy on negative thoughts. One of my biggest disappointments is that I won't be riding my Harley much more this year. So, I'll find things to do in my garage. Like work on my old Volkswagen for spring. We've got a long way to go baby! Leave your plans open ended. Fox.

• danbren2

Hi Brenda

Hey Friday will be my 2 year anniversary from when i had my first surgery but not much time to celebrate since i recieved a call today confirming my Pet Scan appointment which is scheduled for the 28th of this month so whoopee i get to stress out instead but will make an effort tomorrow to celebrate.Brenda good luck to you and i wish you the best on your scan report i will be hoping to see you get a great big NED on your report

Thank You!

Thank you all so much!  This is a terrible place that we all have come to know each other, but I am thankful for each and every one of you!  The strength that I get from you all is just amazing!  If results could be based on prayers and strength from others, tomorrow will be a breeze for me!

Love and prayers of good health to us all!

Brenda

PS -  Fox, my Husband Danny wants to know what you are doing with the VW in your garage? We had one a few years ago that he made into a dune buggy, we took it to Ocean City MD for the car show. It was a lot of fun!

• mrs_blkjak
    mrs_blkjak Member Posts: 103
    danbren2 said:

Thank You!

Thank you all so much!  This is a terrible place that we all have come to know each other, but I am thankful for each and every one of you!  The strength that I get from you all is just amazing!  If results could be based on prayers and strength from others, tomorrow will be a breeze for me!

Brenda

PS -  Fox, my Husband Danny wants to know what you are doing with the VW in your garage? We had one a few years ago that he made into a dune buggy, we took it to Ocean City MD for the car show. It was a lot of fun!

Prayers going out to you

Prayers going out to you both. I hope for a clear scan! And you have every reason to express your fears. That's what this board is for. Just because someone else might have a worse situation does not negate the emotional toll this has had on you and your husband. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

• izzycohen
    izzycohen Member Posts: 80
    wishing you a clear scan.

May there be nothing  but clear scans in your future.  Prayers.

Izzy

• foxhd
    danbren2 said:

Thank You!

Brenda

VW

I've got a '70 camper and an in progress dune buggy. I'm not working on them enough. I do expect to do more this winter. The VW's are fun. Just like a motorcycle it's air cooled.

• TillieSOK
    TillieSOK Member Posts: 252
    Praying for clear, clean

Praying for clear, clean scans for you.  

• cran1
    cran1 Member Posts: 139
    Hope your scan went good.

• Djinnie
    danbren2 said:

Thank You!

Brenda

Scan Results!

Hey, I'm also with team Brenda, hope everything went well yesterday:)

Djinnie x

• Eims
    Eims Member Posts: 423
    danbren2 said:

Thank You!

Brenda

hi brenda,

hope everything

hi brenda,

hope everything went well for you on friday and you managed to relax a bit when you got home........prayers and positive thoughts winging their way to you from ireland!!

Eims x

• danbren2
    cran1 said:

Postive Thoughts

Thank you all for all the positive thoughts and prayers! This is going to be a long week for me! Results will be in on Friday, Oct. 18 at 1:30 pm.  I will post the results just as quickly as I can.

Love and prayers for good health to us all!

Brenda

• Djinnie
    danbren2 said:

Postive Thoughts

Thank you all for all the positive thoughts and prayers! This is going to be a long week for me! Results will be in on Friday, Oct. 18 at 1:30 pm.  I will post the results just as quickly as I can.

Love and prayers for good health to us all!

Brenda

I will keep you in my prayers Brenda, lots of positive thoughts are wending their way! Having to wait for results is  always tortuous! 

Djinnie x