Chemo and no no foods

Hooley
Hooley Member Posts: 156

my onc told me no St. John's warts, grape seed extract and Seville oranges as it interferes with chemo.   Is it also true should not have grapefruit parts ruby ones?

Comments

• Sonia32
    Sonia32 Member Posts: 1,071 Member
    Yes

My oncologist was the same and only allowed me to take Proto-col vitamins.

If you want to go down the herbal route as well as chemo, I am hoping one of our experienced members on juicing etc will pop up.

Yep juicing over the years, I have read on here from many is something that helps. Also chinese herbal medicine, john where are you for that!

• thxmiker
    thxmiker Member Posts: 1,278 Member
    Dr. Lenz told me NO Way on

Dr. Lenz told me NO Way on Grapefruit!  We love our Ruby Reds or Palmettos in the morning. I have not had one in 7 months. :(

Best Always,  mike

• pete43lost_at_sea
    pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
    thxmiker said:

Dr. Lenz told me NO Way on

Dr. Lenz told me NO Way on Grapefruit!  We love our Ruby Reds or Palmettos in the morning. I have not had one in 7 months. :(

Best Always,  mike

all oncs general advice is bs even lenz

google p450 and phase 1, for some grapefruit helpful. ie stage 1 ovet shooting stage 2 detox pathways liver, cannot these doctors read and think how unique ewach patients needs are  no wonder we die with bs avice everywhete. it was prescubed for me, that said avoiding a day before during and syraight after ipt could vbe considered.