Hurrah! Remission at last!

Finally, official word from my doctor, I am in remission!! Personally, I've thought myself in remission for the last 9 months, but he was reluctant to say so because after chemo in last October, I showed a posivitive PET scan and a negative biopsy! So he didnt' know what to believe! But with every subsequent check up showing that everything it fine, he finally admitted that yes, things are looking good, and that I am in remission! Somehow, it's good to just have the doc's official word on it. Smile Now I finally know what to say to people who ask me whether or not I am in remission. Cool

Comments

• COBRA666
    COBRA666 Member Posts: 2,401 Member
    Yahoo !!!

Oh, Hell Yea. Great news CONGRATS !!!!!!  John

• Shoopy
    Shoopy Member Posts: 210
    Excellent news!

I am so happy for you...nice work!

• anliperez915
    anliperez915 Member Posts: 770
    Awesome!

Awesome! Really happy for you and Thank God that you're finally in remission!!! You should definitely celebrate or do something nice for yourself. Take care ")

Sincerely,

Liz

• allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178 Member

Awesome!

Awesome! Really happy for you and Thank God that you're finally in remission!!! You should definitely celebrate or do something nice for yourself. Take care ")

Sincerely,

Liz

Remission...such a wonderful word to hear! I am so happy for you!  My sister-law got the word last week and she's so happy and grateful. Take care and enjoy your wonderful news! Best wishes...Sue

(FNHL-grd2-stg3-typA-Dx 6/10-age 62) In remission

• COBRA666
    allmost60 said:

Remission...such a wonderful word to hear! I am so happy for you!  My sister-law got the word last week and she's so happy and grateful. Take care and enjoy your wonderful news! Best wishes...Sue

(FNHL-grd2-stg3-typA-Dx 6/10-age 62) In remission

Great News

Sue,

So glad to hear about your sister in law. Has she ever thought of joining the group? What was her diagnosis? Glad to hear all is fine with her.  John 

• jimwins
    jimwins Member Posts: 2,107
    Yay!

I'm so happy for you!  Dances of joy and hugs to you!

It is always nice to hear this and I needed it today.

Jim

• illead
    illead Member Posts: 884 Member
    Our congrats

Remission, it is a wonderful word isn't it?  We just got home from the cancer center for Bill's maint rituxan.  There was a family there celebrating their mom's last chemo treatment.  They had balloons, party hats, raspberry lemonade for everyone and a full blown lunch for all the nurses and staff.  We all appreciate the milestones.  Keep on keeping on.

Our very best to you, Bill & Becky

• onlytoday
    onlytoday Member Posts: 609 Member
    Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!`

I am so happy for you!!!  Oh how beautiful that you have heard that word!!! Enjoy enjoy enjoy!! 

Hugs,

Donna

• allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178 Member
    COBRA666 said:

Great News

Sue,

So glad to hear about your sister in law. Has she ever thought of joining the group? What was her diagnosis? Glad to hear all is fine with her.  John 

Sister-in-law.....

Hi John,

Yes...we were very happy to hear she is now in remission. She was diagnosed with FNHL-stg4, predominately in her bone/spine. She did R-CHOP and will start her 2 years Rituxan maint in October. It was pretty weird that 2 of us in the family have FNHL. She was diagnosed in Feb 2013. She was having back pain, went in for that and they found her cancer. I asked her to join the group, but she declined. She's a very private person...doesn't like to share much. Steve's whole family is like that. Thanks for asking John..I'll keep you posted on how things go for her. Take care...Sue

• Rocquie
    Rocquie Member Posts: 868 Member
    onlytoday said:

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!`

I am so happy for you!!!  Oh how beautiful that you have heard that word!!! Enjoy enjoy enjoy!! 

Hugs,

Donna

Congratulations

Remission. . .music to our ears. I am so happy to hear about yours!

Rocquie

• COBRA666
    allmost60 said:

Sister-in-law.....

Hi John,

Yes...we were very happy to hear she is now in remission. She was diagnosed with FNHL-stg4, predominately in her bone/spine. She did R-CHOP and will start her 2 years Rituxan maint in October. It was pretty weird that 2 of us in the family have FNHL. She was diagnosed in Feb 2013. She was having back pain, went in for that and they found her cancer. I asked her to join the group, but she declined. She's a very private person...doesn't like to share much. Steve's whole family is like that. Thanks for asking John..I'll keep you posted on how things go for her. Take care...Sue

That is Great !!!

It is nice when we hear the word remission. It is weird when 2 people in the same family have the same diagnosis. When you get down to it, it almost sounds like there is something in the environment causing it. I have a cousin with bladder cancer and his wife has breast cancer. My wifes mother and father both died of if, several years apart. I do not think anybody has not been touched by this disease in one way or the other. Cancer is definitely on the rise. It seems that way to me anyway. John

• anliperez915
    anliperez915 Member Posts: 770
    COBRA666 said:

That is Great !!!

It is nice when we hear the word remission. It is weird when 2 people in the same family have the same diagnosis. When you get down to it, it almost sounds like there is something in the environment causing it. I have a cousin with bladder cancer and his wife has breast cancer. My wifes mother and father both died of if, several years apart. I do not think anybody has not been touched by this disease in one way or the other. Cancer is definitely on the rise. It seems that way to me anyway. John

Hi John

Hi John,

Funny you mention the environment...I've always thought it was in the water haha! Of course it's only my crazy way of thinking, but we did find out just recently that here in the area of Fort Bliss we have had nuclear radiation (makes you wonder even more)! Take care buddy and hope you're doing well. •_•

Sincerely,

Liz

• COBRA666

Hi John

Hi John,

Funny you mention the environment...I've always thought it was in the water haha! Of course it's only my crazy way of thinking, but we did find out just recently that here in the area of Fort Bliss we have had nuclear radiation (makes you wonder even more)! Take care buddy and hope you're doing well. •_•

Sincerely,

Liz

Same here !!!

Same here Liz.

I have always thought it was the environment as well. Just like the food we eat. If you can't pronounce the ingredients it may not be wise to eat it. Never fear though our government will take care of us all. LOL.  John

• girliefighter
    girliefighter Member Posts: 232
    Congratulations on you're

Congratulations on you're successful treatments....way to fight and WIN!!!!

XXXOOO

Carie

• Shoopy
    Shoopy Member Posts: 210
    COBRA666 said:

That is Great !!!

Environment

My doctors can't figure out the cause of my DLBCL either and have commented that it might be environmental.  We live in a 20yo development and there aren't any other 'bursts of cancer' in the neighborhood  They were focusing on the chemicals I have been exposed to over the years in my job but there isn't anything there that would cause it.  Having no cancer history in my family at all...it's quite the conundrum!

Maybe I was 'just lucky'!

Keep the faith all!

Karl