HEY KENNY!!!

lp1964
lp1964 Member Posts: 1,239 Member

Kenny,

it has been a while. I hope you and your family doing well and you made some progress in tests and treatment.

Let us know what's up. We are all rooting, paying for you.

Laz

Comments

• kennyt
    kennyt Member Posts: 110
    Hi Laz

I had a Vats biopsie and the the nodules were malignant so just having kind of a hard time with that. I meet the oncologist tues. to get chemo started soon. Ive been lurking around and was glad to hear of you're progress.

kenny

• lp1964
    kennyt said:

Hi Laz

I had a Vats biopsie and the the nodules were malignant so just having kind of a hard time with that. I meet the oncologist tues. to get chemo started soon. Ive been lurking around and was glad to hear of you're progress.

kenny

Dear Friend,

I can't imagine how you feel. This will take some time to settle. As a few words of incouragement you have no choice but rely on the wisdom of your doctors, the support of your family and friends and let them take care of your physical and mental needs. I know, us men are not used to that. For god's sake we can't ask for directions. But during hard times like this let people help you and that will expend your world again to a new normal that will be different: some ways lot worse and in many ways so much better. Because if you let it, this situation can bring you closer with people and if you really allow yourself to notice and appreciate, you still have a thousand good things in your life to one bad. You have to deal with the bad, you have no choice it showed up at your door, but more importantly, you also have to make an effort to notice the good that has always been infront of you and always will be no matter what.

I know this is not easy and I write this to myself just as much I write it to you, but we got to do it.

Laz

• Chelsea71
    Chelsea71 Member Posts: 1,169 Member
    kennyt said:

Hi Laz

kenny

Stay strong, Kenny. It will
    Stay strong, Kenny. It will get easier. You will get through it. We are all here to help.

Chelsea
  • kennyt
    Chelsea71 said:

Stay strong, Kenny. It will
    Stay strong, Kenny. It will get easier. You will get through it. We are all here to help.

Chelsea

thank you guy's

I'm having a hard time copeing with this I just feel angry and robbed I hope this lessens. All I can focus on is my wifes sadness and my kids growing up without me I know I need to try and get on with life but how? the stage 4 stats are pretty depressing.

• Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    kennyt said:

thank you guy's

I'm having a hard time copeing with this I just feel angry and robbed I hope this lessens. All I can focus on is my wifes sadness and my kids growing up without me I know I need to try and get on with life but how? the stage 4 stats are pretty depressing.

Stay away from the stats

While we lump cancer into neat catagories the disease is as unique as the individual.

There is no reason you can't be in the success percentage.

While depression is not unusual please try to focus on the days, weeks, years you have left with your loved ones and put your energies into the fight.  Easy to say and harder to do, but you can do it.

Marie who loves kitties

• lp1964
    kennyt said:

Hi Laz

kenny

Dear Kenny,

Just wanted to check in with you, see how are you doing. Have you and your doctors have a plan of action, have you started treatment yet? 

Also I wanted to offer my support if you need anything.

Feel free to email me here if that works better for you.

Take care,

Laz

• kennyt
    lp1964 said:

Dear Kenny,

Just wanted to check in with you, see how are you doing. Have you and your doctors have a plan of action, have you started treatment yet? 

Also I wanted to offer my support if you need anything.

Feel free to email me here if that works better for you.

Take care,

Laz

Hi Laz

Tomorrow I'm having a port put in and next thurs. the chemo starts so fingers crossed for minimal side effects and maximum benefits. I'm happy to hear things seem to be going you're way. Im still waiting for the call where the dr says this is all a mistake.

• Chelsea71
    Chelsea71 Member Posts: 1,169 Member
    kennyt said:

thank you guy's

Feeling angry takes a lot of
    Feeling angry takes a lot of time and energy. It's hard work. Try and let it go. The stats are garbage, avoid them. Adopting a positive attitude will help a lot. When you imagine your kids growing up, envision yourself as part of the picture. You and your wife will have to dig deep within yourselves and work hard at being happy. It's a choice. Whatever happens is going to happen. You guys can decide how to live your years whether it's two, ten or twenty. You can spend your time feeling miserable or you can make the best of it and enjoy each day as much as possible. I think this will get easier for you over time. I know how the devastation stage four diagnosis causes. I wish it didn't have to be this way.

Chelsea
  • lp1964
    kennyt said:

Hi Laz

Tomorrow I'm having a port put in and next thurs. the chemo starts so fingers crossed for minimal side effects and maximum benefits. I'm happy to hear things seem to be going you're way. Im still waiting for the call where the dr says this is all a mistake.

We are the Chemo Brothers.

Next Thursday I finish my radiation and Xeloda and then I'll do some Folfox alongside you before my surgery.

The reason is that I'm so content is because when I started I had so much pain that I couldn't sit and couldn't walk. The tumor was pressing on some nerve that made my butt checks very sore. I had low grade fever and was swimming in my sweat at night. Blood in the stool every time. Now even though I probably still have a big cancer in my butt (it started out as the size of a wallnut), thanks God most of my symptoms disappeard about a month ago, so relative to what I had I'm very happy.

I still work and doing really good. I just have to watch everything: when I eat, what I eat, I drink some coffe because suddenly all my strength goes away. But I figured it out and getting by.

I have many new awesome developments in my life too. Me and my teenage daughter have gotten lot closer, because my divorce really messed up our relationship. Me and my new wife got much closer too and our relationship is better than ever.

I'm still very scared of what lies ahead: the new chemo, surgery, the accumulating medical bills etc., but try do get the best out of each day. Every day I try to do something special at the end even if it's just a walk, shopping, cooking a meal. Trouble is here and we have to face it. But at the same time we have to sneak in something fun in each day.

Stay strong my friend, start the treatment and concentrate on your well being and your family's.

What's your treatment plan by the way?

Laz 

• kennyt
    lp1964 said:

We are the Chemo Brothers.

Next Thursday I finish my radiation and Xeloda and then I'll do some Folfox alongside you before my surgery.

The reason is that I'm so content is because when I started I had so much pain that I couldn't sit and couldn't walk. The tumor was pressing on some nerve that made my butt checks very sore. I had low grade fever and was swimming in my sweat at night. Blood in the stool every time. Now even though I probably still have a big cancer in my butt (it started out as the size of a wallnut), thanks God most of my symptoms disappeard about a month ago, so relative to what I had I'm very happy.

I still work and doing really good. I just have to watch everything: when I eat, what I eat, I drink some coffe because suddenly all my strength goes away. But I figured it out and getting by.

I have many new awesome developments in my life too. Me and my teenage daughter have gotten lot closer, because my divorce really messed up our relationship. Me and my new wife got much closer too and our relationship is better than ever.

I'm still very scared of what lies ahead: the new chemo, surgery, the accumulating medical bills etc., but try do get the best out of each day. Every day I try to do something special at the end even if it's just a walk, shopping, cooking a meal. Trouble is here and we have to face it. But at the same time we have to sneak in something fun in each day.

Stay strong my friend, start the treatment and concentrate on your well being and your family's.

What's your treatment plan by the way?

Laz 

laz

my treatment is oxy plus avastin infusion on the first day then zeloda pills 3000 mg a day for 14 days with a week off. then start again for a total of 12 weeks. at that point a scan and if it looks stable or better we will discuss the surg. for the tumor removal.

kenny