- 1964 -

joemetz
joemetz Member Posts: 493

I've noticed several people with a 1964 in their screen-name here on CSN.

How many of us colon cancer fighters were born in 1964?

And, just how many times have YOU said your birthdate?   (bahahaha!)

2-22-64

Comments

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    I wish

Lets see, that would make me 49, I could do 49 again, then I'd have my colonoscopy at 50 like a good girl and they would find the tumour before it got so big. 

So for me, I'm already climbing up through my 50's. 

• jen2012
    jen2012 Member Posts: 1,607 Member
    good eye
    Yup just noticed that there are 3 on the first page...never picked up on that before.

Nope my name does not reflect my birthdate...
  • Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member

1964 was a very good year, but unfortunately not when I was born.

In fact, I was 17, graduating from high school and starting college.

So for all those who were born in 1964, let me just say...you missed some good years!

Marie who loves kitties

• johnnybegood
    johnnybegood Member Posts: 1,117 Member

1964 was a very good year, but unfortunately not when I was born.

In fact, I was 17, graduating from high school and starting college.

So for all those who were born in 1964, let me just say...you missed some good years!

Marie who loves kitties

i too have

noticed quit a few of us 1964 babies on here,i was dx when i was 44 years old.good catch Joe hope you are doing ok...Godbless...johnnybegood....7-15-1964

• ketziah35
    ketziah35 Member Posts: 1,145
    All jokes aside. in wonder if

All jokes aside. in wonder if people were having fun before being shipped out to Nam. If there a lot of births that year I wonder what was happening.  Sorry, I am a history buff.   

• steveandnat
    steveandnat Member Posts: 886
    Too funny

Every time you go to see the dr or go to the hospital it's what's your birthday. 3-5-53.  For the million into time!  Jeff

• Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Hi Joe

Hi Joe,

I'm a bit older than you youngens. :)   Good to see you!

Aloha,

Kathleen

• janderson1964
    janderson1964 Member Posts: 2,215 Member
    9-8-64.  I will guess that I

9-8-64.  I will guess that I have had to give my birthdate at least 1000 times since diagnosis.

• annalexandria
    annalexandria Member Posts: 2,571 Member
    In 1964,

I think my mom was breathing a sigh of relief that she was done after having seven kids.

Two years later, I proved her wrong.

And I have said my birthdate a bazillion times, but still managed to forget it once when trying to pick up a prescription at the pharmacy.

• lilacbrroller
    lilacbrroller Member Posts: 412 Member

In 1964,

I think my mom was breathing a sigh of relief that she was done after having seven kids.

Two years later, I proved her wrong.

And I have said my birthdate a bazillion times, but still managed to forget it once when trying to pick up a prescription at the pharmacy.

Not 64, but two years later, 1966.  I'm tellin' ya, we all got cancer because of the hotdogs they fed us in the 60s and 70s... (semi kidding.)

My birthday falls on a  holiday, so most every time I have to give my birth date, I get the same comment about the significance of that date. I grin and bear it, and pretend that each time is the first time I've ever heard that comment...

sigh

Karin

• jen2012
    jen2012 Member Posts: 1,607 Member

Not 64, but two years later, 1966.  I'm tellin' ya, we all got cancer because of the hotdogs they fed us in the 60s and 70s... (semi kidding.)

My birthday falls on a  holiday, so most every time I have to give my birth date, I get the same comment about the significance of that date. I grin and bear it, and pretend that each time is the first time I've ever heard that comment...

sigh

Karin

hmmm...1966 for my husband

hmmm...1966 for my husband too.

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member

sigh

Karin

Christmas

My birthday is right before Christmas, so I have to deal with that too. 

• Phil64
    Phil64 Member Posts: 838 Member

My birthday is 1/27/64

We are YOUNG! :-)

Although I have to tell you this story...

I stopped at McDonalds the other day, on the way to work, as I frequently do. I ordered my usual small coffee and small ice water.  The new cashier gave me a cup so I could get my ice water.  I left two dollar bills before I went for the water to cover my expected $1.06 bill. When I came back the young lady handed me $1.20 change.  I asked "when did the price change?"  She told me "it didn't change. 80 cents is the usual senior rate."  ha ha.  I guess I look a little older than 49.

Phil64

Blog: http://PScamihorn.me

• danker
    danker Member Posts: 1,276 Member

You are all a bunch of kids! Being born in 1932, I had been in the Marines for three years,went to college on the GI bill. got married and had 3 children by 1964.  Good Luck to you all !!~!

• UncleBuddy
    UncleBuddy Member Posts: 1,019 Member
    Hmmmm...

My brother was born in 1964. He came along 6 years after me and is the only boy. It's interesting tht there's a generation of CRC patients from that timeframe. I wonder if it's significant...

• lp1964
    lp1964 Member Posts: 1,239 Member
    12/21/64

Oct 09, 2013 - 2:12 pm

That makes it the longest night of the year. In cultures they killed all the baby boys born on that night, bar cause the were considered dark and dangerous. Th Russian dictator Stalin was born on night and they should have applied that law because between 1933 and 1954 he killed about 30 million of his people in the most brutal circumstances.

Dont worry about me, I swear I'm very kind hearted. He he he he...

• tachilders
    tachilders Member Posts: 313
    lp1964 said:

12/21/64

Oct 09, 2013 - 2:12 pm

That makes it the longest night of the year. In cultures they killed all the baby boys born on that night, bar cause the were considered dark and dangerous. Th Russian dictator Stalin was born on night and they should have applied that law because between 1933 and 1954 he killed about 30 million of his people in the most brutal circumstances.

Dont worry about me, I swear I'm very kind hearted. He he he he...

8/16/1966 but my sister in a

8/16/1966 but my sister in a 64....

• mukamom
    mukamom Member Posts: 402

8/16/1966 but my sister in a

8/16/1966 but my sister in a 64....

Robert was

born in 1959, and I was too.  When I have to give MY birthdate for whatever reason, most times I give Roberts' DOB Surprised  since I do most of all the

insurance and Rx stuff. When I correct myself, I get some really strange looks.....Embarassed

• hippiechicks
    hippiechicks Member Posts: 509 Member
    I seem to be the baby of the

I seem to be the baby of the bunch ... but still the 60's  Undecided

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member

Sorry that's not my year.  I'm on flag day and was named after Kim Novak (whoever she is LOL).

Kim