One treatment left

Coloncancerblows
Coloncancerblows Member Posts: 296 Member

Hi everyone!  Haven't posted in a while.  Had my 11th treatment on the 3rd and it was my worse one yet!  Threw up all day Wednesday and basically was in bed until Sunday.  But this is starting my good week so things are looking up.  Get my last treatment on the 17th and then my PET scan on the 27th.  God willing, everything is good and I'll be NED.

Cynthia

Comments

• danker
    danker Member Posts: 1,276 Member
    treatment

I hope you are NED when tested. Be sure to let us know!

• wawaju04976
    wawaju04976 Member Posts: 316 Member
    Good luck, Cynthia!!!
    Hugs,

Good luck, Cynthia!!!

Hugs, Judy

• lp1964
    lp1964 Member Posts: 1,239 Member
    Dear Cynthia,

You have know idea how much we wish you success. We keep you in our hearts and root for you all the way.

Laz

• Momof2plusteentwins
    Momof2plusteentwins Member Posts: 509 Member
    Cynthia
    Almost done, you can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I'm sure your scan will be good. Good luck with your last treatment and hopefully you won't be as sick. Let us know your good scan results.
    Sandy :)
  • barbebarb
    barbebarb Member Posts: 464

Cynthia
    Almost done, you can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I'm sure your scan will be good. Good luck with your last treatment and hopefully you won't be as sick. Let us know your good scan results.
    Sandy :)

Hello
    Nd strenghWishing you a clean scan!
    It will feel so good to be done with treatment

Each day you will feel better but it stinks when chemo
    makes us so sick.

I may be facing Avastin treatments and hoping I can tolerate and keep working.

Take care and wishing you all clear and strength - Barb
  • steveandnat
    steveandnat Member Posts: 886
    The best to your result

Praying your results are the best NED! Jeff

• Deena11
    Deena11 Member Posts: 199 Member
    YES!!!

I'm so glad you are almost done!  When I had my last one, all the nurses at the treatment center came in with a cupcake and sang "Happy Last Chemo to You!".  I cried like a little baby.  It was just emotional and I was so happy it was over!!  Good luck!!

I have been NED for about 10 months now and feel so much better.  I'm happy for you.

Deena

• LindaK.
    LindaK. Member Posts: 506 Member
    Great news!

Great news Cynthia!  My husband had his last treatment (12 of 12) yesterday.  He had also said since his 11th treatment he'd been feeling the worst - no vomiting, but lots of burping and fatigue.  Our onc. was on vacation and they were short nurses, so it was nothing special.  The followup plan that they kept telling us they'd review on his last treatment was never done.  Going back in 6 weeks for the followup we'd been asking about for months.  Different answers about flushing the port also a little irritating.  The home health care people who just plug his pump up are not so good, but hopefully we won't have to deal with them too much in the future. 

I hope you feel better soon and celebrate your last treatment!!

Linda

• Deena11
    Deena11 Member Posts: 199 Member
    Oh Cynthia...forgot to tell you

Cynthia-

Just wanted to let you know that my CEA continued to escalate from the first treatment to the last.  It never got lower.  As a matter of fact, after my last treatment my CEA levels were at their highest.  The doctor was disappointed, as was I, of course.  He told me he was going to let my body rest before he checked it again.  I finished in September and he checked me in November.  By then, my CEA had fallen well within the normal range.  Every blood test since then has reflected normal blood levels.  Just wanted you to know so you don't panic if your CEA levels are high when you complete your treatments.  You may have a case like mine and they drop soon after the last treatment.

Just sayin...

Deena

• Coloncancerblows
    Coloncancerblows Member Posts: 296 Member
    Thank you everyone for the

Thank you everyone for the well wishes!  Had my labs yesterday and my ANC count was .8.  Normally if it's under 1.0 I have to get those Neprogen (sp) shots but they let it slide.  I'm just hoping my counts are good enough next Wednesday for my last chemo session.

• MargaritaSalsa
    MargaritaSalsa Member Posts: 11

Thank you everyone for the

Thank you everyone for the well wishes!  Had my labs yesterday and my ANC count was .8.  Normally if it's under 1.0 I have to get those Neprogen (sp) shots but they let it slide.  I'm just hoping my counts are good enough next Wednesday for my last chemo session.

Good luck with everything.

Good luck with everything. Can't wait for the last treatment for me! Four more left.

• Easyflip
    Easyflip Member Posts: 588 Member
    Congratulations!
    I've just finished number 3 so you are my inspiration for pushing through! We just got to keep on going and not look back but forward to better times. Here's to Ned!
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Sorry

Sorry that your last treatment was so bad for you but wishing that the test shows you clean.  Good luck and hoping that everything is better next time.

Kim

• Cathleen Mary
    Cathleen Mary Member Posts: 827 Member

Sorry

Sorry that your last treatment was so bad for you but wishing that the test shows you clean.  Good luck and hoping that everything is better next time.

Kim

So sorry you have had such a

So sorry you have had such a rough time of it.  Hang in!  The end is in sight. Prayers that all goes well  and NED will be your friend.

Cathleen Mary

• annalexandria
    annalexandria Member Posts: 2,571 Member
    I'll be thinking of you on the 27th,

and hoping for great results!  You must be so relieved to be almost done with this.  We'll be waiting anxiously, so keep us posted!  Hugs~AA

• hippiechicks
    hippiechicks Member Posts: 509 Member
    Good Luck to you Cynthia!

Good Luck to you Cynthia!