Am i hoping for something impossible?

Hi all,

Finally remembered my password to get on here and comment, have been keeping up to date with you by looking but have been quiet for a while now....

Mum has been off chemo after a clear scan ( second time around) for 5 months. She informed me today she has booked in for a scan after having some pain in her abdomen.

Could this potentially be something unrelated or are we in for another ride on the rollercoaster that consumes our familys entire being.

Searching for hope here... I know its a long shot but things just started to feel normal again and now this!

Comments

• RickMurtagh
    RickMurtagh Member Posts: 587 Member
    fotunately

fortunately, abdominal pain can be many things not cancer.  unfortunately, with a history of recent cancer, cancer can not be ruled out.  you don't know for sure either way right now, so patience is the call to order right now.  if it turns out not to be cancer - jubilation!  if it is a reccournce, well, there will be plenty to concern yourself THEN if that turns out to be the case, no need to worry now.

either way, i hope they find the cause of the pain and relieve it.

peace,

rick

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Hate

I hate that every niggle, every bout of constipation, every feeling that something isn't righ, sends the cancer fire brand right up your Spine. 

if your mum feels another scan will ease her mind, then let her go for it. 

Keep us updated 

my prayers and thoughts are with y'all of you.

• annalexandria
    annalexandria Member Posts: 2,571 Member
    I know it's almost impossible.

but try not to worry!  It's really important with cancer (as the patient or the caregiver) to take it one day at a time.  That's a cliche, I know, but like most cliches, there is a lot of truth in it.  You can make yourself crazy otherwise.  On a more practical note, if your mom has had surgery, the pain could come from adhesions (scarring), which can develop months or even longer after surgery, and can be quite painful.  Keep us posted!

Hugs to both you and your mom~AA

• annalexandria
    Trubrit said:

Hate

I hate that every niggle, every bout of constipation, every feeling that something isn't righ, sends the cancer fire brand right up your Spine. 

if your mum feels another scan will ease her mind, then let her go for it. 

Keep us updated 

my prayers and thoughts are with y'all of you.

Hey, Trubrit!

Haven't seen you on here as much...are you doing ok?

• fatbob2010
    fatbob2010 Member Posts: 467 Member
    Very Sorry

Try not to worry too much, easier said than done I know.  Art 

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Surgery

If she has had surgery it could also be adhesions and that can be very painful.  Hoping for the best.

Kim

• scareddaughter24
    scareddaughter24 Member Posts: 68

Surgery

If she has had surgery it could also be adhesions and that can be very painful.  Hoping for the best.

Kim

She had surgery almost 2

She had surgery almost 2 years ago.. this july marks the start of the battle and what im hoping is not the end. So frustrating not knowing, she seems well within herself but at times is good at hiding pain/worry.

She has a 7 month old grandson to keep her thoughts opcupied and thanks for all your positive thoughts and prayers, god knows i need them

Love

C

• annalexandria

She had surgery almost 2

She had surgery almost 2 years ago.. this july marks the start of the battle and what im hoping is not the end. So frustrating not knowing, she seems well within herself but at times is good at hiding pain/worry.

She has a 7 month old grandson to keep her thoughts opcupied and thanks for all your positive thoughts and prayers, god knows i need them

Love

C

When does she have her scan?

Hopefully you all won't have to wait too long for results.

• scareddaughter24
    scareddaughter24 Member Posts: 68

When does she have her scan?

Hopefully you all won't have to wait too long for results.

Has her scan next week and

Has her scan next week and the results appointment the week after so two weeks to wait.