Confirmation Call

mom2two
mom2two Member Posts: 48

Well, my doctor did confirm what she already told me.....my MRI was posiitve and the tumor is a little bigger than the CT scan showed. It didn't stage the tumor (or at least she didn't tell me) like she had originally told me it would.

Comments

• Djinnie
    Djinnie Member Posts: 945 Member
    Sorry to hear your news!

Hi Mom2two,

So sorry to hear that it turned out to be cancer. You were concerned about both kidneys, were the others cysts? I know how frightening it is to receive this sort of news, so I hope you don't have to wait too long to see your doctor to discuuss the way forward. 

Take  care!

Djinnie x

• Eims
    Eims Member Posts: 423
    hi mom2two, i really am so

hi mom2two, i really am so sorry to hear that news but i know you may not want to hear this right now but the waiting is the hard part.  now you know what you are dealing with you CAN and WILL find the strength to fight this.  we are all here for you and trust me when i say we all know how you are feeling.

eims x

• mom2two
    Eims said:

hi mom2two, i really am so sorry to hear that news but i know you may not want to hear this right now but the waiting is the hard part.  now you know what you are dealing with you CAN and WILL find the strength to fight this.  we are all here for you and trust me when i say we all know how you are feeling.

eims x

Thank you

My doctor and the CT scan were pretty indicitive of cancer, but there was a reasonable doubt (I guess) so they ordered the MRI. I think you are right Elms, the waiting is the hard part. The not knowing for sure...I actually feel so much better knowing. I do know that it was caught early, and for that I am thankful.

I guess now I just want to make sure that I make an informed decision on what my options are in dealing with this. We already know it's growing based upon two CT scans incidentally one year apart. At this point, I am leaning towards wanting it out....but admittedly need to research more about other options. I meet with the surgeon on August 28, and despite someone on this forum telling me to wait for my doctor's advice...I want to go to this appointment prepared. I want to know what the options are....then go with an open mind, but with an educated one.

Thank you,
    Kathy

• mom2two
    Eims said:

eims x

Thank you

My doctor and the CT scan were pretty indicitive of cancer, but there was a reasonable doubt (I guess) so they ordered the MRI. I think you are right Elms, the waiting is the hard part. The not knowing for sure...I actually feel so much better knowing. I do know that it was caught early, and for that I am thankful.

I guess now I just want to make sure that I make an informed decision on what my options are in dealing with this. We already know it's growing based upon two CT scans incidentally one year apart. At this point, I am leaning towards wanting it out....but admittedly need to research more about other options. I meet with the surgeon on August 28, and despite someone on this forum telling me to wait for my doctor's advice...I want to go to this appointment prepared. I want to know what the options are....then go with an open mind, but with an educated one.

Thank you,
    Kathy

• foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member
    mom2two said:

Thank you

Thank you,
    Kathy

mom2two

You are among people living healthy active lives despite finding out they have cancer. don't waste any time on negative thoughts. Life has just changed. It hasn't ended.

• Miashelle1
    Miashelle1 Member Posts: 44
    foxhd said:

mom2two

You are among people living healthy active lives despite finding out they have cancer. don't waste any time on negative thoughts. Life has just changed. It hasn't ended.

I like....
    That comment Mr Fox....I need to take that advice myself. Michelle x
  • TillieSOK
    TillieSOK Member Posts: 252
    mom2two said:

Thank you

Thank you,
    Kathy

Don't think too much....you'll create a problem that wasn't even

there.

• GSRon
    GSRon Member Posts: 1,303 Member
    TillieSOK said:

Don't think too much....you'll create a problem that wasn't even

there.

Yes

Yes that silver tongued debil is spot on again..!   Live on... be as happy as that clam... tasty too..!  :)

• MDCinSC
    MDCinSC Member Posts: 574
    foxhd said:

mom2two

Excellent

I'll borrow that from time to time if you don't mind!