Checking in

Coloncancerblows
Coloncancerblows Member Posts: 296 Member

Hello everyone!  Haven't been on in a few weeks but just wanted to say I have 3 more treatments left.  Had a treatment on Wednesday and the fatigue is really kicking my butt with these being the last ones.  At least I'm off work until my sessions are over.  I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.  So ready to be done with this. 

Cynthia

Comments

• Momof2plusteentwins
    Momof2plusteentwins Member Posts: 509 Member
    I know how you feel!
    I finished in December and the last few treatments seem to go on forever, but I'm sure you can see that light at the ebpnd of the tunnel. The neuropathy didnt kick in until treatments ended for me. Good luck with final three, you can do it.
    Sandy :)
  • barbebarb
    barbebarb Member Posts: 464

I know how you feel!
    I finished in December and the last few treatments seem to go on forever, but I'm sure you can see that light at the ebpnd of the tunnel. The neuropathy didnt kick in until treatments ended for me. Good luck with final three, you can do it.

THREE!
    Its a marathon but you can do it!
    Barb
  • Coloncancerblows

I know how you feel!

SAndy,
    How long until you

SAndy,

How long until you could tolerate drinking cold stuff or touching anything cold?  You don't know how bad I want a frozen margarita! haha

• Coloncancerblows
    barbebarb said:

THREE!
    Its a marathon but you can do it!
    Barb

Barb,
    I like the saying on

Barb,

I like the saying on your cover photo!

• Momof2plusteentwins
    Momof2plusteentwins Member Posts: 509 Member
    Cynthia
    Within 2 weeks I was drinking my ice cold Cokes. I am a ice crunchers, just love cold stuff. Except for my feet, I still wear socks all the time. My feet always feel like they have pasty glue on them and numb and socks help that. It is going to be in the 90s this week and I will be wearing my socks, hmmm.
  • Coloncancerblows

Cynthia
    Within 2 weeks I was drinking my ice cold Cokes. I am a ice crunchers, just love cold stuff. Except for my feet, I still wear socks all the time. My feet always feel like they have pasty glue on them and numb and socks help that. It is going to be in the 90s this week and I will be wearing my socks, hmmm.

An ice cold coke sounds

An ice cold coke sounds soooooo good!  I am an ice cruncher too and love everything cold.  Two weeks isn't bad.  It's in the 90's here in Texas and I can wear flipflocks in the house and outside but as soon as I go to a restaurant or movie theatre, have to wear shoes and socks.  I'm hoping that sensation goes away eventually.

• YoVita
    YoVita Member Posts: 590 Member
    Light at the end of the tunnel indeed

Congratulations - just imagine your cold drinks for a little longer - and then enjoy!

• lp1964
    lp1964 Member Posts: 1,239 Member

An ice cold coke sounds

An ice cold coke sounds soooooo good!  I am an ice cruncher too and love everything cold.  Two weeks isn't bad.  It's in the 90's here in Texas and I can wear flipflocks in the house and outside but as soon as I go to a restaurant or movie theatre, have to wear shoes and socks.  I'm hoping that sensation goes away eventually.

Ice crunchers!!!

I know it's a secondary concern to most of us, but as a dentist I have to tell you that chewing on ice is the worst thing you can do to your teeth. Not just that ice is as hard as a rock but also it drops your mouth temperature from a 100 to 30 in a second, causing cracks in your teeth. We see cracked teeth from ice cheering every day.

Also sodas are ph 2-3, very acidic. Again bad fore the enamel, bad for fighting cancer since it makes your entire system acidic.

Again, I know it's a minor concern when we have cancer, but please consider and save your teeth for better days.

Nothing but good days to you all.

Laz the dental party pooper ;)

• LindaK.
    LindaK. Member Posts: 506 Member
    You can do it!!

3 to go - hooray!!  My husband is just ahead of you - 2 treatments to go, hopefully last one on July 10th.  His Folfox was reduced to 5FU and leucovorin only after 5 treatments since he ended up back in the hospital due to extreme constipation in March.  He doesn't have the extreme cold sensitivity anymore or the neuropathy, only extreme fatigue and achy joints.  He still has constipation the first 3-4 days, still taking senna, stool softeners and fiber.

I'm hoping his fatigue will go away by the end of the summer.  Not sure when any CT scans will be scheduled after the end of treatment.  Colonoscopy will probably be in December, one year after diagnosis.  We'll see....

Keep up the good work!

• Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    LindaK. said:

You can do it!!

3 to go - hooray!!  My husband is just ahead of you - 2 treatments to go, hopefully last one on July 10th.  His Folfox was reduced to 5FU and leucovorin only after 5 treatments since he ended up back in the hospital due to extreme constipation in March.  He doesn't have the extreme cold sensitivity anymore or the neuropathy, only extreme fatigue and achy joints.  He still has constipation the first 3-4 days, still taking senna, stool softeners and fiber.

I'm hoping his fatigue will go away by the end of the summer.  Not sure when any CT scans will be scheduled after the end of treatment.  Colonoscopy will probably be in December, one year after diagnosis.  We'll see....

Keep up the good work!

Linda

Alot of folks get their scans immediately after treatment wraps.....

My onc has different ideas....he waited a couple of months after the last treatment to bring me in for the first follow-up scan.

His reasoning was that things needed to settle down inside of us to gather a better view of what's really going on....sometimes, doing a scan right out of treatment can paint a false portrait. 

A couple of months seems to allow things to cool down and really show themselves if there is still something out there.

Just food for thought....as always, do what the doc suggests....

• Eltina21
    Eltina21 Member Posts: 173 Member
    Checking In

So glad to hear from you.  Yes there is light at the end of the tunnel so don't give up.  I worked through my entire chemotherapy.  The more treatments, the more fatigue.  However, after your treatments are over, you will feel better.  I had to go through chemotherapy at the same time I was going through menopause.  My hot flashes were outrageous.  My treatment was during the summer and I could not have ice cream or ice water.   The doctors could not give me anything for the flashes.  I felt like a walking light bulb with power surges. So concentrate on your light and you will be fine.  Have a great day.Wink 

• LindaK.
    LindaK. Member Posts: 506 Member
    Sundanceh said:

Linda

Alot of folks get their scans immediately after treatment wraps.....

My onc has different ideas....he waited a couple of months after the last treatment to bring me in for the first follow-up scan.

His reasoning was that things needed to settle down inside of us to gather a better view of what's really going on....sometimes, doing a scan right out of treatment can paint a false portrait. 

A couple of months seems to allow things to cool down and really show themselves if there is still something out there.

Just food for thought....as always, do what the doc suggests....

Thanks Craig

Once again, thanks for your insight.  I think the onc will tell us at the last scheduled appointment, he hates to get ahead of himself as I find many of my questions starting with "When will....?"  He did say he will meet with us every 3 months for 2 years and they suggested leaving the port in for 2 years.  Waiting a few months for scans sounds like a good idea.

We're in that naive period you've been mentioning lately.  That's what has got us this far - must stay positive!

XO