post op Not good news

Went today and got my staples out and I feel a little better. But the new was not so good. They did not get all the cancer, There is a very small spot that they can't get to. It is on the duct of the liver. They got as close as they could .  So now I have to do a few round of radation and then chemo. I never did radation before so I am a little nervious about .  The also want me on some med for depression. I just feel like I can't get a break. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Comments

• jen2012
    jen2012 Member Posts: 1,607 Member
    sorry
    That sucks :( I'm very sorry. Take the pills ....it will help you get through this stage easier. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
  • Chelsea71
    Chelsea71 Member Posts: 1,169 Member
    That's too bad.  Hopefully

That's too bad.  Hopefully the chemo and radiation will kill it or get it to the point of being surgically removed.  I agree with Jen, it sucks.  I hope the meds help.

Chelsea

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Sorry

That has to be a big let down but at least they want to try the radiation.  Make sure you get a radiologist oncologist that specializes in what they want to do.  Just getting a radiation doctor is not the answer.  Glad they got what they did and wishing the best for the rest of your therapy.  You should make sure you take the reins on all treatment. 

Kim

• lp1964
    lp1964 Member Posts: 1,239 Member
    Dear Friend,

I'm sorry about the disappointing news. Targeted radiation works really well. Using the CT or The MRI they pinpoint the area and kill the cancer. It will be ok. For now just concentrate on your recovery so you can Start the next treatment.

Laz

• janderson1964
    janderson1964 Member Posts: 2,215 Member
    I am sorry about the news.

I am sorry about the news. Google nanoknife. It is a proceedure that uses electical pulses and doesn't damage surround tissue.

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Devastating

I know how gut renching bad news can be, and my heart goes out to you.  The thuoght of more treatment can be disheartening, but as others have mentioned, much can be done.

I too have heard that the Cyber Knife can be a wonderfully effective tool if you are a candidate for it. 

Good luck. We are all routing for you. 

• annalexandria
    annalexandria Member Posts: 2,571 Member
    Dang. I'm so sorry.

I've been in this situation and it truly sucks to have to go through recovery from surgery while wrapping your head around difficult news.  Radiation can do wonders, however, and be very effective at the removal of tumors in tricky spots.

As for the depression meds, you could certainly try those.  I would also suggest asking your doc about trying something like Ativan if you're really struggling right now.  It's a fast-acting med (like helps in 10 minutes), and as a central nervous system depressant is very effective at muting the natural anxiety we have in a situation like this.  I took it for a few months after diagnosis, and it really helped me function.  I didn't need it so much once I got adjusted to my new reality (although it's also very effective for chemo-induced nausea, so imo it's a good one to have on hand during tx).

Sending some hugs and strength your way~AA

• Happyhar
    Happyhar Member Posts: 49
    That Sucks

Take whatever makes you feel better. Prayers for strength to explore and be guided thru your options. Cyberknife etc. seem to have positive outcomes.